This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

Hill Murray schedule pretty challenging from the get go.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/schedule....0&schoolid=214

Other good games to watch coming up? Post 'em if you know 'em please.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

The Lumberjacks (the CEC version, not Bemidji) debut on Saturday afternoon against Forest Lake.. with a new head coach, thus a new scheme and untested varsity goaltending after Johanna Ellison, then Sarah Gustafson and Nicole Lund sharing the duties the last few years. Not sure what to expect, but from what I heard of the jamboree the offense should be improved over the old 'system.'

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

UMD Women's Hockey Fans Page

Comment

Cloquet beat Forest Lake 2-1 on Saturday.. really fun seeing 3 lines forecheck rather than dump and change we saw for 10 years.. no more 'free outs' for teams leaving their zone

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

Comment

http://www.minnesota-scores.net/scor...=-1&calweek=-1

http://www.minnesota-scores.net/scor...=-1&calweek=-1

Some recent scores for the metro area. You can check scores from outside the metro via the drop down menu.
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Don't know if this has been posted here yet but this new (to me anyway) website is the best for girls' hockey sites this year. It's run by the MGCHA but is way better than their site last year. It's even better than the mnsportsonline.com which was pretty good last year.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/

It features live stat updates for selected games, and even had the Minnetonka-HM game on streaming video Friday night. It sounds like there will be more on live video as the season goes on. It appears to be the website HS Girls' fans have been waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by capitalist View Post
              Don't know if this has been posted here yet but this new (to me anyway) website is the best for girls' hockey sites this year. It's run by the MGCHA but is way better than their site last year. It's even better than the mnsportsonline.com which was pretty good last year.

It features live stat updates for selected games, and even had the Minnetonka-HM game on streaming video Friday night. It sounds like there will be more on live video as the season goes on. It appears to be the website HS Girls' fans have been waiting for.
              Really like the look and potential of this site. I hope this proves to be the site high school hockey fans in Minnesota have been waiting for...the one that gets full cooperation from and participation in by all coaches and teams sports info reps so info is current and accurate for all teams / players. Streaming video of select games is a fantastic development.
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Went and shot Duluth (Northern Stars) game vs Eveleth Gilbert .. their 3rd straight win but they haven't had a real test yet.. with St. Francis, Silver Bay, and now Eveleth. Everyone was talking about their trip to Stillwater on Thursday as an actual measuring stick.

Cloquet girls go to Eden Prairie on Friday.. might be at that game myself, have to be in Minneapolis early Saturday morning for a football state tourney game the 'Dome so going to stay down Friday night, though it means missing a UMD/OSU game.

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                  Really like the look and potential of this site. I hope this proves to be the site high school hockey fans in Minnesota have been waiting for...the one that gets full cooperation from and participation in by all coaches and teams sports info reps so info is current and accurate for all teams / players.
                  That's the key. A site can have the best software, but if they don't use it, so data is missing ...
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by dhmn View Post
                    Went and shot Duluth (Northern Stars) game vs Eveleth Gilbert .. their 3rd straight win but they haven't had a real test yet.. with St. Francis, Silver Bay, and now Eveleth. Everyone was talking about their trip to Stillwater on Thursday as an actual measuring stick.

Cloquet girls go to Eden Prairie on Friday.. might be at that game myself, have to be in Minneapolis early Saturday morning for a football state tourney game the 'Dome so going to stay down Friday night, though it means missing a UMD/OSU game.
                    CEC girls will get 2 tests this weekend with a friday night game against Eden Prairie and a saturday game against the Stillwater Ponies. CEC is running 6 defense for the most part and that will be hard to do against these teams and stay in the game. it will be a good measuring stick for this team.

Comment

This is one of the most exciting weekends of the season as every team gets going.
                      Some good matchups this week:

Thursday Nov. 18:
                      Rosemount at Centennial (two high-scoring D1 recruits on R with little help
                      as opposed to very deep and defensive-minded C)
                      Holy Family at St. Paul United (Drake Arena)--two up and coming privates; new school HF is aiming to become big-time in all sports, will be a force soon.
                      Buffalo at BSM (this one features a standout sophomore class from Buffalo vs. an
                      outstanding bunch of freshmen from BSM)
                      Shakopee at Hopkins (Shakopee headed up, Hopkins down?)

Friday/Saturday:
                      The North/City matchups have White Bear and defending AA champ Roseville traveling to Hibbing and Grand Rapids. It's RV/Hibbing and WB/GRG on Friday and then RV/GRG and WB/Hibbing on Saturday.
                      Likewise Minnetonka and Prior Lake visit defending A champ Warroad and Roseau for two games each.
                      Duluth comes to Stillwater on Thursday, while Cloquet plays EP Friday and Stillwater
                      on Saturday. PHM plays at Forest Lake Thursday and at EP on Saturday.

Up north you have Crookston and EGF visiting Brainerd on Friday and Saturday.
                      TRF plays at Bemidji on Friday night. If you've ever had the pleasure of watching
                      the Prowlers you see some of the best fans in the state.

Big sister/little sister special: Anoka at Andover 3:00pm on Saturday.

Shakopee visits CDH at Highland on Saturday--these are two good young teams and should be a good one.

To cap it off, HM visits Edina at 3:00 on Saturday. Should give an early idea of what's what east and west. Both were shaky in their first games against very good teams but the first-game jitters should be over with and they should be up for this one.

If none of these games whets your appetite then check mngirlshockeyhub and you'll find something in your neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        That's the key. A site can have the best software, but if they don't use it, so data is missing ...
                        From what I understand, the coach's association got some money for a more or less full time administrator for this site, and part of his job is to bug the crap out of each program to get their data in in a timely manner. I believe all rosters are up now. It's only the first week but it's been spectacular so far. Updates after each period for certain games, live stat feeds and like I mentioned, live streaming vid of selected games. Keep your fingers crossed. Let them know how much you appreciate it if you indeed enjoy it.

Comment

Minnetonka backing up their #1AA ranking with a strong start...including wins over three highly ranked opponents.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/page...ams-2010-2011-

GO PONIES!
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by capitalist View Post

My experience with this site so far is POOR. I think they need a larger server as currently all I get are

e x t r e m e l y S L O W

page loads.

Meanwhile the Minnesota Sports Online site is about the same as last year, also not fast, but reliably there and much faster than hockeyhub.
                            Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                              My experience with this site so far is POOR. I think they need a larger server as currently all I get are

page loads.

Meanwhile the Minnesota Sports Online site is about the same as last year, also not fast, but reliably there and much faster than hockeyhub.
                              Agreed, it's been especially and painfully slow over the past couple of days. The start of the boys high school season is imminent and I'm guessing they are starting to draw a lot more hits. I vote for the girls getting their own server!
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post

page loads.

Had been working fine for me...until today. Can't get page to load at all now.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X