X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

Originally posted by Still A Game View Post
    Quite the double standard......it seems you can pick at wounds all you want.......but when someone takes a little poke at you.....all your mythical forum buddies jump in to rescue you. A former playground bully I'm sure.
    I haven't logged in, in a very long time. I did today because I'd really like to know just what the hell is wrong with parents at White Bear Lake? Seriously, I still come to both this and the MN HS forum all the time because I know kids involved in a lot of programs and a lot that have moved on to college hockey and in both forums WBL parents seem to have a screw loose.

You should just do yourself a favor and lurk around - you're attack is border line straight jacket material.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
    Back from lunch....

Comment

Originally posted by Still A Game View Post
      Quite the double standard......it seems you can pick at wounds all you want.......but when someone takes a little poke at you.....all your mythical forum buddies jump in to rescue you. A former playground bully I'm sure.
      I considered your post significantly beyond taking a little poke at me...and my sidebar as 100% commensurate. BTW, my experience in both forums mentioned by puck bag has lead me to the indentical conclusions concerning WBL supporters. I'm 100% alright with your Pony hatred. I'm old enough to know and remember that WBL and Stillwater are very long time bitter rivals in virtually every high school sport. I feel the same about every WBL team. Remember the football games of the sixties & seventies?
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Former Gopher star and Olympian Natalie Darwitz now coaches at Lakeville South. Here's a good article describing how it's going for her and assistant coach Tom Osiecki so far:

Cougar girls hockey respond well to coaching staff

http://www.thisweeklive.com/2011/12/...oaching-staff/
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/1055rankings.pdf
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Slightly belated, Clash of the Titans II:

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=115187

Current scoring leaders stats...hopefully more accurate than at the seasons beginning.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/page...115184-leaders

Striking sibling resemblance there atop the goaltending column.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post

Current scoring leaders stats...hopefully more accurate than at the seasons beginning.

There are some pretty amazing SOG% numbers. Many well over 100%, and one who has 20 goals on 13 shots. Reminds me of the old show, Bewitched!
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                There are some pretty amazing SOG% numbers. Many well over 100%, and one who has 20 goals on 13 shots. Reminds me of the old show, Bewitched!
                I don't think you can trust the goaltending stats. I've seen lots of weird numbers when looking at the box scores, including the inputting of goals where the SOG's are supposed to go. I do think the "skater" stats are pretty accurate, as are the team goal totals and wins & losses, but not much else, including SOG for both goalies and skaters. There must be a certain trick to getting these right, because you see things which obviously can't be.

From what I can tell the learning curve of the new system was just too steep for many of the individuals who've been charged with the task of entering the data. Too bad there wasn't some coordinated training offered before the season got underway. There are some who obviously caught on much faster than others, and I do think it's been gradually getting better. Hopefully in the future those who have mastered the system will teach the person(s) who will be taking over when their "assignment" is finished. Usually the data is gathered and then input into the system by parents who "volunteer" to do it, and then when their daughter(s) complete their eligibility they move on also.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I don't think you can trust the goaltending stats. I've seen lots of weird numbers when looking at the box scores, including the inputting of goals where the SOG's are supposed to go. I do think the "skater" stats are pretty accurate, as are the team goal totals and wins & losses, but not much else, including SOG for both goalies and skaters. There must be a certain trick to getting these right, because you see things which obviously can't be.

From what I can tell the learning curve of the new system was just too steep for many of the individuals who've been charged with the task of entering the data. Too bad there wasn't some coordinated training offered before the season got underway. There are some who obviously caught on much faster than others, and I do think it's been gradually getting better. Hopefully in the future those who have mastered the system will teach the person(s) who will be taking over when their "assignment" is finished. Usually the data is gathered and then input into the system by parents who "volunteer" to do it, and then when their daughter(s) complete their eligibility they move on also.
                  I was actually remarking on shooter's stats:

GP......G......A..... PTS... SOG.. SOG. %

11......9..... 26.......35.......7.....128.6

If these stats are accurate, I can see why everyone wants Minny HS players
                  Last edited by DC78-82; 12-20-2011, 10:10 AM.
                  "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

If these stats are accurate, I can see why everyone wants Minny HS players
                    And why dads in the stands are always hollering, "Shoot the puck!"
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post

Jeeez, a tie? Judging by the photo, one would assume the ice was tilted in Roseville's favor.

Comment

Hux - The article mention 9 D1 players in the game - who are they?

....."Stecklein, one of the nine Division I-bound players from both teams who logged significant ice time Tuesday, buried her chance at 15:55 of the period.".....

Roseville (5) - Stecklein, UM; Brodt, SCSU, Slattery, Providence; Janhke, Penn State; Flug, UM (fall '13).....has G Allen committed anywhere?

Edina (2) - Megan Armstong, UConn; Allie Austin, Yale....who else G Dahl?
                        Last edited by joehockey; 12-20-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I was actually remarking on shooter's stats:
                          Yes but notice I said:

"I do think the "skater" stats are pretty accurate, as are the team goal totals and wins & losses, but not much else, including SOG for both goalies and skaters".

If the skaters' (shooters') SOG are not accurate then obviously their SOG % can't be either!

Comment

Example: Somebody doesn't know that there are only three "quarters" in hockey (). Each goalie apparently played four "quarters" of 17 minutes each:

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game/game_sheet/2099972

Comment

Defending conference champion Roseville Area appears poised to contend once again for the SEC championship. HUGE test January 3 at Saint Croix Rec Center against Stillwater Area.

Meanwhile defending section champion Hill-Murray looks like they will expect to be playing for the section championship again at the end of the season.

White Bear and Stillwater certainly far from eliminated from the conference championship at this point with Mounds View something of a surprise with wins over both Stillwater and White Bear and currently at second in the conference standings.
                              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                                Defending conference champion Roseville Area appears poised to contend once again for the SEC championship. HUGE test January 3 at Saint Croix Rec Center against Stillwater Area.
                                ...and pretty much a must win for the Ponies if they hope to contend for the SEC title. Always great games between these two rivals...but the Raiders are pretty stacked this year.

This section tournament promises to be a virtual maelstrom with the likes of the Raiders, Pioneers, Ponies and...let's see...who am I forgetting...uh, gosh, I can't remember. Well, I know I'm omitting someone so I'll just say "others" and leave it at that.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...id=115187-news
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X