• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    games with an * weren't considered
    Asterisk? What did Michigan do wrong?

Comment

• Re: Greatest Moments in Frozen Four History

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Sounds like the NCAA just picked the top moments from championship games in the 21st Century, and tossed in one semifinal game for reasons.
      Probably to see how many feelings they could catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Probably to see how many feelings they could catch.
        You'd be better off having Melrose pick them

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Asterisk? What did Michigan do wrong?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            I'm working on an article about the top 10 moments in FF history. Seeing as I don't know nearly as much about past FF's as a lot of people on here, I decided to see what you guys and gals think are the top moments. There have been a lot of OT games, so some of those will obviously be in there, but do any stick out more than others? Any spectacular plays? Great storylines? Shocking moments? Feel free to list as many as you want. Thanks in advance.
            It wasn't in The Frozen Four but this should still get an honorable mention...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6pOfajeQM
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

29-0
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

One memorable Frozen Four (well, it wasn’t called the FF back then!) was back in 1985 when both semi-final games went to triple OT.
                Providence beat BC on Thursday night and RPI beat Minnesota Duluth on Friday. Talk about free hockey!
                Of course, OT periods were 10 minutes at that time and they didn’t resurface until after the 2nd OT. Can you imagine if both games were played on the same night?

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  It wasn't in The Frozen Four but this should still get an honorable mention...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6pOfajeQM
                  Why, because the ref didn't do his job, and blow his whistle for carrying the puck?
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    Why, because the ref didn't do his job, and blow his whistle for carrying the puck?
                    Legg's hand/glove never touched the puck.
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      I don't know the rule book as thoroughly as I used to, but where does (or did) the rulebook say what Legg did was against the rules? He definitely moved the puck towards the net and didn't do it with anything other than his stick. I would think if that were clearly against the rules, it would have been easy enough to point out the specific violation.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        I don't know the rule book as thoroughly as I used to, but where does (or did) the rulebook say what Legg did was against the rules? He definitely moved the puck towards the net and didn't do it with anything other than his stick. I would think if that were clearly against the rules, it would have been easy enough to point out the specific violation.
                        This is the first time I've ever heard that the play was a violation of any kind. I said when it happened, I would've challenged the stick. It's probably legal, but would have been worth it for the opposing coach to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                          This is the first time I've ever heard that the play was a violation of any kind. I said when it happened, I would've challenged the stick. It's probably legal, but would have been worth it for the opposing coach to ask.
                          Happy is just mad because Legg did it to his team....

Comment

Originally posted by broomball52 View Post
                            Northern Michigan over Boston University 7-6 in 3OT at the old St. Paul Civic Center.

That was my 1st Frozen Four. Missing a few, this year will my 17th.

After reading these posts, there have been so many great finals and semi-finals in the past 20 years.
                            This one had to be there. Our only Championship, but it was one heck of a game.
                            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                              Best ever!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by devildog View Post
                                Nobody ever thanks us for knocking LSSU out in the QF.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X