Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Don't reenact scenes from Platoon with Charlie Sheen.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Don't sell your hair to a wig shop.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I don't like the one where the guy goes to jail, gets out and then blows the house up. Other than that, those commercials are pretty funny.

Comment

The GEICO commercial with the possum made me laugh out loud. I hate all their other commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            The GEICO commercial with the possum made me laugh out loud. I hate all their other commercials.
            On the other hand, will somebody please assure me the people in the Geico "taste test" spots aren't really that stupid.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              On the other hand, will somebody please assure me the people in the Geico "taste test" spots aren't really that stupid.
              God those are the worst. My wife and I both throw items at the TV at first sight!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                Whoever came up with that idea should be sacked immediately.

Comment

Anyone want to guess on how much Ozzie is getting in royalties for that Honda commercial??
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Anyone want to guess on how much Ozzie is getting in royalties for that Honda commercial??
                    A lot

Comment

The Five Hour Energy spots are in very heavy rotation on cable channels. They feature a hair dresser posing in a duster coat, Stetson and a sheriff's badge, doing his best imitation of the guy in the Wolf brand chili spots.* In the first place, anyone running around dressed like that clown had better be heading to the Mr. Gay Bismarck pagent. And what's the connection between the idiot in the costume and the product supposed to be anyway? Bad spots. Badly done. Not selling any product I'd guess.

*I realize now most of you haven't seen these spots. They've been a staple in Texas for years. Guy with a very deep Texas-type voice says something like: "How long has it been since you've had a big steaming bowl of Wolf brand chili? Well, that's too long." You never see him, but you just know he's a real cowboy. Unlike the harmonica player from New Jersey in the 5 hour energy spots.

Comment

The Pearle Vision spot where the woman jumps in the back of the police car thinking it's a cab isn't annoying to me, but it did happen to me.

Back in the 70's our patrol cars in Toronto were yellow (don't ask!). One summer day I'm parked outside the Eaton Centre mall in the downtown core when two black ladies from Detroit jumped in the back and ask to be taken to Union Station. I turned around and in my best cop voice said, "Sorry, but I only go to the police station", which freaked them out.

After they realized where they were and that they couldn't open the back doors, I started laughing and wound up driving them to a couple of places in the area before dropping them off at the train station, leaving them with smiles on their faces.
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                          The Pearle Vision spot where the woman jumps in the back of the police car thinking it's a cab isn't annoying to me, but it did happen to me.

Back in the 70's our patrol cars in Toronto were yellow (don't ask!). One summer day I'm parked outside the Eaton Centre mall in the downtown core when two black ladies from Detroit jumped in the back and ask to be taken to Union Station. I turned around and in my best cop voice said, "Sorry, but I only go to the police station", which freaked them out.

After they realized where they were and that they couldn't open the back doors, I started laughing and wound up driving them to a couple of places in the area before dropping them off at the train station, leaving them with smiles on their faces.
                          Nicely done. What's that old joke about freaking out a cabbie? Hop into the back seat, in an obvious hurry, and with great urgency say: "where to."

Comment

The K9 Advantix II commercial with the Pooch Protest. I've never seen an animal ask for their medicine...
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                              The Verizon Wireless one with the two women (mother/daughter?) bawling that they'll miss each other. I set a new record for hitting the mute button every time it comes on.
                              this was easily one of the most annoying commercials of all time. I also had to mute the stupid honda commercial with the crazy train song.

Its been a lifelong dream of mine to punch people who make these types of advertisements.
                              "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

This is not a huge deal to normal people, but it really chaps my a*s. In the Rosetta Stone commercials both the testimonials and the voice over refer to: "rosetta STONE," with the accent on Stone. The accent, of course, should be on Rosetta. It's like we're talking about the Stone sisters, Rosetta and Edna.

Comment

Working...
                                X