Norwich Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Big week this week in ECAC East play with the top teams playing each other. Salve against Norwich on Friday...5pm game, and then the rubber match between M'Ville and Norwich, game time set for 3pm in Northfield. Right now M'Ville is a head of Norwich in the standings by one point and Norwich is ahead of Salve by a point. Should be some interesting hockey this weekend. Stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
      Big week this week in ECAC East play with the top teams playing each other. Salve against Norwich on Friday...5pm game, and then the rubber match between M'Ville and Norwich, game time set for 3pm in Northfield. Right now M'Ville is a head of Norwich in the standings by one point and Norwich is ahead of Salve by a point. Should be some interesting hockey this weekend. Stay tuned!
      Indeed a huge weekend for all involved. I understand Norwich dominated the first Salve game and let it get away in the last 7 mins. or so, at a neutral rink (they play at URI, I understand) I will give the nod to NU. The Manhattanville game will be tough for Norwich , I think, even though the beat them the last time out I hear they played a very tight and solid game of systems to do that. Being that it is at Kreitzberg and the ice surface is as large as it is I think the Cadets will have a harder time keeping the skill and size from being a factor like they could in the little Manhattanville surface......just my opinion but I think the nod on this one goes to the Valiants,.......and especially if they lose to Salve on Friday.

Comment

Salve never gave up the last time they played Norwich which led to the 4-4 tie. This week will be tougher for Salve. Not to try and make excuses but they are dealing with quite a few injuries and two key players no longer on the roster since they last played. It's going to take some mistake free hockey, lots of forechecking and great goaltending. Go Salve!

Comment

I see no recent post so here's one...

Well, 4-chek, you were right, Salve was not the same team we saw at home earlier in the season... too bad for them. And Mainiac, you called the M'ville game right too... So much for hosting the ECAC tourny.

We always seem to have good close games vs. Holy Cross and last Fridays game was no exception. The intensity was high and provided for a very entertaining game. The ref's struggled to keep the game under control but the lasting impression I got was the lack of "class" some of the HC girls had. Seems M'ville is rubbing off on them.

Looking forward, I think a lot of folks are interested in seeing how Norwich stacks up vs. Middlebury. For those that can't make the game tonight, you can see it streaming at... http://www.nsnsports.net/norwich

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
            I see no recent post so here's one...

Well, 4-chek, you were right, Salve was not the same team we saw at home earlier in the season... too bad for them. And Mainiac, you called the M'ville game right too... So much for hosting the ECAC tourny.

We always seem to have good close games vs. Holy Cross and last Fridays game was no exception. The intensity was high and provided for a very entertaining game. The ref's struggled to keep the game under control but the lasting impression I got was the lack of "class" some of the HC girls had. Seems M'ville is rubbing off on them.

Looking forward, I think a lot of folks are interested in seeing how Norwich stacks up vs. Middlebury. For those that can't make the game tonight, you can see it streaming at... http://www.nsnsports.net/norwich
            I do not think that they will stack up too well against Middlebury. I think it will be at least a 3 goal Middlebury cushion at the end. I think Norwich jumped into the upper tier group (Platty, Midd and Amherst) about a year early. I know they want respect and I know they want people to mention them in the same breath but this team is still growing, and I having watched them a few times in the last couple years, feel that they are still not at the point that they need to be. They do not seem to grasp certain things yet that for the upper teams is habit. They seem to have mental lapses all the time and their tempo runs the full gambit. I think a few more players from clubs that are big time winners (NAHA, Polar Bears ect) kids that know what the mental set has to be come game time and practice time. I think next year if they land say 5 or 6 more players of that caliber this will be a team that will be mentioned in the same breath as the aforementioned, and they will need to land someone to take the place of Sophie LeClerc from the offensive side of things, because even though she may not always get the points she is without a doubt one of the best D3 women's players I have ever watched..........she makes things happen and will be a huge void to try and fill because she can control and take over a game even if it does not always show on the score sheet.

Comment

The ref's struggled to keep the game under control but the lasting impression I got was the lack of "class" some of the HC girls had. Seems M'ville is rubbing off on them.
              I would be careful about irresopnsible comments here in a public forum. To go after Holy Cross who has been one of the classiest programs in DI and DIII hockey for years is just plain stupid. And as I remember it, it wasn't Mvilles players who felt the need to salute their fans after a win on Norwich's ice. Norwich on the other hand felt the need to salute their fans after a win on M'ville's ice. If you ask me that is just classless.

From all indications, it seems as though Coach Bolding runs a first class program and sometimes we have to remember that kids are just being kids.

P.S. It sound like sour grapes that you just cant beat Holy Cross!~

Comment

Originally posted by valiantfan08 View Post
                I would be careful about irresopnsible comments here in a public forum. To go after Holy Cross who has been one of the classiest programs in DI and DIII hockey for years is just plain stupid. And as I remember it, it wasn't Mvilles players who felt the need to salute their fans after a win on Norwich's ice. Norwich on the other hand felt the need to salute their fans after a win on M'ville's ice. If you ask me that is just classless.

From all indications, it seems as though Coach Bolding runs a first class program and sometimes we have to remember that kids are just being kids.

I am indifferent about all of these teams but did stop into the game Friday... Holy Cross was ridiculous. I saw a couple of knees thrown and at least one punch. Their coach was also yelling at the Norwich coach along with a player from HC or two after a huge cheap shot in overtime wasn't called that hurt Norwich's best player. I think you might have to rethink how classy HC is...or maybe you have a different perspective on how class is shown.

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
                  I do not think that they will stack up too well against Middlebury. I think it will be at least a 3 goal Middlebury cushion at the end. I think Norwich jumped into the upper tier group (Platty, Midd and Amherst) about a year early. I know they want respect and I know they want people to mention them in the same breath but this team is still growing, and I having watched them a few times in the last couple years, feel that they are still not at the point that they need to be. They do not seem to grasp certain things yet that for the upper teams is habit. They seem to have mental lapses all the time and their tempo runs the full gambit. I think a few more players from clubs that are big time winners (NAHA, Polar Bears ect) kids that know what the mental set has to be come game time and practice time. I think next year if they land say 5 or 6 more players of that caliber this will be a team that will be mentioned in the same breath as the aforementioned, and they will need to land someone to take the place of Sophie LeClerc from the offensive side of things, because even though she may not always get the points she is without a doubt one of the best D3 women's players I have ever watched..........she makes things happen and will be a huge void to try and fill because she can control and take over a game even if it does not always show on the score sheet.
                  Well, I'm happy to report you got your prediction on tonight's game wrong. And although Norwich got outshot by a few, they definitely had the edge on quality scoring chances... it could of easily been a 5-2 Norwich win.

Middlebury is a good little team, they never stopped working. They also played a clean game.

But you're dead on about what Norwich will look like without Leclerc next year. They would have lost this game without her.

By the way, NAHA only wants to produce D1 caliber players and basically ditch anyone that doesn't measure up accordingly.

Comment

Norwich on the other hand felt the need to salute their fans after a win on M'ville's ice. If you ask me that is just classless.
                    It's classless to salute the people making a long trip to watch you play?
                    Unbelievable.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

If that were a mens game and the opponent gathers in a circle to salute some fans their would have been a brawl. Yes you don't salute fans in opponents rinks. Thank them in the lobby after the game. It sounds like you havn't played much hockey in your day. Unbelievable !

Comment

Well, I'm happy to report you got your prediction on tonight's game wrong. And although Norwich got outshot by a few, they definitely had the edge on quality scoring chances... it could of easily been a 5-2 Norwich win.

Middlebury is a good little team, they never stopped working. They also played a clean game.

But you're dead on about what Norwich will look like without Leclerc next year. They would have lost this game without her.

By the way, NAHA only wants to produce D1 caliber players and basically ditch anyone that doesn't measure up accordingly.
                        Being a Norwich fan I am glad to say I was wrong about the outcome of last nights game, but I did notice that once again they had a 2-0 lead after one period and could not put it away, that is what I was talking about where players from teams that are constant winners come in. Granted sometimes teams make adjustments that make it harder for the team that they are playing but players that come from big time programs know how to make their own adjustments to overcome that sometimes as well.

That being said I am proud to say that I was not correct on the outcome and also that maybe, just maybe, they do deserve to take the step they took this year.......I think that will be seen more as the playoffs unfold.

And I am aware of NAHA's D1 only mentallity, but having seen them play numerous times, I can tell you that some of their players would be better off ditching that dream and playing for a good D3 team where they can get the ice time and be a part of a winner. This whole I play D1 thing is great but if it is at Union and you get 5 min of ice time and you lose almost every night what kind of experience was that??? Just my opinion...................

Comment

If that were a mens game and the opponent gathers in a circle to salute some fans their would have been a brawl. Yes you don't salute fans in opponents rinks. Thank them in the lobby after the game. It sounds like you havn't played much hockey in your day. Unbelievable !
                          Your point about if this was a men’s game there would have been a brawl is just plain stupid how many college hockey fights have you seen. Obviously you haven't played too much hockey yourself. To be honest I think the whole salute to fans is ridiculous. Most programs have some sort sponsored post game party and that's where you thank your fans. The only salute to the fans teams should be giving is at the end of the year when their season is done.
                          Last edited by HockeyDman; 02-17-2010, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Do a little research before making statements like this that way you have something to stand on. If you look back over the past three years Norwich is 2-2-2 against HC. Seems like a great rivalry to me...

Comment

I'm not sure I can follow your logic here. It could have been a 5-2 game but wasn't because Bloom was solid in net. And, it could have been a 2-0 Middlebury win but wasn't because Leclerc is an excellent forward. Two good teams played a 2-2 tie. The mentality of "what could have been" might be one of the things that separates winners from non-winners.

By the way, regardless of the outcome last night, NU is a very good team. How in the world did they let M'ville light them up for 7 goals twice?

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
                                I'm not sure I can follow your logic here. It could have been a 5-2 game but wasn't because Bloom was solid in net. And, it could have been a 2-0 Middlebury win but wasn't because Leclerc is an excellent forward. Two good teams played a 2-2 tie. The mentality of "what could have been" might be one of the things that separates winners from non-winners.

By the way, regardless of the outcome last night, NU is a very good team. How in the world did they let M'ville light them up for 7 goals twice?
                                Spike - I completely agree with everything you said. It was a good game and both teams had chances to win (not by 3 goals).....and Fortin had to make big saves as well, do not discredit her play!!

Comment

Working...
                                X