Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
    I think that by the sounds of it and talking to a couple of friends who were at the game the NU coaching staff did just that. I was told that they really slowed down and bottled up the Manhattanville offense each time it came through the neutral zone with a combination of the LW lock and the neutral zone trap.......never staying with just one plan.
    I think it is safe to say the coaching staff understands defense.
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Should be an interesting game in Williamstown tonight. The Ephs do not score a lot, but have been stingy giving up goals. Sara Plunkett has a very respectable .946 saves %, opened the season with 3 consecutive shutouts, added a 4th last time out against St. Anselm and if you take out her 2 sub-par games (10 goals on 83 shots against RIT and Trinity) her saves % goes to .968.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
        Oh, yeah, right.

The last thing the state university system needs is another slash and hack Republican...especially one with a kid playing basketball at BC.
        I see you were in the minority Hux
        "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

1st time match up between the Cardinals and the Cadets tomorrow. Any thoughts on the game...I'm going to throw out a 4-1 game in favor of Plattsburgh. I think it will be a good game to watch but playing Plattsburgh in their own barn doesn't favor the Cadets.

Norwich is now getting into their tougher part of their schedule with Plattsburgh tomorrow, MVille on the 7th of Feb, Holy Cross on the 12th, Middlebury on the 16th and Amherst on the 20th....everyone said Norwich had a weak first half schedule I would say they probably have one of the toughest 2nd half schedules out there.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
            1st time match up between the Cardinals and the Cadets tomorrow. Any thoughts on the game...I'm going to throw out a 4-1 game in favor of Plattsburgh. I think it will be a good game to watch but playing Plattsburgh in their own barn doesn't favor the Cadets.

Norwich is now getting into their tougher part of their schedule with Plattsburgh tomorrow, MVille on the 7th of Feb, Holy Cross on the 12th, Middlebury on the 16th and Amherst on the 20th....everyone said Norwich had a weak first half schedule I would say they probably have one of the toughest 2nd half schedules out there.
            I think that you are right in giving Platty the nod. I think the score could be almost anything. I think it depends if Norwich plays a system and plays it well (like they apparently did vs. Manhattanville the last time) or if they go in there and try to match up against the Cardinals. If they do the latter it could be as ugly as Coach Houle wants it to get. Norwich always seems to generate a ton of shots, but the 3 games that I have seen this year that is very misleading as most of them were not from prime scoring areas on the ice and tend to be from everywhere. Don't get me wrong Norwich has some very talented players but they will not be as deep as Platty so they better be disciplined and play a system and take advantage of scoring chances when they come and shoot from areas that are prime instead of just shooting and hoping it could go in.

Comment

What will be interesting to see is if Norwich can rise to the occasion and play like they can vs Platty. True, Platty is probably deeper in talent but it can be overcome by playing with creativity and get that puck to bounce your way. If the "energy" is there, it will be a close game...

Comment

Fans/Parents/Friends can listen to the Norwich/Plattsburgh game online at WIRY.com Ducky Drake and Rob Knowles will have the call from the Ronny B. They will probably go on air at about 6:40PM.

Comment

• Plattsburgh/Norwich Pregame article

http://www.pressrepublican.com/0300_...026003054.html
                  Cardinal Women- 2-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games, 35 game undefeated streak
                  Cardinal Men- 3-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh/Norwich Pregame article

Great article thanks for sharing that Aero...and Bill-R thanks for link, hopefully this will be an exciting game all depends on what team shows up for Norwich. Set your alarms for the puck drop a 7pm. Anyone actually going to the game tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
                      Fans/Parents/Friends can listen to the Norwich/Plattsburgh game online at WIRY.com Ducky Drake and Rob Knowles will have the call from the Ronny B. They will probably go on air at about 6:40PM.
                      Thanks for the link
                      Steve Day(NU71)
                      Go Cadets

Comment

Great article thanks for sharing that Aero...and Bill-R thanks for link, ........ Anyone actually going to the game tonight?
                        I'll be there!
                        Cardinal Women- 2-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games, 35 game undefeated streak

Comment

Great article thanks for sharing that Aero...and Bill-R thanks for link, hopefully this will be an exciting game all depends on what team shows up for Norwich. Set your alarms for the puck drop a 7pm. Anyone actually going to the game tonight?
                          I'll be there. and definitely tune in to WIRY. they're terrific

Comment

Norwich's bus pulled in around 5:45 to the rink here in Plattsburgh. Trouble escaping Northfield?

Comment

Interesting game to attend. (Norwich vs Platty) A short ferry ride and boom, we were there. Too bad George Washington did not have this available when he crossed the Delaware!

Look, with 10 or so years of recruiting time under their belt, of course Platty is going to be a little deeper. They seemed to have quite a little fan section and the rink is not bad.

I thought our girls did alright. Again, it's better to play up than down so chalk it up to experience.

Comment

Post game news recap: http://www.pressrepublican.com/0300_...027045613.html

I thought Norwich played the Cards well. The Cadet defensive style gave the Cards some difficulties. Apparently, the Cards don't play against this style very often....... Coach Houle,"They played a different style that we haven't played against, and we weren't prepared," Houle said. "Not knowing how they played, in the first period I thought we played pretty well. But you could see them(Cadets) playing better, kind of shoring things up with their forecheck. And you could see if they kept working at it and didn't get frustrated, they could be in the game. And they were for a while."

It was a fun game to watch. I understand these two teams will be playing each other regularly in the coming years......I look forward to a great rivalry developing....

Comment

Working...
                                X