Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too early for the PWR? Princeton and Brown say no!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Too early for the PWR? Princeton and Brown say no!

I came up with:

East:

1. Yale
    2. Union
    3. Merrimack
    4. RIT

Northeast:

1. BC
    2. UNH
    3. RPI
    4. Nebraska-Omaha

Midwest:

1. Denver
    2. Wisconsin
    3. Western Michigan
    4. Boston University

West:

1. North Dakota
    2. Minnesota-Duluth
    3. Michigan
    4. Notre Dame
    Last edited by J.D.; 02-05-2011, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I came up with:

East:

1. Yale
      2. Union
      3. Merrimack
      4. RIT

Northeast:

1. BC
      2. UNH
      3. RPI
      4. Nebraska-Omaha

Midwest:

1. Denver
      2. Wisconsin
      3. Western Michigan
      4. Boston University

West:

1. North Dakota
      2. Minnesota-Duluth
      3. Michigan
      4. Notre Dame
      The Eastern bracket is cupcake city. Conversely, that western bracket is brutal. Talk about two very different roads to St. Paul.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Code:
        Bridgeport	Manchester	St Louis	Green Bay
        Yale		BC		North Dakota	Denver
        Union		UNH		UMD		Wisconsin
        Merrimack	RPI		W Michigan	Michigan
        AHA Champ	UNO		BU		Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          The Eastern bracket is cupcake city. Conversely, that western bracket is brutal. Talk about two very different roads to St. Paul.
          But the west is the only bracket without one of last year's frozen four teams in it!
          -M

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Code:
            Bridgeport	Manchester	St Louis	Green Bay
            Yale		BC		North Dakota	Denver
            Union		UNH		UMD		Wisconsin
            Merrimack	RPI		W Michigan	Michigan
            AHA Champ	UNO		BU		Notre Dame
            I guess we'll find out how they break ties between two teams if this holds up.

If that's the case, I would switch the Denver/Notre Dame game with UND/BU. Notre Dame is one of the few schools that can bus to St. Louis, and give it a chance at having a "name" team.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

If that's the case, I would switch the Denver/Notre Dame game with UND/BU. Notre Dame is one of the few schools that can bus to St. Louis, and give it a chance at having a "name" team.
              I doubt this will hold up. It never has before

Comment

I doubt this will hold up. It never has before
                Very true. It would be nice if it did though.
                North Dakota

Comment

I was just playing around at SiouxSports (because I clearly have no life) and noticed they still have the 10-game requirement for TUCs. That criteria no longer exists.

Comment

I was just playing around at SiouxSports (because I clearly have no life) and noticed they still have the 10-game requirement for TUCs. That criteria no longer exists.
                    Jason Moy's second-most recent post in the Bracketology Blog.
                    Originally posted by Jason Moy
                    Fast-forward to this week, when this season’s handbook appeared. Well, the 10-games language is back.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I just love how the committee tweaks criteria like this in the middle of a season.

So much for transparency.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Except that that "name" team could barely draw 2000 people to the Sears Centre for their own tournament, and no one had to scramble to make arrangements. Granted, an in season tourney isn't the same as the NCAAs, but I think St. Louis is going to have a problem with attendance almost no matter who is slotted there.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                          Except that that "name" team could barely draw 2000 people to the Sears Centre for their own tournament, and no one had to scramble to make arrangements. Granted, an in season tourney isn't the same as the NCAAs, but I think St. Louis is going to have a problem with attendance almost no matter who is slotted there.
                          Unless the NCAA makes the Blues a host school, there are going to be about 16,000 empty seats. That's going to look awesome on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                            I completely agree. St Louis is going to struggle. Saying that, it needs any and all help it can get. Notre Dame would draw more interest than say Western Michigan. Plus, it's a bus trip, and saves the NCAA a flight.

Perhaps if there are 16k+ empty seats, the NCAA will give more thought to on-campus first round series.
                            North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              I just love how the committee tweaks criteria like this in the middle of a season.

So much for transparency.
                              I was under the impression the tweaks were done prior to the season but they just didn't release the handbook till mid season

Comment

Really, st. Louis needs und at the very least along with a uno and michigan

Comment

Working...
                                X