This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros IV

...and Allen York is back in Chicago http://www.chicagoexpresshockey.com/...article_id=344
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      ...and Allen York is back in Chicago http://www.chicagoexpresshockey.com/...article_id=344
      Columbus goaltending situation is in a bit of flux. They apparently just traded for a new goaltender.Not at all sure how that affects York in their plans.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Columbus goaltending situation is in a bit of flux. They apparently just traded for a new goaltender.Not at all sure how that affects York in their plans.
        At the moment, not much of an impact, as said goaltender recently had surgery and won't be playing for the remainder of the season.
        APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
          At the moment, not much of an impact, as said goaltender recently had surgery and won't be playing for the remainder of the season.
          Correct GR. Curtis McEhlhinney seems to have just been included in the deal as a salary dump perhaps...from the CBJ site....As part of the trade, McElhinney was traded to the Blue Jackets to assist the Coyotes in getting down to the 50-contract maximum permitted by the NHL. McElhinney, 28, is currently recovering from an injury and will remain with the AHL’s Portland Pirates through the end of the season. He is not expected to play this season, and will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

textbook hip-check by Jeff Foss.....http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...eefd47606.html

Comment

If they don't find a way to get York some playing time, it won't affect him at all. They need to put him in and keep him in to find out where he belongs. This organization just seems to be completely off the wall.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                If they don't find a way to get York some playing time, it won't affect him at all. They need to put him in and keep him in to find out where he belongs. This organization just seems to be completely off the wall.
                Ehf_i just brought it up to see what others felt. I wasn't sure if it helped his chances or hurt them.

Comment

Brandon Pirri notches his 21st late in the 3rd for the game winner...named #1 Star http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1009438 and Tyler Helfrich scores his 13th in Bakersfield 4-3 SO loss http://echl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=9328

Comment

Ehf_i just brought it up to see what others felt. I wasn't sure if it helped his chances or hurt them.
                    Doc, I understand why you brought it up, but I am sure that you will agree that if York doesn't get playing time somewhere, he will be going nowhere.
                    I was kind of hoping he would be thrown in with others being traded by Columbus.
                    I have zero confidence in the Columbus organization.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

and the journey continues for York...he's back in Springfield http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

Comment

What does "returned on loan from Columbus" mean? Is it that Columbus is loaning him to Springfield, or that Springfield had lent him to Columbus? New terminology for me...

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                          What does "returned on loan from Columbus" mean? Is it that Columbus is loaning him to Springfield, or that Springfield had lent him to Columbus? New terminology for me...
                          I'm pretty sure it has something to do with who is paying the player while he's with a certain club...salary, meal money, insurance. Here's a link if you want to try & find exactly what it means....http://www.phpa.com/en/content/home/...ing-agreement/

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            Doc, I understand why you brought it up, but I am sure that you will agree that if York doesn't get playing time somewhere, he will be going nowhere.
                            I was kind of hoping he would be thrown in with others being traded by Columbus.
                            I have zero confidence in the Columbus organization.
                            Exactly-I still feel he is going to be thrown in as a player to be added in some trade soon. But of course i have no clue what that would mean for his chances to play.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              I'm pretty sure it has something to do with who is paying the player while he's with a certain club...salary, meal money, insurance. Here's a link if you want to try & find exactly what it means....http://www.phpa.com/en/content/home/...ing-agreement/
                              This kind of stuff-who pays for what and how much-often times is the key to where a player gets assigned and actually whether he sees ice time or not. I have been through this before and believe me I understand why most players have lawyers as agents who can decipher these incredibly complicated deals.

Comment

Exactly-I still feel he is going to be thrown in as a player to be added in some trade soon. But of course i have no clue what that would mean for his chances to play.
                                It would probably cut down on his Frequent Flyer miles which wouldn't be bad.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X