Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston University 2010 Offseason I - The Year after the Year after effect

Go Whalers

Re: Boston University 2010 Offseason I - The Year after the Year after effect

Quote Originally Posted by new2bu View Post
    What suspensions? Are you talking about the BC players?
    I doubt thats what he was tlaking about. This reeks of academics or team rules violations. Fortunately, it's the summer so theres time for them to make good on it, work hard and prove they dont deserve the suspension, or get their grades up.
    time to write new history

Opposite Girl

Quote Originally Posted by 3hock View Post
    I'm at a loss. Were they jealous of the Beanpot Trot video that re-surfaced after 20 years or something? What on earth possesses these kids to do lame things like that? And to use a logo they have no right to use to boot? And put it up on YouTube?? Excuse me while I try to get my eyes back in place. They seem to have rolled back way more than usual.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    I'm at a loss. Were they jealous of the Beanpot Trot video that re-surfaced after 20 years or something? What on earth possesses these kids to do lame things like that? And to use a logo they have no right to use to boot? And put it up on YouTube?? Excuse me while I try to get my eyes back in place. They seem to have rolled back way more than usual.
    The logo thing is probably a moot point, it's not like anyone is trying to make money off of it, and just look at all the random logos in youtube videos. Also I doubt the youtube account is one of the players', just based on the other 9 videos. Still, incredibly dumb.

Holding court

Give 'em a break. The guys were bored after Parker took away their ping pong table!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Go Whalers

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Give 'em a break. The guys were bored after Parker took away their ping pong table!
    Anything you can do, we can do dumber...

Banned

They are getting suspended for this??!!!! Good Lord, what a joke.

The only thing they have done is replaced the "Beanpot Trot" as the most embarrassing college hockey item from YouTube. (Thanks Cory and Vinnie!)

Quote Originally Posted by slurpees View Post
    they were suspended and then they put the rap out.... dumber and dumber.... rap had nothing to do with getting suspended, sorry for the confusion....

to be fair, todd did promise trivino mad BU hotties back when he was 15
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Opposite Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Agganis View Post
    The logo thing is probably a moot point, it's not like anyone is trying to make money off of it, and just look at all the random logos in youtube videos. Also I doubt the youtube account is one of the players', just based on the other 9 videos. Still, incredibly dumb.
    I wouldn't be surprised if misuse of the logo is the actual reason for the suspension. You can't use it with out the athletic department's consent and not only did they do that, but they didn't really represent the university while doing that. I mean, really. If you're going to go to all that effort to produce a parody song, go the extra mile and create your own video, or visual, to match it. They totally half assed it. Not motivated to even do this correctly. Of course, I'm sure that lack of motivation is Coach's fault, too, right collegefan06?

Go Whalers

they were suspended and then they put the rap out.... dumber and dumber.... rap had nothing to do with getting suspended, sorry for the confusion....
    oh, well, then that cant help their suspension much at all.

I doubt they put it on youtube and I doubt they are the ones who made the video. They probably just recorded it and sent it to friends, who thought it was funny and passed it on to others and eventually someone made a "video" and put it on youtube. Someone could have sent the audio file to barstool and they could have made the video and hosted it on youtube. I don't think anything can be read into use of the BU logo.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing them suspended for the fall semester or longer, especially if they were already suspended for something. The lyrics they created, which are significantly more profane and offensive than the original song, are awful. These guys need to learn a lesson about maturity and representing the university. It'll set the tone for everyone else, too.

maybe they were inspired by the new LipDub which I have not watched, but apparently even students think it isn't cool for the school to semi-officially endorse drinking via the video as a way of relieving tension during finals.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by slurpees View Post
    hahahahahahaha, we'll see about that, basketball season is just around the........... oh, he's not the coach anymore

Blackhawks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher7 View Post
    They are getting suspended for this??!!!! Good Lord, what a joke.

The only thing they have done is replaced the "Beanpot Trot" as the most embarrassing college hockey item from YouTube. (Thanks Cory and Vinnie!)
    Nice try, but no. The Beanpot Trot is MUCH more embarrassing than this attempt at.... humor? street cred? fame? A music career?

Not my genre of music, so I don't know the original song. What is it?

BU Hockey: Judge Me
    It Happened!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Nice try, but no. The Beanpot Trot is MUCH more embarrassing than this attempt at.... humor? street cred? fame? A music career?

Not my genre of music, so I don't know the original song. What is it?

BU Hockey: Judge Me
    The Beanpot Trot is lame because it is dated and is on video (among other things). This is equally lame because you have rich snotty white kids trying to rap. The only thing that would have made this better is if it was on video.

BU Hockey: The Jersey Shore of Hockey East

Veteran

The Beanpot Trot is lame because it is dated and is on video (among other things). This is equally lame because you have rich snotty white kids trying to rap. The only thing that would have made this better is if it was on video.

It's an opinion so to try to argue which is worse will really go nowhere, but I do think that BC's coming out right before the Beanpot and was portrayed as predicting victory adds a dimension this stupidity doesn't have. Also the "dancing"

Slasher7: The regurgitator of barstoolsports comments on USCHO

I like hockey.

I'm just disappointed there's no video. That alone drops it to a 5 on an awesomeness scale of 1 to Flying Polar Bears.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

my cats breath smells like cat food yankeefn01's Avatar

while being suspended, they'll have a lot of free time to follow up with a video
    Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
    when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
    "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

I like hockey.

I know this belongs in the alumni thread, but no one reads that. And plus, it's the offseason. Anyway, the Pens called up Curry. In a related story, the Canucks called up his old rival Cory Schneider.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Thread Information