Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quandary

Elmira plays both Fri & Sat, Neumann plays only Friday, Utica only Sat night.

Without anything meaningful for which to play [except pride], and Utica/Neumann jockeying for home ice, I wonder what kind of lineups we'll see this weekend.
    a) Best lines/pairings both nights to keep momentum going
    b) Play the best lines/pairings one night as a last chance tune-up, and punt the other
    c) Split them up between the two games
    d) Give them a weekend off and play the JV squad
    e) ???

Tough choice between keeping sharp and risking injury

Comment

• Re: Quandary

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post

Without anything meaningful for which to play [except pride], and Utica/Neumann jockeying for home ice, I wonder what kind of lineups we'll see this weekend.
      b) Play the best lines/pairings one night as a last chance tune-up, and punt the other
      e) ???

It's simple, you play with what got you to this point, keep the momentum going, those guys deserve it. We have to beat Neumann, it's the "Rubber Game" afterall We need to go beat Utica in the Aud. just like last year and show them that 3500 fans doesn't always give you a win
      Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
      Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
      Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

e) ???

I say whatever you have done the last 12 games you keep doing. If it aint broke, don’t fix it. There is something about this team that I just can’t put my finger on, but I like how they are playing. Something tells me they aren’t going to let up this weekend. If we continue to get good goaltending watch out.
        Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lukem2000 View Post
          I say whatever you have done the last 12 games you keep doing. If it aint broke, don’t fix it. There is something about this team that I just can’t put my finger on, but I like how they are playing. Something tells me they aren’t going to let up this weekend. If we continue to get good goaltending watch out.
          As everybody has been saying...

This team sounds an awful lot like the 2006 team. I thought we were destined to win after the way we beat Manhattanville in the quarterfinals.

However, Middlebury squashed our hopes and dreams in the semifinals at the First Arena, even after EC took a 1-0 lead. That was one of the toughest losses to take because I honestly felt Elmira would have walked away with the title the next day against SNC, much similiar to the way Midd did it. It was only 3-0. But, Middlebury dominated from start to finish.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by lukem2000 View Post
            There is something about this team that I just can’t put my finger on, but I like how they are playing.
            I believe you've struck gold. The secret to this team is that there is no secret. It's simply all-around solid play from all four lines, all three defensive pairings, and solid netminding. Whichever line the opponent keys upon, the other lines simply step up and get the job done. They're becoming scary good.

Comment

At the beginning of the season, Coach Saul was asked about bringing in so many forwards. His answer was that he had learned a lesson from Norwich last year and wanted 4 solid F lines. He learned, he reacted, it's paying off. (thanks Norwich)

Keep up the hard work Guys!

Comment

e) ???

I don't think it's a tough choice. You don't mess with good chemistry at this juncture. That being said, I am concerned about Neumann on Friday night. There's a history of chippy play late in the 3rd on the rubber match between these teams. I hope the guys can keep their composure and not get baited into a suspension, or injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thunder Dome View Post
                  I don't think it's a tough choice. You don't mess with good chemistry at this juncture. That being said, I am concerned about Neumann on Friday night. There's a history of chippy play late in the 3rd on the rubber match between these teams. I hope the guys can keep their composure and not get baited into a suspension, or injured.
                  I think Gagne should play in that game ;-). He knows how to "take care of business"

Comment

• Re: Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

Is anyone contemplating making the trip out west this year? A group of us flew out last year to watch the women play and had a pretty good time. It’s pretty convenient this year with the women and men playing on separate weekends. Anyway was just curious as a group of us were thinking of making the trip again. GO EC!!!
                    Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

Live stats show Bolin starting in net tonight...
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                        Live stats show Bolin starting in net tonight...
                        Senior night....
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Senior night....
                          Oh, yeah.
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Senior night....
                            Pool B race > Senior Night

....one would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
                              Pool B race > Senior Night

....one would think.
                              Well, so far only 2 goals on 6 shots...........
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Senior night....
                                Apparently, he's been "terrible". That's an adjective I've heard/used often with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X