Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suny cortland season thread 1.

Originally posted by tabernacle67 View Post
    I think im the only one who is happy with they tie. that keeps us right in the mix and I think we are in a good spot to make a move into the playoffs. I also heard clarified why our senior goaltender was kicked off the team. Apparently the coach told him he was not allowed to miss practice due to school and Khulman told him that school came first. Khulman was then kicked off the team and in the recent weeks this has been brought up to the AD. Us cortland fans are hopeful because in the stands tonight we heard that there will be a goaltending change this next weekend! This is not to say that our goaltending to day has been sub par. It just looks like who we have now is over worked and when he plays he looks tired.
    Honestly we are in 7th place and we have a game in hand. I feel like we control our own destiny and that we will at least sneak into the playoffs. In my opinion we have the two best forwards in the league in kalata and lysyj and word around campus is our #1 goalie is coming back this weekend. I was at the game tonight and we looked good. We gave up a few bad goals but we battled back and answered right away to the goals. Looking over the stats 2 wins out of the next 3 games puts us in the playoffs. I know people will think im crazy, but im very confident that we can take 2 out of 3

Comment

Side note: the game at Fredonia tonight was top notch... Me and the few other cortland faithful were treated with the upmost amount of respect.

Comment

Honestly we are in 7th place and we have a game in hand. I feel like we control our own destiny and that we will at least sneak into the playoffs. In my opinion we have the two best forwards in the league in kalata and lysyj and word around campus is our #1 goalie is coming back this weekend. I was at the game tonight and we looked good. We gave up a few bad goals but we battled back and answered right away to the goals. Looking over the stats 2 wins out of the next 3 games puts us in the playoffs. I know people will think im crazy, but im very confident that we can take 2 out of 3
        That's a bold statement... (thus why I bolded it)
        Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
        2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
          Well think about who they play with their line and who their coach is... Obviously not up to par with Oswego

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
            What they have done with a team that isnt as good and a coach who isnt as good as Oswego's should speak for itself. The fact that both players are in the top of the league in separate categories should carry enough weight.

Comment

Lysyj and Kaleta are having great seasons this year but I don't see them as the two best forwards in the league. Luke Moodie, Paul Rodrigues and Jon Whitelaw from Oswego, Zachary Vit from Geneseo, Trevor McKinney from Buffalo State, and Jared Docking from Plattsburgh are also guys that are very good. The thing that separates the great players from the rest is the ability to score that big goal when the game is on the line and Lysyj and Kaleta have failed to do that against some good teams,Geneseo, Neumann, Platty, Manhattanville and now Fredonia. I know those two guys scored in those games but a goal or two in OT would certainly help their case. It's not all about how many you score, it is more about when you score them. And lets face it, it is much harder to perform when everyone expects you to.

And before you get too down on Baldy, remember this is a guy who has won over 300 games and a National title with Stevens Point.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                Lysyj and Kaleta are having great seasons this year but I don't see them as the two best forwards in the league. Luke Moodie, Paul Rodrigues and Jon Whitelaw from Oswego, Zachary Vit from Geneseo, Trevor McKinney from Buffalo State, and Jared Docking from Plattsburgh are also guys that are very good. The thing that separates the great players from the rest is the ability to score that big goal when the game is on the line and Lysyj and Kaleta have failed to do that against some good teams,Geneseo, Neumann, Platty, Manhattanville and now Fredonia. I know those two guys scored in those games but a goal or two in OT would certainly help their case. It's not all about how many you score, it is more about when you score them. And lets face it, it is much harder to perform when everyone expects you to. And before you get too down on Baldy, remember this is a guy who has won over 300 games and a National title with Stevens Point.
                what I was saying is that they are not playing for a traditional powerhouse and they are not playing with guys who should be playing Div. 1. Take either of them and put them on a top like on oswego or plattsburghm or heck, even genesseo and they are top conference guys. Take a look of the top scorers and who they are playing with. Now take cortlands top couple guys and put them with guys who played top tier junior A. Your All America voting and All conference voting would be a lot different.

Now... Joe Balderatta has 300 wins... and he is also really really close to 300 losses. He hasnt made the playoffs in 4 years. If the AD at cortland doesnt get rid of him it shows they really dont care. He obviously is the problem

Comment

If the AD at cortland doesnt get rid of him it shows they really dont care. He obviously is the problem
                  This is the real problem at Cortland, the administration simply does not care about hockey. They have Lacrosse, track, football, baseball etc. to make them their coin and hockey is an afterthought. The level of effort it takes to put a competitive hockey team on the ice is something that Cortland simply doesn't want to do. They have taken a step in the right direction this year but it really isn't enough.

You may be right about Lysyj and Kaleta but I don't know. Lysyj I will give you because he is so big and uses his size well and he scores a lot of dirty goals. Kaleta I have always felt has been a dirty player and while he is scoring more this year, I think he would find himself on the bench a lot at one of the top schools.

Comment

SUNY Cortland going private
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                      ...a headline worthy of the NY Post...
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                        ...a headline worthy of the NY Post...
                        That might get them to $25 million quicker
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Mike Lysyj in the Elmira Jackals (ECHL) lineup for tomorrow nights game vs Orlando. Congrats Mike.

Comment

nice to see..also hope he has/does finish up his degree,never hurts

Comment

http://d3hockey.com/recruits/2013/SUNYAC

Really solid recruiting class coming in for Cortland. This is the type of news that really gets us fans excited for the upcoming season......

Comment

http://d3hockey.com/recruits/2013/SUNYAC

Really solid recruiting class coming in for Cortland. This is the type of news that really gets us fans excited for the upcoming season......
                                Do Cortland fans really get excited? I mean in all seriousness until you see the headlines of "New Administration Focusing on Hockey for the **** season" is there any reason to get excited? Or is going from 5 games under .500 to 3 games under .500 reason for excitement? Gotta give you Red Dragon fans credit, you (for the most part) stick with your team. It's just amazing that such a sport school like Cortland, the Admins don't see the writing on the walls on how to build a successful DIII hockey program. Maybe not on par with Plattsburgh or Oswego, but my gosh Brockport has passed Cortland, Buff State has passed Cortland. They understand how to be successful in DIII. You almost thought that bringing in Baldy the Admins "might" be leaning that way...yea um not. You can have a nice building, nice school, blah blah blah but with zero history and not opening your pocket books (AKA FA packages), the list will always be slim pickn's. As I've said before, what Baldy has done with his hands being tied says a lot about a coach (minus his lack of discipline for cheap shot players)
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X