• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

George Hamilton as the KFC Colonel??

EGADS!!!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Haven't upgraded Spotify yet, so I'm hearing "Trojan Presents: Less Is More At The Pharmacy" every couple songs. Do they have any other ads they can play?
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Haven't upgraded Spotify yet, so I'm hearing "Trojan Presents: Less Is More At The Pharmacy" every couple songs. Do they have any other ads they can play?
        The ads are based upon what music you're playing. Spotify thinks you're a college junior.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Would the < bleep > meteor finally take out the Tiguan couple without a juicer, please?
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            McDonald's ads for the premium filet-o-fish. Can't get that song out of my head...
            I know this is a old post, but how premium can a carp/white fish be from McDonald's?

Comment

You don’t get worms like Mar-a-Lago?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I have been listening to a lot of baseball on the radio.

1-877 kars for kids
                k-a-r-s kars for kids
                1-877 kars for kids
                donate your car today

edit: how funny that I found a post in this thread, about this same commercial - from 2011.
                Last edited by jen; 05-23-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                  I have been listening to a lot of baseball on the radio.

1-877 kars for kids
                  k-a-r-s kars for kids
                  1-877 kars for kids
                  donate your car today

edit: how funny that I found a post in this thread, about this same commercial - from 2011.
                  They have two versions of that commercial, one sang by some kid and the other sang by an adult. Both annoy me.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Jon Oliver covered them a few years ago.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Is Trivago on every other minute in the US? As cute as the model is enough already.

Comment

Please tell me this is real: https://twitter.com/rysimmons/status...83018825277440

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          My guesses were:

1. A stupid car

2. An evil energy company

3. An even more evil financial services company

So, no, I was not in the ballpark.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Colo-Guard commercials would be more memorable if the box was sutured to someone's *** human-centipede-style.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Lol omg
                              Code:

Comment

I hate Coors Light, but I have to admit I kind of like their new commercials, “The official beer of...”

Drinking on Saturday morning
                                Drinking beer in the shower
                                Being done wearing a bra.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X