Norwich Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Granted Norwich averages 4.8 goals per game while Manhattanville averages 7.5 goals per game so maybe my prediction is a little off. I feel if Norwich's goalie Cindy Fortin can play up to her potential, this will be a close game. I was at the NCAA game against Elmira last year and she stood on her head granted she let 3 goals in but that is the type of play they need to have out of their goalies if they want to beat Manhattanville. I just see this game being played mostly in the neutral zone. But I will say this, Norwich needs to make a change, that being the PP, PK or the fore-check or all of the above if they want to beat Manhattanville if they don't I say this will be a 4-0 game in favor of MVille.

Comment

I know the MVille game will be on the web does anyone know if Umass game will be on the web? Anyone want to venture what the scores will be against Umass and MVille this weekend?

Comment

UMass vs Norwich is on fast hockey.com

Playing a system against M'ville, will bring them closer and coaching has a big part to play if Norwich has a chance. I see the score close, but M'ville impressed me at last game. They more or less intimadated 'Wich in their own rink. Go Norwich Go

Comment

Headed to UMASS and Man'ville games so I'll give you guys some feed back when I get a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
            Headed to UMASS and Man'ville games so I'll give you guys some feed back when I get a chance...
            NCAA women's hockey at UMass. Would that it were so. Former AD Bob Markum told me during a press tour of the Mullins Center in '93 that the school would have a team "within five years." Unfortunately, budget cuts at the end of the decade eliminated many varsity sports, putting the department within Title IX compliance, and shelving any plans for a women's varsity team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
              NCAA women's hockey at UMass. Would that it were so. Former AD Bob Markum told me during a press tour of the Mullins Center in '93 that the school would have a team "within five years." Unfortunately, budget cuts at the end of the decade eliminated many varsity sports, putting the department within Title IX compliance, and shelving any plans for a women's varsity team.
              Let's hope Scoot Brown gets Kennedy's seat. I've been told he's a big advocate for women's hockey.
              "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

What happened at UMB. Norwich outshoots them 43 - 22, goes 0 fer 5 on the PP and gets their lone goal in a 2 -1 loss on a shorty against a 500 team? Mark Bolding will be beside himself. Hot UMB goalie?

Things aren't going to get any easier tonight heading into M'ville...they lose this one tonight and their will be mandatory pushups for the Cadets in the parade square at 0600 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                  What happened at UMB. Norwich outshoots them 43 - 22, goes 0 fer 5 on the PP and gets their lone goal in a 2 -1 loss on a shorty against a 500 team? Mark Bolding will be beside himself. Hot UMB goalie?

Things aren't going to get any easier tonight heading into M'ville...they lose this one tonight and their will be mandatory pushups for the Cadets in the parade square at 0600 hours.

I was there and still can't quite figure out what happened... maybe it was the bad penalty call against Norwich in the last minute of the game, or no PP goals, or...

Oh well, headed to the M'ville game in a few minutes and we'll see what happens there!

Comment

Not much to say about the Norwich win vs. M'ville... we beat them all around...period.

Comment

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Norwich scored all 3 goals 5 vs 3 not sure if I would call that domination I would say Mville needs to stay out of the box(I think I counted 10 or 11 penalties) vs a good team like Norwich.

Comment

Originally posted by valiantfan08 View Post
                        Norwich scored all 3 goals 5 vs 3 not sure if I would call that domination I would say Mville needs to stay out of the box(I think I counted 10 or 11 penalties) vs a good team like Norwich.

I said "beat", not "dominate". M'villes first goal was a fluke and the 2nd was... during a 5-3 also. But overall, the differences were small.

For a second there at the end of the game, I thought Norwich had just won the NCAA championship, they were so happy. It was probably the biggest win in their young DIII history.

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
                          Let's hope Scoot Brown gets Kennedy's seat. I've been told he's a big advocate for women's hockey.
                          Oh, yeah, right.

The last thing the state university system needs is another slash and hack Republican...especially one with a kid playing basketball at BC.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
                            I'm going to predict a 2 to 1 game with Norwich finally putting up a "W" against Manhattanville. Going to be a close one...but hey let's not get too far ahead they have to play Umass first and they are coming off some big wins over Wesleyann, St. A's, NEC, and No. 10 ranked Lake Forest, this will be a closer match then the 6-0 blow out last time.
                            Well I was half right. I didn't see the Umass game but from the box scores it looks like Norwich generated lots of shots, which they are known to do but ran into a good goalie. The MVille game I watched online and like I said later on in this thread they did change their PP, PK and Forecheck and Cindy Fortin played really well...Has Norwich finally turned the corner? Well at least they have taken a step in the right direction...

The one thing I noticed in the MVille game was Norwich hit two cross bars and a post so this game could have easily been 6-2. Norwich top players Julie Fortier and Sophie Leclerc played really well...Fortier may have the best hands and shot in the East...She had two of the goals that game but the two posts could have easily gone in as well...

Comment

Great prediction on the M'ville game, and watching it on internet, it did look like the trap, which seemed to bottle neck M'ville in the neutral zone. Congrads to the team on an impressive W.

Correction : Julie had a goal and assist, while Amanda Wilks scored the winner.

Whats going to happen tomorrow night in Williamtown. I see its on internet radio. Noriwch has to keep the ball rolling and I think its great that their playing so soon after M'ville game.

Comment

Originally posted by doogie View Post
                                Great prediction on the M'ville game, and watching it on internet, it did look like the trap, which seemed to bottle neck M'ville in the neutral zone. Congrads to the team on an impressive W.

Correction : Julie had a goal and assist, while Amanda Wilks scored the winner.

Whats going to happen tomorrow night in Williamtown. I see its on internet radio. Noriwch has to keep the ball rolling and I think its great that their playing so soon after M'ville game.
                                Against high tempo teams , that in many cases, out talent you...you have to hope that you have good coaching that can make the necessary adjustments that are needed the next time around and you need to be able to "teach" that to your players in a way that they can understand. I think that by the sounds of it and talking to a couple of friends who were at the game the NU coaching staff did just that. I was told that they really slowed down and bottled up the Manhattanville offense each time it came through the neutral zone with a combination of the LW lock and the neutral zone trap.......never staying with just one plan. Nice job ladies and good job by that staff as well.....a well deserved victory. That being said they had better perfect both with the schedule of teams they have coming up (Plattsburg, Middlebury, Amherst) because those are some good teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X