• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    What do you mean "hopefully"?

Go Pioneers!
    What a semifinal! An instant classic. Found myself rooting for LN...and both had excellent chances to win it throughout OT. Reminded me of the 1991 men's NCAA championship game I watched at the old Civic Center.

I'll be rooting for the Pioneers as well.

And Blake of course. Among other things...it's never too early to start rooting against the Whioux!
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Should be a great championship match at both A Blake vs Warroad and AA HM vs Tonka.

Blake will have to bring their best today as Warroad seems to have two great first lines! I think the future is bright for UND.

HM might have the edge with 3-4 lines a shorter semifinal and a good nights rest (you just hope they didn't sit up watching the game like many of us). The thing that amazes me about HM success is they are very young 2 Sr, 5 Jr and the other 13 are underclass players!

Go Pioneers!
      Last edited by joehockey; 02-23-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Minnetonka is also fairly deep and brings a lot of experience going into the championship game. Just not sure how physical and mental exhaustion might factor in.

Go Skippers!

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
          HM might have the edge with 3-4 lines a shorter semifinal and a good nights rest (you just hope they didn't sit up watching the game like many of us). The thing that amazes me about HM success is they are very young 2 Sr, 5 Jr and the other 13 are underclass players
          I would never underestimate the ability of a private school to restock. Also, in girls hockey their are many 9th graders that are big contributers.

Comment

Um...wow! Blake puts a hurtin' on Warroad.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Maybe Blake was motivated to avenge the 12-3 beatdown that Warroad put on Blake earlier in the year when Cameranesi was playing for team USA.

Warroad players heading to Whiouxville got a first hand look at how speed kills.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Blake goalie did a nice job keeping Warroad from getting back into the game. Stopping a 2 on 0 and other close-in shots.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                  I'll be rooting for the Pioneers as well.
                  Screw that. Once they commit, they are Gophers, so if one team has a Gopher and another team doesn't it is any easy call for me.

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  Go Skippers!
                  Only the Badger fan has it right.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Congratulations to Minnetonka for beating Hill-Murray 3-1 to become the first three-peat girls state champions. So much for possibly being too tired.

Comment

Good. Hill-Murray wears green.

Comment

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...1?source=email

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...2?source=email

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...g?source=email
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

• =brookyone;5639864]Sometimes there's a knock on teams outside the TC metro when looking at player stats and team records...due to questions about the competition level within their conference etc. This Red Wing team
                          looks to have a genuinely talented squad that may buck that notion.

No in this case stats do lie. Playing an easy schedule makes this team appear to have talent but any of those top scorers can't add up any points against top ranked teams. It should be evident as they always make state but never go to the finals.
                          Last edited by Hockeysbest; 03-04-2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeysbest View Post
                            Playing an easy schedule makes this team appear to have talent but any of those top scorers can't add up any points against top ranked teams. It should be evident as they always make state but never go to the finals.
                            I don't agree with that. In the Red Wing game versus Blake, I thought one team was just much deeper than the other, and in the latter stages of the game, the deeper team pulled away. Red Wing didn't lose that game for wont of offensive chances. At the H.S. level, Schammel can definitely play.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeysbest View Post
                              No in this case stats do lie. Playing an easy schedule makes this team appear to have talent but any of those top scorers can't add up any points against top ranked teams. It should be evident as they always make state but never go to the finals.
                              Just a seat of the pants observation of mine that Red Wing was indeed a stronger, more talented team than often has been falsely indicated for various teams in the past...due to weaker / conference competition. Consistently making the state tournament but subsequently never making a final doesn't really convince me a team is without talent. Much like the competition at the college level, they may suffer breezing through a regular season and section not being severely tested or challenged on a regular basis. My theory.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Well, in the interest of looking after my girls at Bowdoin, any insight into Maddy Hall or Aliya Faroe who both play for the Blake School in the great state of Minnesota. They are both slated to attend Bowdoin and join the Polar Bears next year. Thanks!
                                Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Working...
                                X