This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros IV

Bruuuuuut, scores tying goal with less than 1 minute in Gwinnet's game tonight....no need to mention the obvious http://echl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=8977
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Polacek centering the 4th line for the Rivermen tonight. Ended up with 2 SOG, and 0+/- (his line were the only ones that ended up without an overall -.) Started listening after the Engineers game ended...sounded like Chase played well, pretty close to what we were used to seeing out of him.

Comment

he was off to a good start with 2 SOG midway thru the 1st...surprised he finished with just those 2. JD'A had 1 assist in his game...Pirri held off the scoreboard in his & York was backup in his (Manny Legace allowed 4 in Springfield's loss)
        Last edited by turk181; 12-02-2011, 10:01 PM.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Sounded like Polacek had a lot of shots that either went wide or got blocked-so they didn't show up on the score sheet. He also created several chances, the Rivermen just had issues converting tonight. The Rivermen and the Blues are showing flashes of the same issues the Engineers are having...

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            he was off to a good start with 2 SOG midway thru the 1st...surprised he finished with just those 2. JD'A had 1 assist in his game...Pirri held off the scoreboard in his & York was backup in his (Manny Legace allowed 4 in Springfield's loss)
            I don't understand starting a washed up exNHLer. Isn't the AHL supposed to be grooming talent for the NHL? Lagace was a good goaltender for a couple of years, now it is time to turn it over to the kids.
            For Columbus' sake, start York and get him the icetime he needs to go to the next level.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Theoretically, it is true that the AHL is supposed to be a developmental league, but there's always a fine line between trying to develop players to please the NHL affiliate and trying to put a team on the ice that can win games to please the home fans. Generally, the expectation is that if the balance of players you put on the ice is more heavily weighted toward veteran players than toward young and relatively untested players, the better your chance of winning.

Living here in Hershey Bears territory, I've noticed over the years that when the Bears think they will have a good team in the coming season, preseason articles in the paper talk about how many veteran players they have signed. When the outlook isn't so promising, the preseason articles complain about how many veteran players the other teams have signed.

Anyway, York is getting the start in Springfield's game tonight.

Edit: Yorkie backstopped Springfield to a 3-1 lead with 14 minutes to play in the third period. Unfortunately, the roof fell in on him, as the Falcons took 7 penalties in those last 14 minutes, leading to 5 Whale power-play goals.
              Last edited by Waite21; 12-03-2011, 08:49 PM. Reason: Update on the game

Comment

I have been following hockey for over 50 years, and have never seen a Major penalty for interference. How does that happen???

http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1008967
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  I have been following hockey for over 50 years, and have never seen a Major penalty for interference. How does that happen???

Whoa-and a game misconduct too! He didn't help his team out any: York let in two goals during that major, making for a grand total of five powerplay goals allowed in the third period. Yikes.

Comment

Erik Burgdoerfer had a goal last night, while Helfrich was out of the lineup: http://echl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=8984

Comment

Paul Dainton, (G,ECHL/Chicago) has been called up to Springfield...haven't seen anything on Spring. or CBJ site as to why....yet.

Comment

The Springfield Republican's article on Sunday's game reported that Lagace, the starting goalie, had been having some knee problems. Lagace was flattened when a Portland player collided with him in the second period, which surely did not help those problems.

Lagace remained in the game through the end of the period, but York replaced him in the third. Although the winning goal was scored with a few seconds left in the second period and the win was credited to Lagace, York did a fine job of preserving the win, stopping all 10 shots he faced as Springfield won, 2-1.

Dainton's callup probably means they're not sure Lagace is ready to return to action.

Comment

Ahh...should've noticed that (York replacing Legace) in the boxscore.

Comment

Not the same game, but here's a way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZotMvoiNYM8

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Not the same game, but here's a way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZotMvoiNYM8
                              I guess. I am not sure that that play was interference, and if it was made in the offensive or defensive zones where there was glass, there would have been no injury and possibly no penalty called.
                              I am not a fan of either team, just an unbias hockey fan.
                              I don't like having to watch those unfortunate plays, but the referees make stuff up when an injury occurs. JMO
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

I guess. I am not sure that that play was interference, and if it was made in the offensive or defensive zones where there was glass, there would have been no injury and possibly no penalty called.
                                I am not a fan of either team, just an unbias hockey fan.
                                I don't like having to watch those unfortunate plays, but the referees make stuff up when an injury occurs. JMO
                                Sometimes they make up suff after hearing a loud sound that meant some sort of contact.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X