X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
    Breck and Warroad are two teams that can compete in 2A (Warroad is the #1 ranked team of all teams 1A and 2A) and are without question the best of the Class 1A teams.
    We shall see - that's why they play the game, as they say!

I do think that Breck is the better skating team. They also play very smart and can pass the puck as well as anyone. Warroad has the edge when it comes to size, strength and sniping ability. Should be a very interesting matchup of contrasting styles.

Warroad better not come out sluggish like they did against Alexandria yesterday - if they do they could find themselves in a hole.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

AA
      Roseville 4
      Edina 0

A
      Warroad 3
      Breck 1

Congratulations to the state champions.
      Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

I hear congratulations are in order for Miss Kallie Billadeau and Miss Bethany Brausen. Congratulations to both. Fine picks for senior Goalie of the Year and Ms. Hockey, among a field of exceptional nominees.

The tradition continues.

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/2010mshockey.html

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/2010seniorgoalie.html
        Last edited by brookyone; 03-01-2010, 06:28 AM.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

St. Paul Pioneer Press All State:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...0?source=email
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Some more post season honors, starting with the Strib.

Star Tribune All Metro Team
            BETHANY BRAUSEN - Player of the Year

KALLIE BILLADEAU
            Hopkins, goalie, senior
            Billadeau, a first-team selection last season, got even stingier. She allowed two fewer goals (34) than last season and improved her save percentage almost 20 points (.954). Opponents scored more than one goal on Billadeau, a Syracuse recruit, in only eight of her 26 starts.

GINA MCDONALD
            Irondale, forward, senior
            A key cog in Irondale's past two state tournament teams, tallying a combined 83 goals and 73 assists during that span. Technically sound, McDonald elevated her game in the section playoffs, scoring two game-winning goals and assisting on another. Will play at Harvard next year.

CORINNE BUIE
            Edina, forward, senior
            Big, strong forward led Edina with 36 goals. Rarely separated from the puck. Providence recruit scored two goals in each of the Hornets' three section playoff victories. Carried over her scoring prowess from the soccer field, where she tallied 33 goals last fall.

BETHANY BRAUSEN
            Roseville, forward, senior
            A two-time captain and vocal leader, Brausen led the Raiders, ranked No. 1 in Class 2A for much of the season, with 33 goals and 64 points. The Gophers recruit tallied a hat trick in the playoffs against defending state champion Stillwater.

MILICA MCMILLEN
            Breck, defense, sophomore
            Contributed to the offense with 16 goals and a team-best 35 assists. Possessing a booming shot, McMillen does her part on the defensive end as well. Breck allowed three or more goals in only four games. Named to the all-tournament team at state as an eighth-grader.

ROSIE ALLEVA
            Red Wing, defense, senior
            Princeton recruit is a smooth skater with keen offensive instincts. Hard worker whose dead-eye shot stems from daily 5 a.m. shooting practice. Scored 31 goals and 26 assists. Rarely leaves the ice.

SECOND TEAM
            Forwards
            Hannah Brant, Hill-Murray, soph., 42 G, 36 A-78 pts.
            Meghan Lorence, Irondale, junior, 46-36-82
            Rachel Ramsey, Minnetonka, junior, 22-23-45
            Defensemen
            Allie Duellman, Roseville, senior, 13-23-36 - Bemidji State
            Audrey Hanmer, Forest Lake, junior, 17-18-35
            Goalie
            Marah Sobczak, Stillwater, senior, .914 save pct.

THIRD TEAM
            Forwards
            Rachael Bona, Coon Rapids, 33-21-54 junior
            Jordyn Burns, Benilde-St. Margaret's, 31-21-52 junior
            Amanda Colin, Burnsville, senior, 40-27-67 - Quinnipiac
            Hillary Crowe, Blake, junior, 35-48-83
            Defensemen
            Laurel Miller, Totino-Grace, senior 16-23-39 - Wisconsin
            Maggie Pendleton, Hill-Murray, senior 12-22-34 - Providence
            Goalie
            Julie Friend, Minnetonka, junior, .9452 save pct.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

2010 Class AA Girls Hockey All-Tournament Team:

Xcel Energy Center - St. Paul, Minn

Amanda Colin, F (Burnsville)
              Abby Ness, F (Roseau)
              Kallyn Billadeau, G (Hopkins)
              Meghan Lorence, F (Irondale)
              Sami Reber, F (Edina)
              Ellie Gleason, D (Edina)
              Kayla Capistrant, F (Roseville)
              Bethany Brausen, F (Roseville)
              Allie Duellman, D (Roseville)
              Lee Stecklein, D (Roseville)
              Chelsea Witwicke, D (Roseville)
              Erika Allen, G (Roseville)
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                Some more post season honors, starting with the Strib.

THIRD TEAM
                Forwards
                Rachael Bona, Coon Rapids, 33-21-54 junior
                Shows you how oftentimes beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. A Strib's third team member makes the USA U18 team, one of just three from Minnesota.

Kind of surprised that Milica McMillen wasn't picked for the USA squad. I've seen her a bunch and she is an outstanding player, both individually and team wise.

Comment

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/MNCollegeCommitments.pdf

A list of Minnesota D-I commitments...possibly not entirely up to date and a few missing.

2010 final rankings:

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/1017rankings.pdf

I think Warroad has to be #1 pre-season in A. I really don't know how top 10 shakes out in AA. Roseville has lost some very key players to graduation. Pretty strong youth programs but don't know if they'll start at #1.

I'm hoping we can find some new contributors to the thread since a couple gurus have moved on to the college game following their daughters. Naturally they're always welcome if they can find the time and want to post.

I'll have to catch some games to see some of those early Gopher commits...the Red Knights, Pioneers, Cardinals, etc. etc.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                    I'll have to catch some games to see some of those early Gopher commits...the Red Knights, Pioneers, Cardinals, etc. etc.
                    It's just "Knights", unless you're holding out on some Benilde scoop.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      It's just "Knights", unless you're holding out on some Benilde scoop.
                      Benilde has two D1 committments: Jordyn Burns (forward) to Syracuse and recently announced Tianna Press (goaltender) to Harvard. BSM should be solid this year and again win the otherwise weak North Suburban Conference. But in sections they will be underdogs to a very talented and deep Minnetonka team, who has one of the State's best returning players in Rachel Ramsey, a Gopher recruit.

No doubt Brooky was referring to Irondale's Miss Lorence who is also headed to the Gophers. She's obviously one of the State's top recruits in this year's senior class, and I'm anxious to see her play a game or two this year as well. Irondale will of course be without Gina McDonald and they will need some of their younger players to step up and try to fill a very big void. In addition to Gina they also graduated Barnier and Bye, the number 3 and 4 leading scorers on last year's team.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Benilde has two D1 committments: Jordyn Burns (forward) to Syracuse and recently announced Tianna Press (goaltender) to Harvard. BSM should be solid this year and again win the otherwise weak North Suburban Conference. But in sections they will be underdogs to a very talented and deep Minnetonka team, who has one of the State's best returning players in Rachel Ramsey, a Gopher recruit.

No doubt Brooky was referring to Irondale's Miss Lorence who is also headed to the Gophers. She's obviously one of the State's top recruits in this year's senior class, and I'm anxious to see her play a game or two this year as well. Irondale will of course be without Gina McDonald and they will need some of their younger players to step up and try to fill a very big void. In addition to Gina they also graduated Barnier and Bye, the number 3 and 4 leading scorers on last year's team.
                        How's that for creating confusion. I was mistakenly referring to Benilde. It should have been "Mustangs" and I'm not talking Moundsview. For some unknown reason I thought MM was a Red Knight. Apologies for all the confusion.

These new smilies stink!
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Gopher fans don't have a lot of experience with getting recruits from the Minnesota private schools, so it is easy enough to get mixed up. Drazan is the only one that comes to mind, and she came via UMD. The majority of the girls from Blake, B-SM, and Holy Angels have seemed to go Ivy over the years, and I don't remember that many Breck players at D-I.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            The majority of the girls from Blake, B-SM, and Holy Angels have seemed to go Ivy over the years, and I don't remember that many Breck players at D-I.
                            Nor Hill Murray until very recently...

Comment

The Championship Belt currently resides in Roseville (AA) and the challenges to the Raiders possession will soon begin.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Pre-season Top 10 rankings from LPH

Preseason Girls Class AA Top 10: Minnetonka, Roseville, Edina, Hill-Murray, Roseau, Stillwater, Hopkins, Lakeville South, Elk River, Benilde.
                                Preseason Girls Class A Top 10: Warroad, Breck, Blake, South St. Paul, Mound-Westonka, East Grand Forks, Red Wing, Crookston, Rogers, Alexandria.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X