X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros IV

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
    There's an article about Brandon Pirri this evening on the front page of the AHL's website: http://theahl.com/icehogs-pirri-comi...is-own-p175964
    If he had only stayed in Troy.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      If he had only stayed in Troy.
      It was never his intention. At most we would have had him for 2 years. D'Amigo was another story. I suspect he had intentions of staying longer-but in these economic times you really cannot blame someone for taking the cash if enough is offerred. Personally i have always felt JD'A would have developed just fine in Troy and done even better with his negotiations with the pros after at least 3 years there.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        It was never his intention. At most we would have had him for 2 years. D'Amigo was another story. I suspect he had intentions of staying longer-but in these economic times you really cannot blame someone for taking the cash if enough is offerred. Personally i have always felt JD'A would have developed just fine in Troy and done even better with his negotiations with the pros after at least 3 years there.
        I have long ago given up the what might have beens. But I think that a couple of current Engineers could learn a lot from reading that article.
        We need someone to step up and take charge. There are guys in that locker room who have it in them.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          I have long ago given up the what might have beens. But I think that a couple of current Engineers could learn a lot from reading that article.
          We need someone to step up and take charge. There are guys in that locker room who have it in them.
          at the risk of sounding like a, "Negative Nellie", if after 29 games no-one has stepped up yet I doubt we'll see it for the last 6 games.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Allen York recalled to Columbus http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-feb-10-p175994....http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news...id=DL|CBJ|home
            Last edited by turk181; 02-10-2012, 05:00 PM.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Nice news. hope this is not a quick visit for him. Would love to see them give him a decent chance to show what he can do.

Comment

I can't believe how much he is being moved around.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What exactly are they doing with York. AHL,NHL, AHL, ECHL, NHL. And he hardly playes anywhere he goes.
                  What do they expect to get from him in the NHL with his lack of play this year?
                  I'm glad he is back in the NHL, but I can't believe he will be there long.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  Gary Player

Comment

What exactly are they doing with York. AHL,NHL, AHL, ECHL, NHL. And he hardly playes anywhere he goes.
                    What do they expect to get from him in the NHL with his lack of play this year?
                    I'm glad he is back in the NHL, but I can't believe he will be there long.
                    makes me wonder what Yorkie's feeling about leaving early. Lack of any real playing time, at any level, can't be good for his development.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      makes me wonder what Yorkie's feeling about leaving early. Lack of any real playing time, at any level, can't be good for his development.
                      I would imagine a lot of that would depend on what exactly he is being paid. If the money is good-you might no mind a year of shuttling back and forth. He is still extremely young as far as goalies go-as long as they just keep giving him a chance at the top level.

Comment

I would imagine a lot of that would depend on what exactly he is being paid. If the money is good-you might no mind a year of shuttling back and forth. He is still extremely young as far as goalies go-as long as they just keep giving him a chance at the top level.
                        Well, while he is in the NHL, he is making NHL money. I don't know if that holds true for being sent to the ECHL.
                        I would think that he would like to get in some playing time no matter where he is. And he doesn't seem to be getting that.
                        That being said, they must like his chances, or they wouldn't be going to him when they need someone in the NHL. You would think that they would bring up Legace for those days when they need goalie help.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        Gary Player

Comment

Well, while he is in the NHL, he is making NHL money. I don't know if that holds true for being sent to the ECHL.
                          I would think that he would like to get in some playing time no matter where he is. And he doesn't seem to be getting that.
                          That being said, they must like his chances, or they wouldn't be going to him when they need someone in the NHL. You would think that they would bring up Legace for those days when they need goalie help.
                          My thought also. They must consider him a guy they can go to if they bring him up more than once. Although Philadelphia kept calling up Neil Little without giving him much of a chance to play for years.

Comment

And think of all of the frequent flyer miles.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, it looks like York's dressing as backup tonight! http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/RO020824.HTM

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                                Well, it looks like York's dressing as backup tonight! http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/RO020824.HTM
                                It appears that he is really on the verge of getting a shot at the big time. He certainly is on the right team for it. Successful teams don't often make changes in goal frequently. He has time on his side-goalies can stick around for a long time before becoming regualrs.

Comment

Working...
                                X