X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Based on what your saying, the Gophers have a committment from Paige Haley, but curiously, Nicole Schammel has committed to Mankato State. Having not seen her play can you or others speak to how good she is as a junior? Would anyone know if the Gophers had interest in her?
    I thought she looked great, but that's easy to say when a player scores 4 out of her team's 6 goals in a state tournament game. As evidenced by her tremendous stats this past season she obviously knows how to put the puck in the net...it would appear to me that Minnesota-State recruited an excellent hockey player. I don't know if the Gophers went after her or not.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The other major paper in the Twin Cities, the Pioneer Press, announces their All Star team. The printed version of the paper indicates they are going to focus on east Metro players going forward (for all prep sports, not just hockey). The very talented Megan Wolfe is the paper's Player of the Year.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...lfe-is-pioneer

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...all-east-metro

Comment

I watched Adam Wilcox's sister play last night for SSP and was impressed - she is a D with big shot, size and moves well. Is she playing any where next year?
        Last edited by joehockey; 02-21-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

My guess is an MIAC school.

Comment

Good face pace semi between Blake and Red Wing on the tube right now.
            Last edited by brookyone; 02-22-2013, 11:51 AM.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Blake seems to be getting the better of the physical play. Tied 1-1

Comment

Red Wing's arms were looking pretty heavy in the third after playing back to back days.

Comment

Originally posted by mnpokecheck View Post
                  Red Wing's arms were looking pretty heavy in the third after playing back to back days.
                  They had a day off in between, but the Wingers played a very short rotation.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by mnpokecheck View Post
                    It looked to me like the physical aspect you mentioned wore the Wingers down as the game went on. Red Wing created enough prime scoring chances to change the outcome I thought...and at least a couple that you really need to capitalize on to win a game like that. Schammel appears quite talented. A good catch for the Mavericks.

And one for sure the Red Wing 'tender would like back.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

OT barn burner in the day's final semi with Tonka and Lakeville North.
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Nearing the end of OT #2...becoming a classic. Still knotted at 3 after OT #2!
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I figured I'd drive back from St. Cloud and find the scores. Instead I've watched most of a hockey game.

Comment

Skippers with the game-winner in six OTs. Watched the whole game on-line. Got to be surreal after the 3rd OT.

Hopefully, Minnetonka has something left in the tank tomorrow (or later today, I guess) as they go for the unprecedented three-peat.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                              Hopefully, Minnetonka has something left in the tank tomorrow (or later today, I guess) as they go for the unprecedented three-peat.
                              What do you mean "hopefully"?

Go Pioneers!
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                What do you mean "hopefully"?

Go Pioneers!
                                May the best team win.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X