Clear All

Re: Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Where's RonT?
    His computer bit the dust.

Comment

What number was Tabb? He sounds familiar too.

No Rich Reerie sightings?! or Mike Biesenthal.

Two more of my favorite players. Andrei Krivokrasov...

Tabb wore #5. Didn't see those other guys.

Comment

Got any pics of NU's new unis?
        Just video. iphone has a great camera but brutal for action shots. Thats why these EC are all standing still....and some are still blurry
        Basically they are all gold/yellow (Im partly colorblind). Gold jersey and socks with black pants. Could be dark blue pants. But they are dark

I can upload these videos to youtube. Ill create a account and post. They arent great vids, only 30ish seconds of random plays

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
        I went to the Curry game. Saw lots of alums: Jeremy Baker, Jeremy Tabb, Jim Dinneen, Bryan Musa, Chris Kavanaugh, Tim Ceglarski. They had an EC Alumni party after the game, which was late due to the game starting at 9:10 because of a bus breakdown.
        How is Coach Ceglarski doing? I emailed him a while back but never heard back. Hope he is doing well.
        I played with all those guys listed. With Baker being my captain junior year along with Shaver.

I dont think he was 5, that was his younger brother Kyle. Who had a BOMB of a shot. Not sure of Jeremy number though.

Just found this.

*****http://i195.***********.com/albums/z251/Johnny_Ballgame/ECTeamphoto1.jpg******
        Last edited by ballgame; 11-18-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Was Clark the next one after him to wear 5? The sole Elmira jersey I own is from when Clark was playing.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Opinions are like...

To clear things up.
            Baker was #8
            Jeremy Tabb was #10
            Kyle Tabb was #5

I have a picture to prove it
            Last edited by ballgame; 11-18-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Coach Ceglarski says he's doing well. He has lost a lot of weight. He also has a beard. He almost didn't look like the same person.

Comment

Coach Ceglarski says he's doing well. He has lost a lot of weight. He also has a beard. He almost didn't look like the same person.
                Good to hear. I always liked Coach Ceglarski. Was always very friendly with me and answered almost any question I would ask him.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                  To clear things up.
                  Baker was #8
                  Jeremy Tabb was #10
                  Kyle Tabb was #5

I have a picture to prove it

that is correct. I was in a hurry when I posted and got screwed up a little. Forgot about Kyle Tabb. I knew Baker was #8, don't know why I put 10. Mixed up with Ryan Baker I guess. See what getting old does to you?

Comment

Got My Popcorn...

Anxiously awaiting Elbo's recap, particularly involving his wit about this guy...
                    *****http://www.edupics.com/turtle-t2883.jpg******
                    Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 11-20-2010, 09:41 PM. Reason: dang, can't make "Ms. Cory" smaller.
                    Dave
                    RIT - '90

Comment

Golden v Soaring Eagles .... bleech!

This new board really suckles pig teats. On game nights, it takes 90+ seconds to render a page. So I've quit even trying until the traffic subsides. To the game.

I'm a bit of a hockey purist - learned and played on ponds - and don't have much use for the machismo or the crap. I also don't attend most funerals, and when I must, I avoid ogling the corpse - prefer to remember folk in their more animated and virile forms. That being said, after the cheap shot with 8 to go, for which no penalty was given, I left. Saul did give Dickinson an earful after that exchange.

Brockport leaves me with dysgeusia stemming from a brawl in the early 90s after which EC and B'port parted ways for a bit. I had thought the program was turning the corner about 3 years ago, but last night was evidence to the contrary. A notable exception is #20, Cody, who could play for any team (D1, 2, 3 or NE) in the country. Kid is a stud who leaves it out there on every shift. The rest are poor skating, semi-skilled thugs.

Elmira's lines were juggled again with the requisite expected slop, but the most troubling symptom was that after scoring a couple of quick ones, the team slept skated through the remainder of periods; to me ... clear evidence of a lack of leadership, (Shrank, Consorti and Sawyer weren't dressed.) Other notable issues are a lack of a consistent tender, and glaring defensive lapses. The D continually turned the puck over in their own zone.

I realize this team is a gelling collection of diverse strengths, and sometimes you take steps backward to find your optimal configurations ... it's a bit frustrating watching the work in progress. Here's hoping the next two-thirds of this macabre season will prove to be worth the effort.

PS ... if you're a 2nd string D1 goalie looking for decent program desperately seeking a consistent goalie ....
                      Last edited by elbojpb; 11-21-2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Re: Golden v Soaring Eagles .... bleech!

My issue isn't the goaltending overall, it's the fact that Bolin keeps getting playing time when he keeps losing. Well, we did beat Brockport but he still gave up four goals. He never looks confident in net, and has yet to win against a big opponent. If he keeps getting playing time against better teams, EC isn't going anywhere. They have plenty of talent, but he needs to stick with either MacDonald or give the freshman Milne a shot.
                        Last edited by smbenny; 11-22-2010, 07:28 PM.
                        2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                          My issue isn't the goaltending overall, it's the fact that Bolin keeps getting playing time when he keeps losing. Well, we did beat Brockport but he still gave up four goals. He never looks confident in net, and has yet to win against a big opponent. If he keeps getting playing time against better teams, EC isn't going anywhere. They have plenty of talent, but he needs to stick with either MacDonald or give the freshman Milne a shot.
                          I agree, we were shocked to see Bolin come out in the second period at Hobart. I think if MacDonald had stayed in, we may have won, after all, we tied it up within the FIRST three mins. of the second.
                          Bolin just does not look like he belongs there, he looks like he's lost most of the time. I think he looked better last year.
                          Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                          Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                          Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                            Bolin just does not look like he belongs there, he looks like he's lost most of the time. I think he looked better last year.
                            Didn't help that defensively the team took large portions of this game off.

Comment

Sawyer wasnt dressed fro Neumann either. Hurt?

Comment

I would imagine Sawyer will be back soon.
                                2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Working...
                                X