Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 794

Thread: Norwich Women's Hockey

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by valiantfan08 View Post
    For those of you who live under a rock and think there arn't any fights in college hockey. Although not frequent usually happen after someone does something stupid after a game IE: salute fans after a game when your not in your rink.
    Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfVuM0bvaZ4
    One wonders what mayhem would ensue were the visting winners to carry a trophy around the arena.
    Go 'Wick!

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    139

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by valiantfan08 View Post
    For those of you who live under a rock and think there arn't any fights in college hockey. Although not frequent usually happen after someone does something stupid after a game IE: salute fans after a game when your not in your rink.
    Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfVuM0bvaZ4
    Let me put it to you like this.....there are some of us on here that may have more of an actual hockey playing background then you may think and some may actually have been part of winning National Championships on the road .....not sure if "valiantfan08" has ever had that honor but I have never seen or been a part of a fight on the ice following a salute to fans that traveled to watch us play ,sometimes hundreds of miles, when we raised that NCAA trophy on the opponents home ice......fans are important to the players and if they make an effort to get out there to see you I see nothing wrong in recognizing them for their efforts......it is a salute done in good taste towards the fans and not to rub the face of your opponent in the game that was just played.

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    1,554

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Will any of the Norwich faithful make the trip down to Orr for the game Saturday evening?

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Attended Amherst vs. Norwich last night.... Now I know why they are in the top 3 in DIII womens hockey... They could skate, they could pass, and they could shoot.

    I was impressed with Amherst's ability to breakout of their zone. No trap could contain them, and their speed contributed to an awesome forecheck that kept the Norwich women on their heels for a good chunk of the game. They also played a very clean game.

    Fortin kept the Cadets in the game with some outstanding saves, maintaining hope for a tie 'till the final buzzer.

    Lasting impression...

    The rink was nothing special, and their coach wore one of those hats my dad used to wear going to church on sundays back in the 50's, which was cool. Now, although I've not seen any of the western teams play, I get this gut feeling Amherst will take their game all the way to the NCAA final game... (Sorry Platty)
    Last edited by hockeydaddy; 03-14-2010 at 11:42 AM.

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124

    Smile Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    So here we go to Playland park for the ECAC EAST tourny, yea...

    Looking back, the Norwich women came dam close to hosting it this time. A couple or so wins more and it would of been in Northfield, and yes yes, one would of needed to be vs M'ville. But considering it's only the 3rd year, not bad....

    Umass had a pretty good run of wins after the holidays, starting with a win over Norwich back on Jan 15th, but I believe the Cadet's will not waste any time tomorrow firing cannon shots in the netting. Final score... 5-1 Norwich.

    I see where M'ville has struggled vs NEC this year, but I doubt they will allow themselves to lose this semi, as they did vs. Salve last year. Final score...
    M'ville 3, NEC 1, open net goal...

    I'll let others opin on the final game... lol

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    [QUOTE=spike;4633298]I'm not sure I can follow your logic here. It could have been a 5-2 game but wasn't because Bloom was solid in net. And, it could have been a 2-0 Middlebury win but wasn't because Leclerc is an excellent forward. Two good teams played a 2-2 tie. The mentality of "what could have been" might be one of the things that separates winners from non-winners.

    Sorry it took me so long to respond Spike...

    It's just an opinion. An opinion! Shall I say it again? I have no problem respecting yours, but under my rock, it should be a two way street.

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    139

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Can't let this thread get buried at the bottom of the heap after the ladies put together a great weekend away from home like that!! Looks like Fortin had a solid weekend as the goalie throwing back to back shutouts. Say what you want about who they played and how it happened...whatever. The bottom line is that when you get into the playoffs and you play solid D and do not give up any goals in 2 ECAC playoff games, you had a good weekend.

    Now as they enter the next round they need to continue the solid defensive play and find a way to have the staff mix in acouple of new wrinkles offensively to win from this point on. I think with their defensive system that they can play they can hold anyone close........if they all play it together. Offensively however that is another story as they move forward. They will face teams from here on out that are all solid defensively and if they hope to compete, Coach Bolding and his staff had better incorporate a couple of "trick" plays that they can run to try and get an early goal or 2 to help create a lead and make their opponent play from behind instead of the other way around. This is a good young team but when you get to the NCAA's and playing this caliber it is tough to play from behind, and Norwich has had a tough time playing from behind all year. Norwich will need to get the early lead and keep pounding at the net with good quality shots from good areas and rely on Fortin and the defence to do their part......

  8. #148
    Alfond to Ridder & rinks in between Hux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Burlington, MA
    Posts
    11,053

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Hey, remember last year when some tool was lamenting that the coaching staff wasn't out recruiting and the team would continue to languish. Wonder how that crow is tasting.

  9. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Congrats to Norwich- from a disgruntled Manhattanville supporter.

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    857

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by powerplay17 View Post
    Congrats to Norwich- from a disgruntled Manhattanville supporter.

    Speaking of disgruntled M'ville supporters,....Did Valianatfan08 jump off a bridge after the loss to NEC or what, has not been posting anywhere. I've really been concerned

  11. #151
    It wasn't so bad
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Yukon, OK
    Posts
    427

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by nbound View Post
    Speaking of disgruntled M'ville supporters,....Did Valianatfan08 jump off a bridge after the loss to NEC or what, has not been posting anywhere. I've really been concerned
    He's probably too busy fighting a visitor for saluting their fans at a rink that isn't theirs.

    I have to admit, I thought of him and laughed this weekend when Babson and Skidmore both saluted their fans after their semifinal game in the men's final four at Kreitzberg. Then Babson had the gall to do it again after they lost in the finals, with Norwich still on the ice. I kept waiting for a fight to break out, because that's what he said happens. Imagine my surprise when nothing happened...
    Go Sioux!!!
    Go Cadets!!!

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Probably somewhere on I 95
    Posts
    394

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    Hey, remember last year when some tool was lamenting that the coaching staff wasn't out recruiting and the team would continue to languish. Wonder how that crow is tasting.
    Actually -- not bad if prepared correctly...

    http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1626...240199,00.html

    This one also works with Crow:

    http://recipe.aol.com/recipe/elizabe...ea-duck/114742



    Congrats Norwich. Nice win. Great season!
    Last edited by futurestar; 03-08-2010 at 12:09 PM.

  13. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    141

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Congrats Norwich. I'm alive... Barely tho.

    Was really looking forward to Mville vs Norwich part 4.

    Tough weekend to support mville athletics,girls get upset and men got screwed out of tourney. I will be rooting for the cadets in the tournament. Hope you beat the snot out of platty.

    I am shutting my computer off until next October!!

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by valiantfan08 View Post
    Congrats Norwich. I'm alive... Barely tho.

    Was really looking forward to Mville vs Norwich part 4.

    Tough weekend to support mville athletics,girls get upset and men got screwed out of tourney. I will be rooting for the cadets in the tournament. Hope you beat the snot out of platty.

    I am shutting my computer off until next October!!
    Thanks for your support. Honestly, I was looking forward to a finals match up between Norwich and M'ville last Sunday but it wasn't meant to be it seems.

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    141

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    WOW...Way to go norwich make the ecac east proud!
    Congrats.

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    95

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by valiantfan08 View Post
    WOW...Way to go norwich make the ecac east proud!
    Congrats.
    I was at the game and I have to say that was one of the best women's hockey games I have ever seen. Plattsburgh looked really good in the first period and was all over Norwich. The second period was a draw as both teams had great chances. The third period was all Norwich. Sophie Leclerc was absoultely the best player on the ice. When Plattsburgh scored the go ahead goal I thought Norwich was done....but I give the cadets credit they didn't fold their tents and I think it just made them more determined and I swear Leclerc was on the ice for the last 4 minutes of the game.

    Congrats to Norwich for making it to the big dance. Good luck out west and make the ECAC east proud.

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh via Plattsburgh via Long Island
    Posts
    567

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyDman View Post
    I was at the game and I have to say that was one of the best women's hockey games I have ever seen. Plattsburgh looked really good in the first period and was all over Norwich. The second period was a draw as both teams had great chances. The third period was all Norwich. Sophie Leclerc was absoultely the best player on the ice. When Plattsburgh scored the go ahead goal I thought Norwich was done....but I give the cadets credit they didn't fold their tents and I think it just made them more determined and I swear Leclerc was on the ice for the last 4 minutes of the game.

    Congrats to Norwich for making it to the big dance. Good luck out west and make the ECAC east proud.
    Plattsburgh State student newspaper recap of the game...http://www.cardinalpointsonline.com/...gain-1.2190586

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Bethel Vt.
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Congrats Ladies
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by mainiac View Post
    This is a good young team but when you get to the NCAA's and playing this caliber it is tough to play from behind, and Norwich has had a tough time playing from behind all year. Norwich will need to get the early lead and keep pounding at the net with good quality shots from good areas and rely on Fortin and the defence to do their part......
    There should be no further doubt about this Norwich womens team going all the way after yesterdays win vs. Platty. Ok, Sophie Leclerc was the hero yesterday, but it could easily be someone else next weekend.

    Many thanks to all of you for your support and yes, we will make the ECAC East proud.

    Anyone got a jet we can borrow?

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    164

    Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyDman View Post
    I was at the game and I have to say that was one of the best women's hockey games I have ever seen. Plattsburgh looked really good in the first period and was all over Norwich. The second period was a draw as both teams had great chances. The third period was all Norwich. Sophie Leclerc was absoultely the best player on the ice. When Plattsburgh scored the go ahead goal I thought Norwich was done....but I give the cadets credit they didn't fold their tents and I think it just made them more determined and I swear Leclerc was on the ice for the last 4 minutes of the game.

    Congrats to Norwich for making it to the big dance. Good luck out west and make the ECAC east proud.
    I have said it on other threads and I will say it on this one......Sophie Leclerc is probably the least known great player in D3 women's hockey. This kid can contol a game even when she does not show up on the score sheet. To have the 3 year career that this kid has had and to never be mentioned for All American shows just how ludicrious this process is. Great player , but even a better kid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •