Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Snuggie with the Macarena jingle. I'd rather stab myself in the ears with a pair of scissors than listen to that again.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      "Let's all jog over to Namby Pamby Land and see if we can't find you some self-respect. Tissue? Cry Baby."
      Call me crazy but I still think that commercial is hilarious
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        You say this, so you're cool. Then I read your posts in the movie thread, and you're a moron. I'm so confused.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          You're not crazy, it IS hilarious. And I love the part where Ermy asks "You know what makes me sad?" Then downshifts his voice to that DI sound and says "You do."
          Last edited by Old Pio; 09-15-2010, 03:55 AM.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            You say this, so you're cool. Then I read your posts in the movie thread, and you're a moron. I'm so confused.
            I just don't think she's that hot.

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            You're not crazy, it IS hilarious. And I love the part where Ermy asks "You know what makes me sad?" Then downshifts his voice to that DI sound and says "You do."
            R. Lee Ermy should have a statue erected in his honor. He is the epitome of awesome.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Burger King for breakfast.
              sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
              streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
              TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Consumerist's First Annual Worst Ad In America Awards

vote here:

http://consumerist.com/2010/09/vote-...rica-2010.html

I might disagree with their limited list in each category, but I did get to vote on a couple of the MOST annoying ones.
                Maine coach Red Gendron said:
                “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRAHa_Po0Kg?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRAHa_Po0Kg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Not sure if it's the chick's voice or the song itself that makes me want to gouge my ears out.
                  Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Did the little piggy cry "Wee Wee Wee" all the way home?
                    Would a jury of my peers understand if I shot you through the head?

Comment

The results are in !! link below is a spoiler I guess

http://consumerist.com/2010/09/wow-t...n-america.html

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
                      Consumerist's First Annual Worst Ad In America Awards

vote here:

http://consumerist.com/2010/09/vote-...rica-2010.html

I might disagree with their limited list in each category, but I did get to vote on a couple of the MOST annoying ones.
                      Maine coach Red Gendron said:
                      “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

The anti-soda tax ads. A small tax isn't going to stop you from buying pop and other sugar-added drinks, something you and your kids shouldn't even be consuming in vast quantities in the first place. If you're really "trying to make ends meet", shouldn't you be spending your money on healthier items? As my dad has pointed out on many occasions, when he was growing up in the 60s, pop was a treat that he and his brother had to beg my grandparents for (and they rarely got it).

And of course, any and all other political ads at this time of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          The anti-soda tax ads. A small tax isn't going to stop you from buying pop and other sugar-added drinks, something you and your kids shouldn't even be consuming in vast quantities in the first place. If you're really "trying to make ends meet", shouldn't you be spending your money on healthier items? As my dad has pointed out on many occasions, when he was growing up in the 60s, pop was a treat that he and his brother had to beg my grandparents for (and they rarely got it).

And of course, any and all other political ads at this time of the season.
                          Hell...even when I was in elementary school in the late 80's, I had to steal a dollar from my mom's purse, give it to a senior that road the bus, he'd buy one for me after school, and I'd drink it on the bus before I got home. My mom would have been ****ed, now she lets my 10 year old brother drink whatever he wants.
                          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
                            The results are in !! link below is a spoiler I guess

http://consumerist.com/2010/09/wow-t...n-america.html
                            Hmm...

Interesting results.

Too bad they didn't wait a bit. The BK hippie needs to be executed... using that g-d flute.

I'm in agreement about the Progressive commercials. I know, when I'm a budding actor like the woman who portrays "Flo," I want to go on TV and adopt an annoying personality and look like a skanky tranny... no wait... no I don't.

And the Toyota ANYTHING commercials with those stupid families. Wow, you've bought X many Toyotas in your life. Good for you. Who cares. Go to the facebook page? The Youtube channel? Why? Because I enjoy watching not funny time wasters that don't prove anything other than you can put way too much garbage on the internet and mislabel it as "content?"
                            Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
                              ******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRAHa_Po0Kg?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRAHa_Po0Kg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Not sure if it's the chick's voice or the song itself that makes me want to gouge my ears out.
                              Yeah, I'm pretty sure Dean Martin's waiting on that chick in whichever corner of hell he's in.

I think the participants in the Chrysler minivan commercial with the racing kids are all headed for a fiery afterlife as well.
                              Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Also, from listening to Braves baseball all summer.

"Looky looky looky here comes Cookie Cook's pest control' 30 times a broadcast.

I want to find that guy and remove his fingernails with a toothpick.
                                Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X