Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich's Kyle Thomas

Originally posted by neshl05 View Post
    Dude, Thomas is not even half the player Aucoin was in college. Not even close... Aucoin scored more goals and made everybody better... Thomas is a one trick pony.. He can snipe, but at the next level nah... Not so much... You guys really need to calm down.. Just let him be his own player... Aucoin scored more then 200 points...
    Couldn't agree more! One of the main reasons the Cadets were as successful as they were it was a unified team no primadonna's and we don't want any! Kyle will be a solid player. FYI I did not see him named an All American like someone else I know in his freshman year Kurtis McLean.

Comment

Originally posted by neshl05 View Post
      Dude, Thomas is not even half the player Aucoin was in college. Not even close... Aucoin scored more goals and made everybody better... Thomas is a one trick pony.. He can snipe, but at the next level nah... Not so much... You guys really need to calm down.. Just let him be his own player... Aucoin scored more then 200 points...
      I dont know if I would call him a one trick pony. Thomas has a nice offensive skill set from what I saw in the quarterfinal. I'm not going to compare him to Aucoin because I never saw Aucoin play in college, but I definitely was more impressed with Thomas than I ever was with Cleaver or Kashirsky.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

The kid didn't ask for any accolades or comparisons. So why are some of you saying he's not as good as blank. One trick pony. etc. Gotta give it a rest. Congratulations Kyle Thomas, your team is the National Champion.

Comment

Aucoin had 33 (19g, 14a) points his freshman year, Thomas had 32 (23g, 9a) this year. Let's just say he's off to a great start to his career in Northfield, Vermont. Most talented player I saw all year.

Comment

I just came across this thread while googling Thomas. I saw him play in the Chowder Cup yesterday. On a team that included Charlie Coyle (a first-round NHL pick) and Matt Nieto (projected to be a first-round pick next year), Thomas was consistently one of the top players on the ice. He stood out every bit as much as those other two. I know it was only one game, but after reading this thread, I feel safe in saying it wasn't a fluke. He also had a hat trick Friday night and was the team's leading scorer for the tournament.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Not bad for an ex- Mass Maple Leafs player.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              I dont know if I would call him a one trick pony. Thomas has a nice offensive skill set from what I saw in the quarterfinal. I'm not going to compare him to Aucoin because I never saw Aucoin play in college, but I definitely was more impressed with Thomas than I ever was with Cleaver or Kashirsky.

Comment

Yet you have more than 2,000 posts on here. That's weird?

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                I just came across this thread while googling Thomas. I saw him play in the Chowder Cup yesterday. On a team that included Charlie Coyle (a first-round NHL pick) and Matt Nieto (projected to be a first-round pick next year), Thomas was consistently one of the top players on the ice. He stood out every bit as much as those other two. I know it was only one game, but after reading this thread, I feel safe in saying it wasn't a fluke. He also had a hat trick Friday night and was the team's leading scorer for the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
                  Yet you have more than 2,000 posts on here. That's weird?
                  Probably the vast majority of those posts were for D1.
                  Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    I am not sure how many games you have seen Thomas, Cleaver, and Kashirsky play but they are/were all outstanding players for Norwich, each with a different skill set. Kyle Thomas is an outstanding player who I hope will develope into a Neil Musslewhite type player who I personally thought was very impressive for Oswego.

Talking of Norwich players Scott and Steven Schroeder are a couple of outstanding offensive and defensive players (great overall game). Pier-Oliver Cotnoir also had a ton of key goals including the GWG against St. Norbert and the goal to tie Elmira in the last few seconds.
                    Last edited by hawk; 07-27-2010, 02:33 PM.
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

have not seen Thomas play, but tucker Mullin at St.A's was the best rookie I've seen in a long time.looking forward to this years matchup,St.A's /Norwich to compare

Comment

Ckeck out the box score and see who assisted on the game winning goal for the d3 championship..... Video showed Kyle sprinting to the puck behind the net, giving a look out front and finding Pier-Oliver Cotnoir for the game winning goal... How good will he be? Time will tell but he's already left his mark on the program.
                        dsc

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post

Pier-Oliver Cotnoir also had a ton of key goals including the GWG against St. Norbert and the goal to tie Elmira in the last few seconds.
                          No, he did not.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                            No, he did not.
                            Cotnoir had the OT GWGs in both the Elmira and SNC games, but Steve Schroeder had the game-tying goal vs. EC.
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                              Cotnoir had the OT GWGs in both the Elmira and SNC games, but Steve Schroeder had the game-tying goal vs. EC.
                              Cotnoir also had the tie breaker against Plattsburgh - not the game winner, but the last lead goal. He had a heck of a run during the NCAAs to say the least.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                                No, he did not.
                                I stand corrected on Pier-Oliver Cotnoir goal to tie against Elmira. He certainly has a way of scoring key goals late in games. The Kyle Thomas assist on the GWG against St. Norbert was an outstanding play.
                                2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                                2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Working...
                                X