No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    Crap, this thread again? Also, FTB&G, when was the "Bosch" factor created? My Bosch factor is pretty good, they make great 12V automotive relays, IMHO.
    I created the Bosch Factor based on the old brand of beer brewed in the Keweenaw up until the early 70s that BPH and I often muse about, because Leinie's now allegedly owns the recipe. We'd like to see them maybe sell or at least license it to the KBC someday, so everyone can try it again, even though it was supposedly just a crappy American lager that IPA snobs like you would never drink.

The Bosch Factor, quite simply, is the type and amount of booze required to forget the previous Tech game or series. So far, we've had "a dirty dozen of Grain Belt" (after the MN series), and "A little Maker's on the rocks, since both teams suck" (after the second NMU game). Currently, there is not enough alcohol on planet Earth to make me forget the 2009 GLI.

Comment

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      So far, we've had "a dirty dozen of Grain Belt" (after the MN series),
      I approve. Everyone needs a little Premo now and then.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I approve. Everyone needs a little Premo now and then.
        The IPA snob says no, he would rather have the Summit.

Comment

The IPA snob says no, he would rather have the Summit.
          I'll get you a razor, to shave your tongue after your 2nd Summit.

(yes, I like Summit, except for the reason I stated above)
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Crap, this thread again? Also, FTB&G, when was the "Bosch" factor created? My Bosch factor is pretty good, they make great 12V automotive relays, IMHO.
            Yeah, well, my team doesn't have a series this weekend.

Can we at least make this game entertaining this time? December was pathetic.
            Always a Wildcat...
            Originally posted by Kepler
            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
              Yeah, well, my team doesn't have a series this weekend.

With Tech, there are no guarantees...

Comment

Absolutely not! We will always play THE TRAP!11!!!1

Comment

Let me put it this way--make it worth the $40 in gas and $16 ticket, you hosers.
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Let me put it this way--make it worth the $40 in gas and $16 ticket, you hosers.
                    "Please Mr. Linesman let the players fight..."?

Comment

Absolutely not! We will always play THE TRAP!11!!!1
                      Trap the blueline, trap the blueline
                      Dump and change your lines
                      One man deep is good enough
                      We only want a tie

Trap the blueline, trap the blueline
                      Lets destroy the game
                      Watch the Badgers lead the way
                      'cause offense is lame
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I second that

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                          I second that
                          The NMU/Minnesota game last night was chippier than the December MTU/NMU game. Which is probably one of the main reasons we lost, our team doesn't even care enough to fight.
                          Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                            The NMU/Minnesota game last night was chippier than the December MTU/NMU game. Which is probably one of the main reasons we lost, our team doesn't even care enough to fight.
                            If it wouldn't have been for that, I may have chosen to leave early. I don't think I've ever been that bored at a hockey game.

Comment

Your ♥sweet♥heart♥ isn't getting you a free ticket? They are pretty easy to come by these days... Have a seaosn ticket holder grab a student ticket and you take the season ticket. Or just have Brandon buy a $6 or $7 ticket, whatever it is for a student reserved seat, it doesn't have any markings so you can take it and he can still swipe in to get a free ticket.

I can tell you the game will not be worth those high standards, so save money where you can.
                              Last edited by Yager; 01-04-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Your ♥sweet♥heart♥ isn't getting you a free ticket? They are pretty easy to come by these days... Have a seaosn ticket holder grab a student ticket and you take the season ticket. Or just have Brandon buy a $6 or $7 ticket, whatever it is for a student reserved seat, it doesn't have any markings so you can take it and he can still swipe in to get a free ticket.

I can tell you the game will not be worth those high standards, so save money where you can.
                                Dorkisak can easily get her a free ticket cause I know that him and I are the only two season tickets holders in row 5
                                Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                                Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Working...
                                X