Funny thing was, the poor kid had to swing 6 times before connecting. +1

If you're going to fight, at least take a couple of lessons ... punk.+1
    Awesome...
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Re: Opinions are like...

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
      Matt Salmon got DQ'ed for throwing a punch. Funny thing was, the poor kid had to swing 6 times before connecting.
      I'm still trying to figure out how the EC player ended up receiving 2 minutes for roughing and 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct for having his helmet ripped off, not fighting at all, and getting sucker punched when his head was looking completely away from Salmon?

Comment

Re: Opinions are like...

Originally posted by The Thunder Dome View Post
        I'm still trying to figure out how the EC player ended up receiving 2 minutes for roughing and 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct for having his helmet ripped off, not fighting at all, and getting sucker punched when his head was looking completely away from Salmon?
        The roughing occurred after the cross-check in the corner, the unsportsmanlike was evidently something Lee said to instigate Salmon. Must have been a pretty good jibe to lure the kid into throwing punches.

Comment

Re: Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

huge weekend for EC.

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
          Pitiful crowd - Only ~500 - It's a shame

Breaks my heart

Comment

Elmira Fans, be warned an RIT ghost from "Elmira'a ECAC West Nightmares past" will be visting the domes this Friday. Do not panic, can only catch the Friday game...
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              Elmira Fans, be warned an RIT ghost from "Elmira'a ECAC West Nightmares past" will be visting the domes this Friday. Do not panic, can only catch the Friday game...
              except in 1997

Comment

- Late arriving crowd, but only ~450 fannies at the anthem. Probably 750 total.
                - Lines for EC were the same tonight except Owczarczak skated on Shrank's line. Kid's not afraid to lay on the leather. Fun to watch.
                - Shrank's line was matched pretty consistently against Ma'ville's top line, and made Lane's line work.
                - Two really good goaltending exhibitions tonight; McDonald and Lemieux. Both made stellar saves all night.
                - Perhaps EC goaltending questions are beginning to be answered!?
                - Bad line change created the Ma'ville goal
                - Levinthal and Grady kept changing strategies all night. Pretty interesting chess match. Hard forecheck, then a quasi-trap, a full back-check, then they'd spring a forward cherry picking. Saul earned his salary tonight.
                - Real intense, hard hitting, action all night.
                - Finally skating four lines paid off, and toward the 2nd half of the 3rd, the Vals legs gave out, giving EC many more quality chances.
                - EC had quality chances throughout, but could never capitalize. Ma'ville played very disciplined defense in all three zones.
                - Lemieux got a piece of both Elmira goals

Comment

Utica v. EC
                  - Better crowd tonight ... close to 1000
                  - After last night's toe-to-toe knockdown, dragout contest, a few guys got the night off:
                  -- Vallaincort | Sanders | Willer - Killer speed
                  -- Archambault | Acorn | Kourtoglou (one of the prettiest tic-tac-toe-tic plays we've seen in a while)
                  -- Strale | Hoey | Clewlow - Strale takes a few too many penalties, but these three can skate
                  -- Schrank | Herold | Morisette -
                  - Frackin new on defense for Sawyer - played solidly
                  - Utica is big, but couldn't skate with Elmira
                  - MacDonald now has 100+ consecutive minutes of shutout hockey. Looking more comfortable and solid every period.
                  - Doesn't hurt that the defense hasn't skipped a beat even with 2 or 3 new guys out there.
                  - Linden - the last EC All American - drives me crazy, he's either backpeddling early and failing to keep a puck in the o-zone, or he's making an end-to-end run just to lose the puck to three defenders. Has a wicked slappah, but will never pull the trigger!?
                  - EC was much more unbalanced tonight compared to the Mo'ville game. Too many times with 3 guys within a 10' radius of the puck. They do better when they're continually buzzing the net.
                  - This is the deepest squad I've ever seen at the Domes which brings me to my night's discourse.

Let me philosophize a bit. Utica isn't getting the same NAHL recruits that they did a few years back. Seems as though a few squads are investing heavily in their programs, getting the top-shelf talent, even getting D1 dropbacks, and the disparity between the elite and the rest is widening. Although the club I follow is a benefactor of this trend, it's simply not good for D3 in general. Having only 1 or 2 strong teams in each league and the rest fighting for survival is just bad. Perhaps one reason for the formation of the MASCAC, and the demise of the interlock. Should the trend continue, the rich get richer, the poor, poorer, and you have the American League phenomenon in hockey. Perhaps a D4 isn't a bad idea after all.

Comment

Was at the EC/ NU game last night. Was good seeing the guys. Talked with Coach Saul and Jackson after 1st period but had to leave mid way through 2nd as I had a wedding to o to. Was a little late!
                    I took some pics I'll post and some video from iPhone.

Karl Linden is a stud. He just makes plays. EC is quick, was great seeing them play.
                    Talked to a couple of the guys that didn't play. But after a while I felt like I was bothering them.
                    I'll post a couple pics when I can get them hosted.

Also NU has nice new unis!

Comment

@Neumann
                      *****http://i195.***********.com/albums/z251/Johnny_Ballgame/ECGame3.jpg******
                      *****http://i195.***********.com/albums/z251/Johnny_Ballgame/ECGame1.jpg******
                      *****http://i195.***********.com/albums/z251/Johnny_Ballgame/ECGame2.jpg******
                      Last edited by ballgame; 11-15-2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                        Was at the EC/ NU game last night. Was good seeing the guys. Talked with Coach Saul and Jackson after 1st period but had to leave mid way through 2nd as I had a wedding to o to. Was a little late!
                        I took some pics I'll post and some video from iPhone.

Karl Linden is a stud. He just makes plays. EC is quick, was great seeing them play.
                        Talked to a couple of the guys that didn't play. But after a while I felt like I was bothering them.
                        I'll post a couple pics when I can get them hosted.

Also NU has nice new unis!
                        Got any pics of NU's new unis?

Anyone other EC fans make the trip to Curry or Neumann.

Where is all the chatter this year guys...Where's RonT?
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

I went to the Curry game. Saw lots of alums: Jeremy Baker, Jeremy Tabb, Jim Dinneen, Bryan Musa, Chris Kavanaugh, Tim Ceglarski. They had an EC Alumni party after the game, which was late due to the game starting at 9:10 because of a bus breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
                            I went to the Curry game. Saw lots of alums: Jeremy Baker, Jeremy Tabb, Jim Dinneen, Bryan Musa, Chris Kavanaugh, Tim Ceglarski. They had an EC Alumni party after the game, which was late due to the game starting at 9:10 because of a bus breakdown.
                            Jeremy Baker. My first favorite Elmira player. #10 correct?
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Baker was #10. Forgot to add Vic Fidler to the list of alums I ran into. It was like turning back the clock 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
                                Baker was #10. Forgot to add Vic Fidler to the list of alums I ran into. It was like turning back the clock 15 years.
                                What number was Tabb? He sounds familiar too.

No Rich Reerie sightings?! or Mike Biesenthal.

Two more of my favorite players. Andrei Krivokrasov...
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X