X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
    Thanks for the info. How many college coaches attend? How many D1 or D3 girls have they been directly credited for? I just don't hear many D1 girls saying I wouldn't have made it if it weren't for Fhit.

Winny Brodt with some to a major influence D1 players in the last 3-4 years?

YEAR NAME POS HIGH SCHOOL COLLEGE BIO LINK
    2008 KACY AMBROZ F NEW PRAGUE UMD
    2008 ERIN BABINEAU F ROSEVILLE BEMIDJI STATE
    2008 BRITTANY CARLSON D CRETIN OHIO STATE
    2008 JACLYN DAGGIT D PARK ST. CLOUD STATE
    2008 SARAH ERICKSON F BEMIDJI MINNESOTA
    2008 MELISSA FESTE F EDEN PRAIRIE OHIO STATE
    2008 ANDREA GREEN F EDEN PRAIRIE BOSTON COLLEGE
    2008 ALYSSA GROGAN G EAGAN MINNESOTA
    2008 KELSEY KETCHER F EDEN PRAIRIE NORTH DAKOTA
    2008 LIZ ORKE F WAYZATA 2008-09…..DNP 2009-2010
    2008 KELLY SEELER D EDEN PRAIRIE MINNESOTA
    2008 LAUREN SMITH F HOLY ANGELS MANKATO
    2008 DANIELLE WELCH F HASTINGS BOSTON COLLEGE
    2008 MARLEE WHEELHOUSE D CROOKSTON BEMIDJI STATE
    2008 ABBY WILLIAMS F ALEXANDRIA BEMIDJI STATE
    2009 JESSICA CHRISTOFFERSON F BEMIDJI MERCYHURST
    2009 JESSICA HARREN F HILL MURRAY NORTH DAKOTA
    2009 CASEY KNAJDEK F HILL MURRAY UCONN
    2009 KELSEY ROMATOSKI D HOLY ANGELS HARVARD
    2009 ERIKA WHEELHOUSE D CROOKSTON BEMIDJI STATE
    2010 DANIELLE SCHOLZEN F BLAINE MANKATO
    2010 AMANDA COLIN F BURNSVILLE QUINNIPIAC
    2010 JOCIE SLATTERY F CENTENNIAL UCONN
    2010 CORINNE BUIE F EDINA PROVIDENCE
    2010 ELLIE GLEASON D EDINA DARTMOUTH
    2010 CHRISTINA LACOMBE D EDEN PRAIRIE SYRACUSE
    2010 DANA GALLOP F GRAND RAPIDS UMD
    2010 MAGGIE PENDLETON F HILL MURRAY PROVIDENCE
    2010 KALLIE BILLADEAU G HOPKINS SYRACUSE
    2010 CARA JOHNSON F HOPKINS SYRACUSE
    2010 MISSY MANKEY F HOPKINS RPI
    2010 GINA McDONALD F IRONDALE HARVARD
    2010 MICHELLE BONAPACE-POTVIN G ROCHESTER NORTH DAKOTA
    2010 BETHANY BRAUSEN F ROSEVILLE MINNESOTA
    2010 ALLIE DUELLMAN D ROSEVILLE BEMIDJI STATE
    2010 MADDIE MARCOTTE D WHITE BEAR LAKE OHIO STATE
    2010 DANI WILLIAMS D MN THOROUGHBREDS BEMIDJI STATE
    2010 KARI LUNDBERG F MN THOROUGHBREDS MANKATO
    2010 CORINNE HENNING F CULVER ACADEMY NORTHEASTERN
    2010 KAYLA CAPISTRANT F ROSEVILLE ST. CLOUD STATE
    2010 ASHLEY STENERSON F MOORHEAD MINNESOTA
    2010 CHELSEA WITWICKE D ROSEVILLE NIAGARA
    2010 ALEXIUS SCHUTT G MN THOROUGHBREDS SACRED HEART

Just saying.
    We could go on forever but as my final point, IMO OS does a great job promoting. IMO FHIT is doing more in the promotion area but their strength is development. The girls only program at FHIT is only 3 years old and its popularity is increasing. Some of the girls you list above also do or have done FHIT in the last couple of years or have done or are doing Potter or CADP. What I am seeing today is that girls are doing FHIT and OS or a combination of OS or FHIT and some of the other programs. In the case of girls that are doing FHIT and OS, my gut feeling is that they are doing FHIT for development and OS for exposure. Some girls are just covering all of the bases. Lots of OS Prospects and Jr. Whitecap girls do FHIT. I do know girls (or should I say their parents) that would say that they wouldn't be playing college hockey if it wasn't for FHIT. As far as how many college coaches attend FHIT, I suspect a lot but I wouldn't know that information and you'd have to ask either Stacy Anderson or Alexander Zebro. This is my final post on the matter and as you said before lets just agree that we disagree. I don't want to beat this to death because OS, FHIT and the other programs are great programs that IMO offer different things.
    Last edited by SlewFoot; 06-29-2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
      I don't want to be picky but the July Scrimmagefest is July 14-17 and in addition to the teams listed above it includes a team called the High School All-Stars which is made up of 1/2 Icecats and 1/2 Jr. Whitecaps from last year's U19 teams (i.e. girls that will be freshman D1 players in 2011-12) . I assume that the August Scrimmagefest will include the same teams but I think that is to be determined. Below is the schedule:

C AS = College All-Stars
      HS AS = High School All-Stars
      IC = Ice Cats
      WC = Jr. Whitecaps

July 14, 2011
      7:30-8:45 PM
      C AS vs HS AS
      Minnetonka - Rink B
      This looks like one that should be great fun and entertaining to watch. I believe no less than three 2011-2012 Gopher freshmen on the HS AS roster challenging a roster comprised of players with D-I experience under their belt.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Brooky, If you want to see some of the Gophs play. Show up at OS D1 Skate. Last night new to be Freshies Lorence, Ramsey, MicMillan, Anderson were on hand and a special appearance from Miss West. Lorence was lighting it up and Anderson was very fast. It was fun to watch. Some nights Winny and Chelsea Brodt mix in and thought I saw Bona and Schoullis there a couple of times. Brausen also is a regular in attendance.

I think there's a few more sessions at Roseville arena.

Comment

Brooky, If you want to see some of the Gophs play. Show up at OS D1 Skate. Last night new to be Freshies Lorence, Ramsey, MicMillan, Anderson were on hand and a special appearance from Miss West. Lorence was lighting it up and Anderson was very fast. It was fun to watch. Some nights Winny and Chelsea Brodt mix in and thought I saw Bona and Schoullis there a couple of times. Brausen also is a regular in attendance.

http://www.oshockey.org/2010/collegeskate/dates.htm here is link for the summer - lots of D1 players from MN skating at many schools.

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
            http://www.oshockey.org/2010/collegeskate/dates.htm here is link for the summer - lots of D1 players from MN skating at many schools.
            Thanks much to both of you for the info. Looks like A few chances remain catch some of the action. Particularly like to read of West being at the rink.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

New coach in the SEC...behind the CDH bench:

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci...5?source=email
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                New coach in the SEC...behind the CDH bench:

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci...5?source=email
                Coach(es) it looks like! This is an interesting move for CDH and is a tremendous school option for any top player.

They had a strong and growing program a few years ago including trips to State and produced a number of top D1 (Keyes sisters, Wild and Carlson) and many D3 players. With the economy and push by Hill Murray to build a stronger program CDH has not been attracting the top players. It will be interesting to see if with this move they will work hard to get the top girl players enrolled in the school.

Comment

Coach(es) it looks like! This is an interesting move for CDH and is a tremendous school option for any top player.

They had a strong and growing program a few years ago including trips to State and produced a number of top D1 (Keyes sisters, Wild and Carlson) and many D3 players. With the economy and push by Hill Murray to build a stronger program CDH has not been attracting the top players. It will be interesting to see if with this move they will work hard to get the top girl players enrolled in the school.
                  Yeah, that duo should certainly attract some players.
                  "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Great move for CDH. I think it will help in getting a ton of the top private girls to attend.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
                      C AS = College All-Stars
                      IC = Ice Cats
                      WC = Jr. Whitecaps

July 14, 2011
                      C AS vs HS AS
                      Minnetonka - Rink B
                      Friendly reminder...coming up later this week. Good stuff!

More good stuff shortly thereafter as well.

Edit: http://www.arenamaps.com/arenas/1044.htm
                      Last edited by brookyone; 07-10-2011, 05:50 PM.
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Nice article on Park's Allie Morse and Anna Keys who participated in the National Development Camps:

http://www.swcbulletin.com/event/art...roup/homepage/
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I heard a rumor that CDH parents of the girls hockey team players received a letter stating Mrs. Pohl will be coaching the team along with her husband and Mr. Skrypek. Absolutely no idea if this is true or not. Anyone?
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Your post above contained her name in the story:

Former Gophers standout John Pohl named girls hockey coach at Cretin-Derham Hall
                            By Tim Leighton
                            tleighton@pioneerpress.com
                            Updated: 07/02/2011 12:14:12 AM CDT

Former Gophers hockey standout and NHL player John Pohl has been named girls hockey coach at Cretin-Derham Hall High School.

Jodi Loeblein-Lecker, activities director at the St. Paul private school, said Pohl would be the Raiders' head coach. Pohl's wife, Krissy Wendell, a former U.S. Olympian, will be one of his assistant coaches.

Noted high school boys coach and college men's coach Terry Skrypek also will return to the Raiders as an assistant coach.

"It is really exciting news for us,'' Loeblein-Lecker said. "We play in the most competitive conference in the state, and we are really excited to have this group of coaches.''

A parents meeting to meet Pohl and his coaching staff is planned for July 11. A letter to the parents of girls hockey players announcing the news was sent this week.

Pohl, 32, a business education teacher at Cretin-Derham Hall, led the Gophers to the 2002 national championship. A prolific scorer at Red Wing High School, he was selected Minnesota's Mr. Hockey in 1998.

He played for four NHL teams during a professional playing career.

- Longtime St. Paul Academy/Visitation girls hockey coach Ted Cheesebrough stepped down to take an assistant coaching position with the Centennial boys program.

Cheesebrough was the head coach at SPA/Visitation for the past nine years. He is a 1992 graduate of Centennial and a former player. He will assist newly appointed Ritch Menne, a former high school teammate.

"I couldn't pass up the opportunity,'' Cheesebrough said. "It's a chance to go to the big boys.''

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                              Friendly reminder...coming up later this week. Good stuff!

More good stuff shortly thereafter as well.

Edit: http://www.arenamaps.com/arenas/1044.htm
                              C AS = College All-Stars
                              IC = Ice Cats
                              WC = Jr. Whitecaps

July 14, 2011
                              C AS vs HS AS
                              Minnetonka - Rink B

Great game/fun last night - 3-3 tie won by the HS AS in a shoot out (Bona only shooter to score). HS AS had about 3 lines while the C AS had about two lines but still great pace!

Comment

C AS = College All-Stars
                                IC = Ice Cats
                                WC = Jr. Whitecaps

July 14, 2011
                                C AS vs HS AS
                                Minnetonka - Rink B

Great game/fun last night - 3-3 tie won by the HS AS in a shoot out (Bona only shooter to score). HS AS had about 3 lines while the C AS had about two lines but still great pace!
                                Is the reason we are getting so many reminders about this non-event is because your daughter is playing? And, if the promoters of the event would look outside their small "elite" circle of players, they'd probably find a good number of girls who would like to play in a tournament like this so that no team would have to skate with only two lines ...

Comment

Working...
                                X