Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ballgame View Post
    This horse is dead. The EC hockey teams will not play there. Its also not the answer for getting fans.

not to mention you cant sell beer at NCAA events. Maybe I read it wrong, but sounded like if they sold beer at EC games theyd get more fans.

Here is what I know.
    The Domes offer huge cost savings.
    No room at new rink for both EC mens and womens programs.

For me I trust the people at EC that make these decisions.

Are Jackals in trouble? Fold or relo?
    Ec sells beer in the booster club
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: No Reply At All

When I first stated going to EC games, they did in fact sell beer at them, I know, I sold it one night because the regular person had not shown up. Beer creates Rowdies, Personally, I don't like Rowdies JMHO.
      Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
      Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
      Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

I stand corrected. And now that I think about it I remember drinking in the booster lounge after games. My bad

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
          I stand corrected. And now that I think about it I remember drinking in the booster lounge after games. My bad
          Beer is sold in the Booster Lounge...the membership status of the club gets around ncaa issues with a campus owned facility. You CAN sell beer at the downtown arena to everyone...as they do at the Aud in Utica...no different than buying beer at Madison Square Garden for a college basketball game...
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

As long a certain individual is head of a certain department at EC, games will never be played at First Arena.
            2006-2007 ECAC West Pick'em Champion, 2008-2009 ECAC West Pick'em Champion, 1st Double Winner
            BigTime Elmira College Supporter 2000-2014

Comment

Originally posted by kimmerdog View Post
              As long a certain individual is head of a certain department at EC, games will never be played at First Arena.
              Well, maybe not on a consistent basis but Elmira did play two regular season games there a few years back. One was against Geneseo. I don't remember the second.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Well, maybe not on a consistent basis but Elmira did play two regular season games there a few years back. One was against Geneseo. I don't remember the second.
                Johnson & Wales

Comment

• Re: Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

just ordered the EC vs Norwich NCAA game on DVD from last season Norwich 2 EC 1 in overtime.

EC led the entire game until 20 seconds or so until Norwich tied it in the 3rd , I thought the roof caved in when Norwich tied it... very loud, and exciting to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesNest View Post
                    just ordered the EC vs Norwich NCAA game on DVD from last season Norwich 2 EC 1 in overtime.

EC led the entire game until 20 seconds or so until Norwich tied it in the 3rd , I thought the roof caved in when Norwich tied it... very loud, and exciting to be there.
                    As much as I hated the result, that was one of the best atmospheres I've witnessed in quite some time (that is not to say it was the best ever...). I was very happy to have been there. (Thanks Derek!)
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Three games, first vs Johnson & Wales and two vs Geneseo. Genny won both games and we haven't played there since ;-)
                      Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                      Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                      Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                        As much as I hated the result, that was one of the best atmospheres I've witnessed in quite some time (that is not to say it was the best ever...). I was very happy to have been there. (Thanks Derek!)
                        Yeah and you were the m******ho!e pumping your fist over and over again when u found out the platty score while I
                        Was sitting there about ready to make you walk back to loudonville.
                        It was a good atmosphere once norwich
                        Scored but other than that I wasnt impressed. The place was darn loud when they scored with 46 seconds left. I thought the roof was going to come off.

The best atmospheres I have been a
                        Part of were the Oswego platty 2008 sunyac final in old stafford and then the Elmira Utica ecac west semi in 2004 or 2005
                        Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 12-16-2010, 07:12 PM.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Yeah and you were the m******ho!e pumping your fist over and over again when u found out the platty score while I
                          Was sitting there about ready to make you walk back to loudonville.
                          It was a good atmosphere once norwich
                          Scored but other than that I wasnt impressed. The place was darn loud when they scored with 46 seconds left. I thought the roof was going to come off.

The best atmospheres I have been a
                          Part of were the Oswego platty 2008 sunyac final in old stafford
                          and then the Elmira Utica ecac west semi in 2004 or 2005
                          Agreed...that was my favorite game that I have been to. I remember the Oswego crowd doing a Ryan Scott chant in the end...
                          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesNest View Post

you can buy a DVD of that?

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                              you can buy a DVD of that?
                              I think they can be purchased through NSN Norwich.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

I think they can be purchased through NSN Norwich.
                                yeah, here is the link to order Norwich DVD's

http://nsnsports.net/store/?&nos=1&frm[sessiondump]=/tmp/sdump/5c72842ec4c178d411b3d71523296db7.session

Comment

Working...
                                X