Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too early for the PWR? Princeton and Brown say no!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Too early for the PWR? Princeton and Brown say no!

BC and UND should always be in different brackets for a potential FF matchup. Those teams playing in March isn't fair as it robs hockey fans of watching those two play in April.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      Before he altered it for attendance, what a bracket for BC:

Midwest Regional (Green Bay):
      15 Dartmouth vs. 2 Boston College
      10 Merrimack vs. 7 Rensselaer

Not sure a potential meeting with Merrimack would be welcome for BC. They better hope someone else knocks them out first because they just don't match up well.
      Last edited by jmhusker; 02-08-2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
        BC and UND should always be in different brackets for a potential FF matchup. Those teams playing in March isn't fair as it robs hockey fans of watching those two play in April.
        I agree, but if Duluth, UNH, Yale and BC all remain #1 seeds, then BC will almost assuradely get sent to St. Louis, along with North Dakota. There is still 6 weeks or so left in the season though, so plenty can change in that time frame.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
          Please. Stop making it sound like you care about others missing out on a great game. You just want BC to have a free pass to the Championship game.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            I agree, but if Duluth, UNH, Yale and BC all remain #1 seeds, then BC will almost assuradely get sent to St. Louis, along with North Dakota. There is still 6 weeks or so left in the season though, so plenty can change in that time frame.
            I doubt UNH and Yale will both hold # 1 seeds to be honest, most likely UNH drops to a # 2. It is interesting that BC could be the # 1 seed in the tournament and get shipped west due to the ludicrous hosting rule. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Not sure a potential meeting with Merrimack would be welcome for BC. They better hope someone else knows them out first because they just don't match up well.
              Don't confuse BC "in December" with BC "in March". Two completely different teams.

Comment

As a Union fan I'm obviously new at this, but can someone tell me if the projected sites are based on objective criteria (geographical or otherwise) or just on what posters think makes the most sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                  As a Union fan I'm obviously new at this, but can someone tell me if the projected sites are based on objective criteria (geographical or otherwise) or just on what posters think makes the most sense?
                  Projected sites start out with placing the 1-4 according to their nearest location, and then 5-16 go in for bracket integrity (i.e. 1/8/9/16, 2/7/10/15, 3/6/11/14. 4/5/12/13). Then movement is done based upon first round matchups with an in-conference opponent (can't have), host teams (Yale, UNH, MTU if they were to have made it), and preserving bracket integrity (4-team "pods", i.e. 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16). If there is a way to move a team to a closer regional in order to make more money, then the NC$$ will swap around teams in a pod to get better attendance, especially for those teams with very good travelling fan bases.

Comment

Not sure a potential meeting with Merrimack would be welcome for BC. They better hope someone else knows them out first because they just don't match up well.
                    While I don't think Merrimack will be a pushover for anyone, I think the "BC doesn't match up well against them" angle is overrated. BC's lost season series' to UVM in recent years and come back to beat them in playoff hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      While I don't think Merrimack will be a pushover for anyone, I think the "BC doesn't match up well against them" angle is overrated. BC's lost season series' to UVM in recent years and come back to beat them in playoff hockey.
                      I just think Merrimack is big, physical and fast enough to hit all those little forwards on BC. Doesn't matter what part of the year.

Comment

I just think Merrimack is big, physical and fast enough to hit all those little forwards on BC. Doesn't matter what part of the year.
                        There are bigger, more physical and faster teams out there, and BC is a better team than all of them. BC would have to do something to beat themselves, or have a goaltender steal a game for them not to win in the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          Can't see this happening. UNH will fall to a #2 or #3 before it's all over. They are under 500 outside of HE and have to play BC and Merrimack two more time each before the HE tourney. I know their record in HE is stellar, and you have to give them credit for beating the teams that they should have, but they are probably the 3rd best team in HE and I think the next four weeks will show that. I predict that BC will be #1 in Manchester and UNH will be #2 or #3 and most likely #3.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            There are bigger, more physical and faster teams out there, and BC is a better team than all of them. BC would have to do something to beat themselves, or have a goaltender steal a game for them not to win in the post season.
                            ROFL... They barely beat BU last night. They are a very good team but far from invincible.

Comment

ROFL... They barely beat BU last night. They are a very good team but far from invincible.
                              not sure what rofl is, but they barely beat BU in BU's own Tournament. There have been years when BU was an awful team and they've won that tournament. Not to mention, BU (once again) had a goal scored conveniently not counted for the opposing team, and the officiating was horribly biased for BU in regulation. That has nothing to do with the fact that come March, no team will be better than BC, and as I said, they will have to screw something up, or hit an all time hot goaltender to lose.

Comment

No one is invincible, but did you see the game? How many teams do you know that could withstand the screw job trying to be placed on them by the Hockey East refs. That "non goal call was one of the worst Ive ever seen.
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X