X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
    Good for you. But really, since you won't shut up when asked, I dont think anyone else should shut up when you ask.
    I didn't ask, or tell anyone to shut up. There will very likely be times ahead when I'll continue to opine in the presence of attempts to stifle those opinions. Better be prepared for that...or complain to the administration if unable to accept that reality.

We were discussing high school student athlete transfers in Minnesota by the way. Anything on topic to add?

17 yr olds (and younger) can be, and are often, tried as adults. This is a hockey forum...and an overall extremely mild forum at that. Take your chupe back to the play pen.
    Great analogy. Did the thread topic change to juvenile criminal activity in Minnesota while I was away?

Good for you. But really, since you won't shut up when asked, I dont think anyone else should shut up when you ask.

17 yr olds (and younger) can be, and are often, tried as adults. This is a hockey forum...and an overall extremely mild forum at that. Take your chupe back to the play pen.
    I guess this is yet another instance of that self absorbed bully brookyone going off topic and starting something. In response, I sold my play pen a couple weeks back, thus, I'll probably be staying right here for awhile.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
      Just hate to see a team as talented as Roseville have to forfeit games because of an illegal player.
      This seem a little over the top. "Illegal player" is pretty strong talk.
      Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
        Just hate to see a team as talented as Roseville have to forfeit games because of an illegal player.
        Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
        This seem a little over the top. "Illegal player" is pretty strong talk.
        I was gonna ask about that. Would Vic Brodt actually put his team in that position? He's an excellent coach in my view. I can't believe he'd ever do anything that would potentially risk forfeiture of a bunch of games. I'd also be surprised if he wasn't 100% aware when it comes to his players eligibility.

Not implying that no one would ever attempt to pull a fast one regarding actual place of residence, but he's someone I would not expect to get caught with his pants down in such a situation.
        Last edited by brookyone; 09-19-2011, 09:54 PM.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

The talk is coming from the parents on the old team. Was told the first house hasn't sold and that you must show residency. Like I said I'm sure everything will work out but yes if the family doesn't move into the new house there could be a problem. Of course parents can be a little misguided bitter and wrong with their opinions and ready to pounce. The family in question are very good people and I'm sure they will do the right things. I did say I have no problem with transfers. I wanted to add that things have to be done the right way and there would be huge consequences if not. Also that transfers can effect many people and many involved do care.

Comment

One player does not make a team!!!!!

Comment

Pretty cool to see a young woman aspiring to someday be a WCHA referee

Sartell senior works her way up officiating ladder

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20111...sey=nav%7Chead
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I see where Shattuck-St. Mary's record against the three high school "Elite" teams is now 2-2. All four games have been decided by a single goal.

http://hockey.s-sm.org/teams/2011-20...-prep-schedule

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I see where Shattuck-St. Mary's record against the three high school "Elite" teams is now 2-2. All four games have been decided by a single goal.

http://hockey.s-sm.org/teams/2011-20...-prep-schedule
                  Were you going somewhere with this? Comment, opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by capitalist2 View Post
                    Were you going somewhere with this?
                    No, other than the games against SSM so far have been very competitive, which was not usually the case when the Elite League first started several years ago. I'm not sure if this is due to the Minnesota High School girls getting better, or if SSM maybe is not quite as talented as they used to be.

Comment

No, other than the games against SSM so far have been very competitive, which was not usually the case when the Elite League first started several years ago. I'm not sure if this is due to the Minnesota High School girls getting better, or if SSM maybe is not quite as talented as they used to be.
                      Who needs SSM when you have BSM!

Comment

Originally posted by Silent But Deadly View Post
                        Who needs SSM when you have BSM!
                        Well I do see they play each other this year...should be a good one!

Comment

More then likely SSM is a bit down.

Comment

Shattuck is still very good as their Ntl championship this spring attests. They play great team hockey and have individuals like Burke and Crossley who are excellent. The MSHL top forwards, Brandt, Curtis, Carlson, many others seem to be a bit more skilled and stronger and the top D like McMillen, Stecklein, and Armstrong are neutralizing their down-low play and scoring chances. Every game has been very well played and contested. The difference I believe is that the depth in the Elite league is getting better every year. You have the known top end players but the next tier of players are really good especially the 13's. There are times when one of the Elite teams has 4 or 5 D-I commits on the ice at one time. This set of skills negates some of the advantage that Shattuck has in playing together most of the year. The goaltending has been very good also so a few bounces of the puck either way could have changed a few outcomes. It's great hockey and all of the girls participating are terrific to watch!

Comment

An update re: the Jim Tressel of H.S. hockey:
                              http://www.startribune.com/sports/131296034.html

Comment

Story on the new coach at Lakeville South:

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=115187

Nearly time to drop the puck.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X