X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey III

An update with encouraging news:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...ibbgB9YE.email

Best wishes to Jenna for a speedy and complete recovery.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      All sections have now been seeded. Here's where it gets fun!
      http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/activitypage.asp?actnum=460

Most brackets updated as play goes on. Dar has her team one game away from a state berth. Not bad for a first year coach. Mr. Dar also one game away. That would be an interesting game at state. Looks like we're headed for some big time battles in 4AA and 6AA.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
        Go "Little G", Go Irondale!!!
        Perhaps it will sadden you to learn that the career of "Little G" at Irondale ended in the 4th OT last night, as the Knights fell to Mounds View, 4-3.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Perhaps it will sadden you to learn that the career of "Little G" at Irondale ended in the 4th OT last night, as the Knights fell to Mounds View, 4-3.
          Actually end of a great era of "4 Macs" in MN HS Hockey

Comment

Maybe this will help console Hux a little:

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=113956

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/images/pdf/1062cover.pdf
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Current conditions / trend for the sport within the state a little bothersome.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=115187
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Kudos to the Roseville boys at the girls semi-final game who without even a milli-second delay flooded the area on the ice in front of where they were (mostly) standing with hats and gloves when Kate Flug's empty netter for the hat trick secured Roseville's 3-1 win over White Bear. Gopher fans could learn a lot from those young men. Special kudos to the still only a junior verbally committed to Minnesota Kate Flug for the hat trick. Flug gets one more year in high school but continues to look like one to watch for the future.

I repeat, Gopher fans are going to find a lot to like about Lee Stecklein next year.

I left before the conclusion of the second game (shame on me) but in the part that I saw the amazing Hannah Brandt was routinely amazing. She didn't score the first goal but her play without doubt created the goal. But it was Hill-Murray's second goal that demonstrated her undeniable talent. She circled around to her left at center ice collecting the puck, then broke into the zone on her forehand. The Stillwater goalie challenged her but in so doing left a yawning open far side top corner which Brandt found, with authority, a wonderful goal.

It should be a great game Friday at 8, perhaps I can catch the end after the Gophers play at 6.
                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                  I repeat, Gopher fans are going to find a lot to like about Lee Stecklein next year.
                  I like her, too. Not flashy, but very fundamentally sound. Should be a nice replacement for Kelly Seeler, because she seems to have many of the same strengths, including making the first pass effectively. She spotted Flug with a bomb pass leading to a breakaway and Roseville goal #1. I didn't see the first period, but the Raiders definitely shifted into a higher gear once they went down a goal.

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                  I left before the conclusion of the second game (shame on me) but in the part that I saw the amazing Hannah Brandt was routinely amazing. She didn't score the first goal but her play without doubt created the goal. But it was Hill-Murray's second goal that demonstrated her undeniable talent. She circled around to her left at center ice collecting the puck, then broke into the zone on her forehand. The Stillwater goalie challenged her but in so doing left a yawning open far side top corner which Brandt found, with authority, a wonderful goal.
                  I'm not sure the opening was that big -- Brandt put her shot off the pipe on the way into the net. Her second goal was a shortie where she slipped the puck through a D, collected it on the other side, and found the five hole. She completed her own hat trick by going upstairs on a two-on-one, using the other forward as a decoy. I have visions of watching Brandt and Kessel on the same line.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I'm not sure the opening was that big -- Brandt put her shot off the pipe on the way into the net.
                    I was on the Hill-Murray side at the far end, an excellent angle to see that particular play. There was plenty of room there. But as you say, Brandt used all of it. With authority.
                    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

I have visions of watching Brandt and Kessel on the same line.
                      Oh, quit your dreaming, ARM! I guarantee you it will happen, next year!
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Anoka gets knocked off in their section...a #1 seed. Kinda surprising to me.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

With their 2-1 win over Apple Valley, Eagan wins the Section 3AA Championship and becomes the first team to advance to the Class 2A State Tournament.

It would be interesting if Eagan (coached by Scott Darwitz) were to get paired up opposite Lakeville South in the Tournament, should South (coached by daughter Natalie) win their 1AA final tomorrow night against Lakeville North. Could happen!
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/compon...announced.html

Big congrats to each of the five remaining candidates.

Gopher fans...I like our chances!
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                              http://www.letsplayhockey.com/compon...announced.html

Big congrats to each of the five remaining candidates.

Gopher fans...I like our chances!
                              I agree. Congratulations to all, however, I think it would be a capital crime if Hannah Brandt were not picked as Ms. Hockey. IMO she's been the best player in Minnesota for a number of years now and it would only be right to make it official.

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
                                I agree. Congratulations to all, however, I think it would be a capital crime if Hannah Brandt were not picked as Ms. Hockey. IMO she's been the best player in Minnesota for a number of years now and it would only be right to make it official.
                                I would tend to agree to the tune of 100%
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X