This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University 2010 Offseason I - The Year after the Year after effect

Here we go. Bonino is already gone, Shattenkirk will be signing within weeks or days apparently, and Colby is being as indecisive as he would be with opposing forwards coming at him in an odd-man rush.

What are we looking forward to most next year? How much of a jump in production are we going to need from some underacheiving guys to have a prayer with a lot of young talent?

And who gets the C's and A's?
    Last edited by candycanes99; 04-02-2010, 01:56 PM.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Re: Boston University 2010 Offseason I - The Year after the Year after effect

I like this thread title.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Yet your last question hasn't been answer yet, honey.
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Agreed on thread title. FL needs to delete his.

To answer the "closing thread question"

I heard it closes at 30 minutes after the hour after it hits 1000 posts. Could be BS, but sure enough that's what happened to the BU Season thread.

I have no answers for BU Hockey in 2010-2011.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Other thread with much more boring title has been deleted.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/local_guide/...semi-finalists

hey, to get us back on the winners side.... everyone, please go clicky above and vote for my niece Chelsea. Chelsea is a SU grad (09) and was an actual live cheerleader for the orangemen, er orangepersons.

votes are appreciated and mookie never forgets a favor owed.

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            To answer the "closing thread question"

I heard it closes at 30 minutes after the hour after it hits 1000 posts. Could be BS, but sure enough that's what happened to the BU Season thread..
            that's the fact, jack.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              I heard it closes at 30 minutes after the hour after it hits 1000 posts. Could be BS, but sure enough that's what happened to the BU Season thread.
              Actually, I got the final post in at 2:31. I must have beaten the system! Thanks for the answer.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

hey, to get us back on the winners side.... everyone, please go clicky above and vote for my niece Chelsea. Chelsea is a SU grad (09) and was an actual live cheerleader for the orangemen, er orangepersons.

votes are appreciated and mookie never forgets a favor owed.
              Hmm, it won't let me vote at work (stupid work computer). I'll try to remember when I get home.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Boo Fruit University!
                time to write new history

Comment

So Parker is clamping down on the team and carping about attitude. This team was a semester late getting out of the gate.
                  I hope Parker is asking himself why he and his coaches were too busy to show up at Captain's practices as they have in past years? Were they still drunk from the players success the previous season while the returning players only had a national championship hangover? That young team needed commitment and leadership from the coaches from the day they stepped on campus last August but it didn't arrive until January......oh, but its the players fault they followed their coach and ditched commitment to success.
                  This team got off on the wrong foot day one. Parker can blame the captains and upper class men all he wants but if he looks honestly at the last season he will admit (as he partially did giving himself an F in the midseason grades) he set the tone of no plan, no focus, no sharpness and ultimately no accountability that infected everyone associated with that Terrier team. These 21 year olds watched their veteran coach's preoccupation with his own affairs and took his cue beautifully. Others may disagree but that is how I see it.
                  Let the negative reps begin!

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                    So Parker is clamping down on the team and carping about attitude. This team was a semester late getting out of the gate.
                    I hope Parker is asking himself why he and his coaches were too busy to show up at Captain's practices as they have in past years? Were they still drunk from the players success the previous season while the returning players only had a national championship hangover? That young team needed commitment and leadership from the coaches from the day they stepped on campus last August but it didn't arrive until January......oh, but its the players fault they followed their coach and ditched commitment to success.
                    This team got off on the wrong foot day one. Parker can blame the captains and upper class men all he wants but if he looks honestly at the last season he will admit (as he partially did giving himself an F in the midseason grades) he set the tone of no plan, no focus, no sharpness and ultimately no accountability that infected everyone associated with that Terrier team. These 21 year olds watched their veteran coach's preoccupation with his own affairs and took his cue beautifully. Others may disagree but that is how I see it.
                    Let the negative reps begin!

Comment

cf06, you know why they are called Captain's practices right? If the coach was there it'd just be called practice. And we don't exactly want to end up in a RichRod situation now, do we?

ETA: FL and BUH, really liked the 4/1 edition of the Freep, IMO it was better than last year's (except for the ever important, references to me category) I especially liked Alex Greer's shout out and the Chambers scapegoat line. In retrospect this might have been better as an FB message, but oh well.
                      Last edited by Agganis; 04-02-2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                        Parker is...drunk from...captains...F...that Terrier team.
                        Chopped up your post a bit for accuracy.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                          Chopped up your post a bit for accuracy.
                          Okay, that was pretty funny.
                          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            cf06, you know why they are called Captain's practices right? If the coach was there it'd just be called practice. And we don't exactly want to end up in a RichRod situation now, do we?

ETA: FL and BUH, really liked the 4/1 edition of the Freep, IMO it was better than last year's (except for the ever important, references to me category) I especially liked Alex Greer's shout out and the Chambers scapegoat line. In retrospect this might have been better as an FB message, but oh well.
                            Is this still available on the website?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                              Is this still available on the website?
                              No, and I actually haven't seen the hard copy yet myself, which is a real shame. Glad somebody liked the basketball piece, though. Have to give credit to FL for that idea.
                              Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X