Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

Anyone attend the coup de grille last night?

Interested to hear how the boys looked, especially the new guys.

Anyone?

Oswego laid a 17-0 shellacking on the GMJHL all-stars tonight...The Eagles are going to flying into a hornet's nest next weekend at the CC. Better be ready to fly or it could be a rout quickly.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

Just looking over there roster and wow they have alot of new players. I know 2 of there new recruits should be studs. I noticed wilcox isnt coming back? Also noticed that they got two transfers from Division 1 schools. Looks like they have a VERY deep roster! Should be interesting!

Comment

I have one question for the Elmira faithful. I drafted Matt Milne, the incoming freshman goaltender, in the USCHO Fantasy League. Any thoughts on him, or did I just light a draft pick on fire?
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        I have one question for the Elmira faithful. I drafted Matt Milne, the incoming freshman goaltender, in the USCHO Fantasy League. Any thoughts on him, or did I just light a draft pick on fire?
        Milne is listed on the roster.

Your 2010-2011 Elmira College Soaring Eagles
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

That's great, but is he more likely to see ice time or the side of a milk carton?

Thank you all the same...

God, that was fun...

Comment

any idea if there will be live streaming video for the game fri night????????

Comment

From what I have heard and seen Bolin isn't a #1 starting goaltender. McDonald saw limited action last season...Was in goal for the Morrisville loss...(Not his fault at all though)

He's definitely got as good of shot as anyone else for the job.

Elmira has 12 new faces on the roster this year after graduating only four.

Seven players that could have come back are not listed on the roster. Don't know if some didn't return or they just got bumped down to JV or what.

Eamon Lynch 2 games, 0 goals, 1 assist
              Andrew Wilcox 28 games, 10 goals, 5 assists
              Ryan Jarrell 19 games, 1 goal, 3 assists
              Jack Day 20 games, 1 goal, 0 assists
              Gene Falsetto 6 games, 0 goals, 0 assists
              Brice Crook 6 games, 0 goals, 1 assist
              Ryan Davidson 22 games, 0 goals, 5 assists

Wilcox is obviously the biggest surprise and loss.

Christian Morrisette played two years at RPI....1 goal in 8 games in his freshman year and it was a GWG...No games played sophomore year

Wes Consorti should be interesting...He played in 49 games in two years. 2 goals and 7 assists his freshman year in 32 games as well as 2 goals and 5 assists in his sophomore year in 17 games.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                any idea if there will be live streaming video for the game fri night????????
                The Friday game is in Oswego. The athletics webpage should have links to WTOP and WNYO's broadcasts.

The Saturday game is in Elmira and possibly could be on fasthockey. They videostreamed all the home games last year and can't imagine they wouldn't show them this year. You may have to pay for it though.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Wow. RPI lost a couple guys to D-III. Adrian got one as well. A little surprising to me that one team would lose two guys to D-III transfers.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Wow. RPI lost a couple guys to D-III. Adrian got one as well. A little surprising to me that one team would lose two guys to D-III transfers.
                    Completely different scenario but I believe they lost at least two guys to the pros as well. I know D'Amigo left and I'm pretty sure another guy did as well.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Also...

Jconnor, Jim32, boat4sale, Don, Elbo, RonT....Where are all the Elmira fans...Does anybody have any input from the Coup de Grille on Friday??!!
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Also...

Jconnor, Jim32, boat4sale, Don, Elbo, RonT....Where are all the Elmira fans...Does anybody have any input from the Coup de Grille on Friday??!!
                        I didn't attend, I was up in the Great White North throwing back some brown pops
                        I'll be at Oswego though. I have a huge concern over goalie this year, could be our downfall. Looks like we may have to depend on a Freshman again.
                        Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                        Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                        Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Also...

Translation - I can't believe you left an RIT fan off your list, yes I was there (for all of the events), and since my opinion means "bunk"... I'll keep it to myself.
                          Although "the boy" did a good job, according to him. Even got to sit in the good seats at the scorer's table!
                          Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 10-18-2010, 01:49 PM. Reason: Add Translation
                          Dave
                          RIT - '90

Comment

thnks prez, didnt think we would see this game fri night but ill listen for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post

Translation - I can't believe you left an RIT fan off your list, yes I was there (for all of the events), and since my opinion means "bunk"... I'll keep it to myself.
                              Although "the boy" did a good job, according to him. Even got to sit in the good seats at the scorer's table!
                              Who says your opinion means bunk??!!

We need some chatter about this team. I'm curious about the freshmen and transfers looked. Some of the freshmen had some pretty impressive stats and honors in Juniors.

I guess I'll just have to wait to get my fill on Friday since no one is going to utter a peep?
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X