• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    Scoring leaders stats:

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/subs...order_dir=DESC

Several you'd expect to see near the top are in fact showing up in the top 25 after playing half a dozen games or so now.
    So much depends on strength of schedule...very hard to rack up big point totals against the best, and relatively easy against the rest...
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      So much depends on strength of schedule...very hard to rack up big point totals against the best, and relatively easy against the rest...
      Exactly right. Hence some of my scoring expectations for some of those more talented scorers when considering their "challenging" schedules.

I think a few of the Warroad Warriors are examples of the concept. May be some similar examples among Classic Suburban rosters. The Suburban East a little tougher to accumulate monster point totals...and I'm sure you know of west metro conferences that are more akin to the SEC as per stiffer competition and more modest points accumulation as a result.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Some good games this weekend:

Friday
        Hastings at Eastview (Apple Valley arena) -- These two will most likely be the #1 and #2 seeds in Section 3AA in no particular order.
        Mound-Westonka at Holy Family/Waconia -- Good Class A matchup way out west.
        Minnetonka at Blake -- Possibly #1 in AA vs. #1 in A.

Saturday
        AHA at Brainerd/Little Falls -- only reason I mention it is because last time out, Holy Angels senior goalie Kelly Mellon made 67 (sixty-seven) saves in a 1-1 tie with Redwing.
        Anoka at Coon Rapids -- top two teams in the Northwest Suburban and will be two of the major players in Section 5AA.
        Bloomington Jefferson at Lakeville North -- don't laugh, the Jaguars ain't bad. Last time out they beat Shakopee 2-1.

Comment

I noticed Shattuck St Marys U19's defeated Minnetonka handily this week by a score of 6-1. Ouch! I thought Minnetonka was once of the top teams. Was this expected?

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Boy View Post
            I noticed Shattuck St Marys U19's defeated Minnetonka handily this week by a score of 6-1. Ouch! I thought Minnetonka was once of the top teams. Was this expected?
            Yes, pretty much. Can't really compare any MSHSL team to SSM.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Are you kidding? SSM beat Chicago Mission the week before three straight games and the last one 5-0. That's the Chicago Mission that won the U19 National Championship. In other words, there are very few U19 teams nationally, all of whom attract players from entire states, who can play with SSM much less high school teams who draw kids from one school district.

Comment

I did not see the game, but from sinbin on the MN High School Forum: "Shots were 23-19 until the last minute or two, then a SSM flurry."

Comment

I did not see the game, but from sinbin on the MN High School Forum: "Shots were 23-19 until the last minute or two, then a SSM flurry."
                  I think the fact that Minnetonka played their back up goalie had something to do with the lopsided score. Minnetonka's first string goalie, Julie Friend, is committed to play D1 hockey at St. Cloud and rarely sits. I don't know why Minnetonka sat her for this game. Maybe she was ill.
                  Last edited by SlewFoot; 12-13-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Mound-Westonka's Taylor Kuehl keeps racking up points

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=115187

Comment

Mound-Westonka's Taylor Kuehl keeps racking up points

Very impressed by Miss Kuehl when I've seen her play. She'll be a nice addition to the Buckeye roster when the time comes.

Scoring stats update for this week:

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/subs...order_dir=DESC

Ponies and Raiders coming up Saturday night...SEC clash of titans. GO PONIES!
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                        Ponies and Raiders coming up Saturday night...SEC clash of titans. GO PONIES!
                        Another titan-like clash on Saturday features No. 1 ranked Minnetonka vs. No. 4 Benilde-St. Margaret's. Might have to go do a little scouting of a prominant Gopher recruit...

Comment

Just for you, Brooky:

Ponying Up

Comment

Thanks D2D!

I especially enjoy this...

Eder-Zdechlik, a pure goal scorer and the daughter of Gophers cross-country and track Hall of Famer Jody Eder-Zdechlik, leads the Ponies with eight goals, six assists and 14 points.
                            ...and watching this kid play. Jody and I were neighbors growing up.
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Latest rankings from LPH:

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/1026rankings.pdf

As noted, #1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #6 coming up Saturday.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

In progress at the SuperRink, it's Irondale 6, St. Francis/North Branch 2. One player has scored ALL 6 Irondale goals. Go on...take a wild guess.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X