Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

You can tell me that you don't hate whomever is writing these things, but I won't believe you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_GROSIaNhY

I'm saying it here: worse than Flo.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      You can tell me that you don't hate whomever is writing these things, but I won't believe you.

Yes, the commercials are annoying, but I prefer to look at Red over Flo any day of the week.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

To make it a trifecta, let's add the KFC commercials. You know the one where the person is holding some sort of camera to film them talking about the food, and it ends with some techno-ish music to remind you how bad-*** this piece of fried chicken is.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          To make it a trifecta, let's add the KFC commercials. You know the one where the person is holding some sort of camera to film them talking about the food, and it ends with some techno-ish music to remind you how bad-*** this piece of fried chicken is.
          The faux-foodie-bloggers?
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The faux-foodie-bloggers?
            Yeah, those dildoes.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Though the worst is the Tillamook commercials they just started out here.

KDR

Comment

Not really annoying, but I find the Dunkin' Donuts commercial about the new chicken sausage breakfast sandwich, with the two sausages sticking together by the casing, to be very unappealing.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I watch Cooking Channel every morning, and every half-hour or so, they play this commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxZKtqOgBFI

After watching this commercial, not only do I want to throw a brick through the TV, I want to smash everyone involved in the making of the commercial with a shovel, or a sledgehammer, or the heaviest thing I can lift.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Also, the ads for Christian Mingle. As if God has a preferred dating service.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

There's an ad for a COPD medicine that has an elephant walking around behind people. If you look closely, you'll see that the shadows cast by the people walking are at a different angle than the shadow cast by the elephant.

Actually, that doesn't bother me too much.

The latest ad for Chanel # 5 does, though. It features a distressed-looking Giselle Bundchen scurrying around until she finds a man waiting for her at the opera house, and it's not Tom Brady. Kind of spoils the mystique they are trying to build. I like it better when I know nothing at all about a model's (or actor's) personal life.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        Also, the ads for Christian Mingle. As if God has a preferred dating service.
                        It's probably J-Date, anyway. Because, well, you know....

The Saver's Halloween radio commercial: Bell bell bell we've got COSTUMES!!!!

I want to hammerpunch anyone who was involved in that.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The new Sprint commercials. Just terrible.

"Hey, let's take random internet videos and combine them with a song that was popular for twenty seven minutes in 2010."
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Reminder: If you don't buy your significant other a $75,000 car (and wrap it in a giant red bow!) that means you don't really love them.

Comment

New, improved Band aids make "great stocking stuffers."
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                New, improved Band aids make "great stocking stuffers."
                                "My grandfather gave me a box of band aids and my brother a bag of broken glass and told us, 'You two share.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X