X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

Originally posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    Is the reason we are getting so many reminders about this non-event is because your daughter is playing?
    I think instead the reminders are for a few of us at least...who are not parents of any players, that have a genuine interest in several players participating. The games aren't really being promoted as any kind of major event. Just a chance to watch some players that are of interest to some regulars in this forum.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
      I think instead the reminders are for a few of us at least...who are not parents of any players, that have a genuine interest in several players participating. The games aren't really being promoted as any kind of major event. Just a chance to watch some players that are of interest to some regulars in this forum.
      Enjoy ...

Comment

Is the reason we are getting so many reminders about this non-event is because your daughter is playing? And, if the promoters of the event would look outside their small "elite" circle of players, they'd probably find a good number of girls who would like to play in a tournament like this so that no team would have to skate with only two lines ...

Take it easy.

Before you throw your negative opinion out know that over 30 college D1 D3 college players were asked. Girls work or attend night classes and it might be hard to make a Thursday night game. There should be a full team for Sat and Sun. The other teams invited are full teams made up of MN Icecats and Whitecaps. What I was told is the HS Allstar team had three lines.

I'll take good hockey anytime and anywhere especially with over 26 curent and future D1 players.

And I do hope to Enjoy over the weekend. You don't sound like a dedicated fan.

And thanks for the updates Joe...
        Last edited by WCHFan; 07-15-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Is the reason we are getting so many reminders about this non-event is because your daughter is playing? And, if the promoters of the event would look outside their small "elite" circle of players, they'd probably find a good number of girls who would like to play in a tournament like this so that no team would have to skate with only two lines ...
          Sorry to offend you if I did. Many of the group are girls who we have watched grow up and many now play for many different Teams and one of 4 D1 Leagues - fun to see everyone on the ice. If you are a fan of D1 hockey or MN HS hockey it was fun - if you aren't sorry to hear that and again apologies - enjoy the summer!

Comment

Personally, I like to hear about such things, because it is very hard to find by any other means. I don't know when and where to look. If there is an event or game that I don't care about posted in this thread, it is easy to skim past it, but such notes are a big help to those of us who like to watch some hockey when our schedule permits. Dedicated, I'd welcome such news from you as well, although I usually don't find time to watch anything other than D-I games and games involving future/current D-I players.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

A very entertaining and competitive U19 contest tonight between the Icecats and Jr. Whitecaps! Although the Icecats had a deeper bench, the Jr. Whitecaps were able to prevail 5-3. Goaltender Erika Allen of Roseville had several big stops and only surrendered one goal, a goalmouth scramble, in her half of play. D1 coaches in attendance got a great opportunity to evaluate a number of very talented, but as yet uncommitted, players this evening.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                A very entertaining and competitive U19 contest tonight between the Icecats and Jr. Whitecaps! Although the Icecats had a deeper bench, the Jr. Whitecaps were able to prevail 5-3. Goaltender Erika Allen of Roseville had several big stops and only surrendered one goal, a goalmouth scramble, in her half of play. D1 coaches in attendance got a great opportunity to evaluate a number of very talented, but as yet uncommitted, players this evening.
                Looks like another one of the MN Jr Whitecaps is off to Providence

http://presspubs.com/articles/2011/0...9964595277.txt

Lexi Slattery a future Friar

Published:
                Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:39 PM CDT
                CIRCLE PINES — With a goal of putting an end to much of the recruitment process, Centennial Senior High girl's hockey standout Lexi Slattery has decided to cast her lot and tote her gear bag off to Providence, R.I.

The senior-to-be has given an oral commitment to attend the school in the fall of 2012 and play hockey for the Friars' womens hockey team.

Defenseman Slattery has been a steady force on the Cougar blue line the past two seasons, and has also garnered attention at the USA Hockey National Select Camp for the U-16 Minnesota team.

"My final three choices were Bemidji State, Providence, and Colgate," she offered. "Each school is so different, but I liked all three of them very much. I really like the fact that all of the (Hockey East Conference) schools are so close together."

Slattery added that she also considered Robert Morris College and the University of Connecticut, where big sister Jocie played her freshman season last year for the Huskies' women's hockey team.

"We'll get a chance to play (U Conn) three times a year because they are in our conference," Slattery said. "That's something I'm looking forward to. The conference is also very competitive, there's no one or two teams that dominate. I like that."

-Mark Aguirre

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
                  Sorry to offend you if I did. Many of the group are girls who we have watched grow up and many now play for many different Teams and one of 4 D1 Leagues - fun to see everyone on the ice. If you are a fan of D1 hockey or MN HS hockey it was fun - if you aren't sorry to hear that and again apologies - enjoy the summer!
                  Was out of town on business over the weekend and just got to reading these posts. You did not offend me, and it looks like I owe you an apology. I didn't realize anyone other than parents, promoters and invited coaches were interested in these events, and I assumed those people already knew about them. I will take ARM's advise in the future and just skim past the items that don't interest me.

Comment

Agree with your analysis. Unfortunately I don't think there were many coaches in attendance. I know Brad Frost was there but I didn't see anyone else. Did anyone else see any others?

Comment

No I think coaches attendance was a disappointment versus past years. Not sure of all of the scores for the rest of the weekend.

I enjoyed watching future D1 players on the ice versus the College All Stars yesterday. The JWC U19 won 6-2 but it was very close till the end. I think one line of Dani Cameranesi (jr Blake), Hanana Brandt (sr Hill Murray - Minnesota), Molly Illikainen (sr GRG - Providence) was the top line on the ice. I think Illikainen had 3 or 4 goals but the whole line really gave the college girls a hand full. Was also very impressed of the play of forward Hannah Brodt (sr Roseville) and goalie Erika Allen (sr Roseville) against the college girls.
                      Last edited by joehockey; 07-18-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
                        Not sure of all of the scores for the rest of the weekend.
                        The High School All Stars lost to the Ice Cats U19 in a close game. I think it was 5-3 with an Empty Net Goal. The HS All Stars only had 6 or 7 F and even though they led 3-1 most of the game I think they ran out of gas in the last 10 minutes.

The High School All-Stars rebounded to crush the JWC U19 6-0. I think the fact that the HS All-Stars had 8-9 Forwards for the afternoon session helped them.

All in all it was good hockey.
                        Last edited by SlewFoot; 07-18-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
                          The High School All-Stars rebounded to crush the JWC U19 6-0.
                          Never would have predicted that one! Do you have a roster for the High School All-Stars?

Comment

Never would have predicted that one! Do you have a roster for the High School All-Stars?
                            Not all of the players showed up for all of the games but the players on the team were:

Goalies: Tiana Press (Harvard) and a High School soph from Benilde

Forwards: Rachel Bona (Minnesota), Megan Lorence (Minnesota), Megan Bergland (Vermont), Krystal Baumann (Vermont), Emily Snodgrass (UCONN), Kayla Mork (UNH), Alex Citrowske (Bemidji), Taylor Kuehl (OSU)

Defense: Rachel Ramsey (Minnesota), Jordyn Burns (Syracuse), Greer Vogl (Vermont), Caitlin Hewes (UCONN), Delaney Middlebrook (Niagra)

The D players took turns filling in at F.

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
                              Not all of the players showed up for all of the games but the players on the team were:

Goalies: Tiana Press (Harvard) and a High School soph from Benilde

Forwards: Rachel Bona (Minnesota), Megan Lorence (Minnesota), Megan Bergland (Vermont), Krystal Baumann (Vermont), Emily Snodgrass (UCONN), Kayla Mork (UNH), Alex Citrowske (Bemidji), Taylor Kuehl (OSU)

Defense: Rachel Ramsey (Minnesota), Jordyn Burns (Syracuse), Greer Vogl (Vermont), Caitlin Hewes (UCONN), Delaney Middlebrook (Niagra)

The D players took turns filling in at F.
                              Thanks for the info! Looking at the All-Star roster, their lopsided win over the JWC team is not so surprising!

Comment

Next Jamboree will be August 19-21 should be a great tune up for the Jr Whitecaps and Ice Cats as tune up for NAHA.

Comment

Working...
                                X