Suny cortland season thread 1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabernacle67 View Post
    From my research it looks like Cranfield had quite a bit more success at Cortland than Balderotta did. Hopefully he will be about to take the team back to the playoffs!
    Apples and oranges...
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: Suny cortland season thread 1.

My nephew played for Cranfield and when he first got there, they had some pretty good players. Nate Gagnon, Kevin Watters come to mind. I haven't seen anybody of that caliber since really. The pattern never seems to change. A win or two against a really good team coupled with many losses to teams they could beat. That's the constant in that program. If you go Waaaaay back, they were actually good in the late 80's/early '90's for a couple of years but that's about it.

I'd say Brockport might be a worse overall program if you take a closer look at it. They have brought in dozens and dozens of Canadian players over the years. Just not very good ones !!!

Comment

Originally posted by tabernacle67 View Post
        from my research it looks like cranfield had quite a bit more success at cortland than balderotta did. Hopefully he will find a way to get some heat into the place!
        fyp
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
          My nephew played for Cranfield and when he first got there, they had some pretty good players. Nate Gagnon, Kevin Watters come to mind. I haven't seen anybody of that caliber since really. The pattern never seems to change. A win or two against a really good team coupled with many losses to teams they could beat. That's the constant in that program. If you go Waaaaay back, they were actually good in the late 80's/early '90's for a couple of years but that's about it.

I'd say Brockport might be a worse overall program if you take a closer look at it. They have brought in dozens and dozens of Canadian players over the years. Just not very good ones !!!
          Gagnon and Watters were decent, and I also played against a lot of the Section 7/10 guys. Still think Lyisisi and Kaleta are better, sorry.

Correct, back in the late 80's early 90's things were different in the DIII landscape. Again, appples to oranges.

Brockport had 12 Canadian players on their 2005-2006 roster. From 2003/04 to 1999-2000 they had 11 total. In the past 14 years, Brockport has had 101 Non American players. Since 2004-2005 90 of the 101 have been during that time. Since that time Brockport has a SUNYAC Win % of .37% the 7 years prior Brockport was a .29% SUNYAC Team.

Buff State has had 89 Non Americans. In 2005-2006 they had 12 Non Americans on their roster. From 2004-2005 to 1999-2000 Buff State had a total of 18 Non Americans. Since 2005-2006 there have been 71 Non Americans on the Buff State roster. From 2004-2005 to 1999-2000 Buff State was a .28% SUNYAC Team. From 2005-2006 Buff State was a .45% SUNYAC Team.

Cortland from 2004-2005 was a .35% SUNYAC team. From 2005-2006 on (when Brockport and Buff State started to add more Canadian players to their team) they've dropped to a .32% SUNYAC team.

As I said, what Baldy did with his hands handicapped against a MUCH improved SUNYAC conference is greater then what Cranfield did when the top of the SUNYAC had "point night" against the Brockport and Buff States of the conference of the old days. Yes it shows that Cortland was a tad better then Brockport and Buff State in the early 2000's, but as soon as they (Brockport/Buff St) started offering the FA packages and the (here is that big phrase again) Administration started CARING about the hockey program (AKA allowing recruiting in Canada and attracted them with $$$) the teams started to win more (Brockport a +8%, Buff State +17%, Cortland -3%). Some people are so blind and want to pin the blame on the coach, when its not the coach's fault the fans have to see short season after short season. Comparing the SUNYAC of the late 90's early 2000's is like apples and oranges to the past 7 or so years. Anyone who's been watching DIII can see this.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Gagnon (113 points), Watters (101) vs. Lysyj (77 points) and Kaleta (55 points) is a no-brainer for me....sorry. Really no comparison. Lysyj was a decent player, but nowhere near as talented as Gagnon. I never noticed the other guy, but who would averaging 14 points per season.

I do agree that at this level the administration is equally important as a coach in the success of the program. But I wouldn't give too much credit to the Buffalo admin. Carriere works his tail off recruiting and is an underrated coach IMO.

I've been following this league since it's formation...so I've been watching.

Comment

Cortland takes first place - Spring 2014 State University of New York State Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) - All-Academic Team and Commissioner's List
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
              X