X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros IV

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    you now have to wonder what the heck is going on in the offices of the CBJ. Allen York reassigned to Chicago http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-jan-5-p175295 from the Chicago site...http://www.chicagoexpresshockey.com/...article_id=269
    They weren't going to give him more playing time in the AHL. I was hoping to watch him play last week, and instead saw Legace. Oh well, at least the Crunch scored 5 goals, so I got free Denny's.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      They weren't going to give him more playing time in the AHL. I was hoping to watch him play last week, and instead saw Legace. Oh well, at least the Crunch scored 5 goals, so I got free Denny's.
      Allen York to see his playing time increased with Springfield?......http://www.masslive.com/sports/index...ely_to_se.html
      perhaps the writer simply had no clue but I thought from this article that Yorkie was going to get more playing time w/Springfield
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

perhaps the writer simply had no clue but I thought from this article that Yorkie was going to get more playing time w/Springfield
        If he was going to get more playing time, I would have seen him play last week. All I saw was him warming up. From what I can tell, they only spun it that way because he was moved up.

Comment

If he was going to get more playing time, I would have seen him play last week. All I saw was him warming up. From what I can tell, they only spun it that way because he was moved up.
          All I can say is playing a 38 year old goaie in the AHL is crazy. The organization needs some serious help.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            All I can say is playing a 38 year old goaie in the AHL is crazy. The organization needs some serious help.
            Yeah, Columbus is in a rough place. However, York let in 6 goals on 28 shots in two periods yesterday, then was replaced in the third (by Paul Dainton who also let in three goals). Maybe he really is struggling.

Comment

On the bright side, Brutlag had an assist yesterday. And a fight!

Polacek was a starter for the Rivermen yesterday, but ended the night with a -1 and no points.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                Yeah, Columbus is in a rough place. However, York let in 6 goals on 28 shots in two periods yesterday, then was replaced in the third (by Paul Dainton who also let in three goals). Maybe he really is struggling.
                it wouldn't surprise me if he is struggling. He's had no consistent playing time this season. Springfield...Columbus.....Chicago.....Springfield ....Chicago. You drafted him, you convinced him to come out early & now play him like a yo-yo! Make a decision and let the kid PLAY! somewhere.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I understand that the kids may be having a tough time, but you have to find out what you have as an organization. Playing Legace just looks like they have given up on their kids.
                  Put one of the young guys in there for five/ten games in a row and then make a decision.
                  These comments have nothing to do with York, the organization needs to be proactive with the kids. JMO
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  Gary Player

Comment

Brandon Pirri with the gamewinner in OT for Rockford....http://icehogs.com/news/icehogs/inde...rticle_id=3232

Comment

On the bright side, Brutlag had an assist yesterday. And a fight!

Polacek was a starter for the Rivermen yesterday, but ended the night with a -1 and no points.
                      If only he also had a goal...

Comment

That was one thing I had felt when York was at RPI, especially his freshman year, that he really had some rough games, and you could almost tell he was a bit off that night. But if you catch him on a night his game is on, you're going to earn ANYTHING you get past him...

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          I understand that the kids may be having a tough time, but you have to find out what you have as an organization. Playing Legace just looks like they have given up on their kids.
                          Put one of the young guys in there for five/ten games in a row and then make a decision.
                          These comments have nothing to do with York, the organization needs to be proactive with the kids. JMO
                          Considering they decided to shop for another goalie while the Colgate kid was injured and York was in the NHL, I'm not surprised in the least that they don't want to play the new talent.

Comment

Considering they decided to shop for another goalie while the Colgate kid was injured and York was in the NHL, I'm not surprised in the least that they don't want to play the new talent.
                            It makes no sense, unless they have already decided that the kids they have are not the answer.
                            It seems a little early for that, but it could be the case.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            Gary Player

Comment

Has anyone heard about an injury to York? It seems hard to believe that he could go from the NHL in his first professional season, to back up in the ECHL. And that is what he has been this weekend.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

he has been the backup w/Chicago so I doubt there's an injury. The CBJ's goalie situation both at the NHL level & their minor league system certainly has been a carousel this season...http://www.chicagoexpresshockey.com/...article_id=280

Comment

Working...
                                X