Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too early for the PWR? Princeton and Brown say no!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Too early for the PWR? Princeton and Brown say no!

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
    That's why the "Pairwise" is so stupid. You are supposed to be comparing two teams head-to-head, yet games played head-to-head is only 1/4 of the criteria. Just run the **** RPI and be done with it.
    And, yes, I do think Air Force is better than Yale.
    Ha, you're making it sound as if Yale and Air Force are the only teams that play college hockey. You simply can't compare two teams based off of ONE head-to-head meeting and leave out everything else that they've done. Do you realize how dumb that is? You still haven't answered my question...never asked which team you thought was better. I'm stunned you think it's Air Force though

So you would be ok with doing it just based off RPI? If so, Yale would still defeat the almighty Falcons. Or perhaps you just want a system that will say AF is better than Yale?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by AFHockeyFan View Post

Don't forget to factor in the altitude, at least that was our excuse for blowing that game. Stop worrying about Yale and concentrate on winning your tourney, then Yale can hopefully exact revenge in Bridgeport.
      Last edited by LTsatch; 02-27-2011, 07:37 PM.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

I'm not really worried about yale. Anyway, if bc wins the HE tournament, they'll probably be a #1 seed somewhere

Comment

Sorry JD I quoted the wrong guy.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Quote Originally Posted by AFHockeyFan View Post

Don't forget to factor in the altitude, at least that was our excuse for blowing that game. Stop worrying about Yale and concentrate on winning your tourney, then Yale can hopefully exact revenge in Bridgeport.
            Yeah, last time Air Force and Yale were in a Regional in Bridgeport, how did that work out?
            2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
            2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
            Air Force Falcons
            2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
            2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
            2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
            2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
            2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

I know it's true for Yale, and I suspect it's true for AF, but some of the players from two years ago have, I believe, moved on. (Not to mention the minor detail that they didn't play each other.) But feel free to live in the past. I was on the AF campus in 1969, and it was pretty cool looking.

Comment

Yale was obviously scared of Air Force and lost on purpose just to avoid the Falcons.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

That's why the "Pairwise" is so stupid. You are supposed to be comparing two teams head-to-head, yet games played head-to-head is only 1/4 of the criteria. Just run the **** RPI and be done with it.

I just bet if you ever posted about poor officiating, it was after a USAF Academy loss, right? Because we know that the only way powerhouse teams can lose is if the refs screw 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Today I'm going to go through the PWR again and see what teams have clinched berths even if they crash out in the league playoffs. So far it looks like Yale and NoDak have locked up #1 seeds and BC is in no matter what. Michigan and Union are close; Denver and Merrimack are too volatile.
                    Any update on this? I'm curious...
                    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Grumble

Nevermind.
                      Last edited by Priceless; 02-27-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

The ECAC's are in Atlantic City, not Lake Placid. Does this analysis assumes that Quinnipiac stays a TUC? Does it change if they aren't?
                        Last edited by goblue78; 02-27-2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                          The ECAC's are in Atlantic City, not Lake Placid.
                          That makes sense, because when I think of ice hockey, I naturally think of Atlantic City

In Scenarios 1 and 2 Quinnipiac's status is irrelevant because NoDak's TUC win% is still not as high as Yale's. I did not consider what would happen if Scenario 1 or 2 happened and both Qn and Cr were removed from TUC status. I also did not examine what happens if Bemidji State falls out of TUC status, but the loss of 4 TUC wins would cripple NoDak. NoDak also needs Robert Morris (2-0) to remain a TUC. Likewise for UAA (2-0-1)

Like I said, there are a lot of permutations out there. Most of them point to Yale as the #1 overall.
                          Last edited by Priceless; 02-27-2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            NoDak will play Michigan Tech four (or five) times which doesn't help them. They will play two TUC at the Final Five...the semi-final and the consolation or final.
                            I thought that there was not a consolation game at the Final Five this year? That's how they managed to keep the "Final Five" name, because there are five games, the two pre-semis / play-in games, two semis, and the final.

BTW, you've still got LP as the place of the ECAC Final Four in Scenario 3.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              I thought that there was not a consolation game at the Final Five this year? That's how they managed to keep the "Final Five" name, because there are five games, the two pre-semis / play-in games, two semis, and the final.

BTW, you've still got LP as the place of the ECAC Final Four in Scenario 3.
                              Correct, there is no longer the third place game. You lose, go home.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23
                                Also, there is no longer a consolation game at the Final Five.
                                Grumble

Well, your Sioux are screwed if they lose the semi-final then.

Comment

Working...
                                X