Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by GHF View Post
    Disappointed that today's game is not available on the web. I caught part of Friday's game and it was fun to watch (although NEVER as good as being there. The cameras seemed to follow the puck a bit too closely.). Hope they perform well today. I'll be watching for updates once the game begins.
    Don't be disappointed that you didn't get to see it online. It was...fugly. I wouldn't want to be at practice this week. They were not good in this game, which was really surprising considering the opponent. M'ville has one heck of a good team, though.
    Go Sioux!!!
    Go Cadets!!!

Comment

Ouch! Only one more game before the break. They'll need to come back from this and finish the first half on a positive note. Second half schedule seems tougher than the first, so they'll need to be prepared.
      There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

Discussing the sad state of our economy and how the middle class's quality of life is going down the tubes would be a better topic than covering yesterdays game vs. m'ville.

I suppose one could say that the Norwich women got caught up in the hype, with the 100th year celebration thing, and that we played both games with enough tension to hold up that bridge over the river Kwai, but then excuses are like aholes, everybody's got one.

But I wouldn't be too quick to write them off. Sometimes, it takes a game like this to "reset" a team back on the right track. Just ask M'ville when they lost to Salve Regina in last seasons ECAC semi-final playoff game. Bottom line, it's better to lose one now, than when it really counts.

Comment

Any predications on how Norwich will do tomorrow against St. Mike’s? This should be a game that Norwich wins pretty easily. With that said, the beat down they received from M’Ville sometimes a team loses their drive and confidence and we will see if this is the case with Norwich. Have they learned from their mistakes and that it takes 60 minutes to win a game. I always like to see how a team rebounds after a big loss. Time will tell?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
            Any predications on how Norwich will do tomorrow against St. Mike’s?
            Not having seen either of these team's play, you can take my prediction with a grain of salt: There is no way that St. Mike's can compete with their in-state rival. If they keep it within 5 goals, I'll be surprised.

Sorry, St. Mike's...I wish I could say otherwise. But, good luck and play hard.

Comment

This year's St. Michaels team is much improved over last years team. They are tougher and extremely tenacious. That said, I'm sure that Norwich will come away with another win.

Comment

Looking at St. Mike's schedule they played So. ME, NEC and Holy Cross pretty tough and they even scored on M'ville which is one more than the cadets this year. I haven't heard any news on the cadets top player last year Sophie Leclerc any word on how she is doing this year?

Comment

I haven't heard any news on the cadets top player last year Sophie Leclerc any word on how she is doing this year?
                  I haven't seen the team play, but looking at statistics, seems she's having a productive season, with 11 points in 9 games (5g, 6a). Team scoring seems pretty balanced, with 2 players having 11 points, 2 at 10, 1 at 9 and others close behind.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

That's pretty good. Was she the All American last year for Norwich? Curious to see how the point leaders from last years team are fairing this year. With the first half of the season coming to a close Norwich seems to be doing better than last year. But I've notice the 2nd half is going to be the real test. For a third year team I must say it's good to see the ECAC East getting stronger with someone giving M'ville a run for the NCAA Bid. Keep up the good work ladies.

Comment

If there's anything the ladies figured out from last weekend, is that there's always room for improvement. In the past two seasons, at this point in the schedule, they were about 4-4... so to be at 7-1-1 now is in the right direction.

The fact that M'ville ripped them a new attitude the other day, may just serve them well going forward in the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
                        The fact that M'ville ripped them a new attitude the other day, may just serve them well going forward in the schedule.
                        Norwich just doesn't match up well against M'Ville the past three years M'Ville is 5-0 against them and has out scored Norwich by 26-5. Yet Norwich is 2-2-1 against Holy Cross and has outscored HC 14-11. While over the past three years Holy Cross is 3-2 vs. M'Ville with M'Ville outscoring HC 18-12. Just goes to show you how one team can match up well against the other.

I think one of the toughest things to do in Hockey is beat a team (that is of your caliber) three times in a year. M'Ville has a strong track record against Norwich and I put this question out here: Do you think M'ville will beat Norwich three times this year in the regular season? These teams way see each other in the ECAC Playoffs. 4 Times?

Comment

Norwich just doesn't match up well against M'Ville the past three years M'Ville is 5-0 against them and has out scored Norwich by 26-5.

I think one of the toughest things to do in Hockey is beat a team (that is of your caliber) three times in a year. M'Ville has a strong track record against Norwich and I put this question out here: Do you think M'ville will beat Norwich three times this year in the regular season?
                          It's not a question of IF but "when" Norwich beat M'ville... but first, the coaching staff and the girls need to break down why they don't match up well against them. Is it M's speed, defensive skills, aggresive in-your-face style of play? Probably a little of all.

It seemed like M'ville's whole starting line up was Canadian the other day, and taking a quick peek at their roster, I count at least 10... so I wonder if that has anything to do with their success???

Comment

Norwich just doesn't match up well against M'Ville the past three years M'Ville is 5-0 against them and has out scored Norwich by 26-5. Yet Norwich is 2-2-1 against Holy Cross and has outscored HC 14-11. While over the past three years Holy Cross is 3-2 vs. M'Ville with M'Ville outscoring HC 18-12. Just goes to show you how one team can match up well against the other.

I think one of the toughest things to do in Hockey is beat a team (that is of your caliber) three times in a year. M'Ville has a strong track record against Norwich and I put this question out here: Do you think M'ville will beat Norwich three times this year in the regular season? These teams way see each other in the ECAC Playoffs. 4 Times?
                            I would pretty much be willing to bet on all 3 going to Manhattanville. Having seen them, as I said before Norwich played them, they are bigger, more physical, and I dare say deeper and more skilled women for women. I think the next games will be closer but I still think that they will own Norwich this season as well. M'ville seems to have pretty good goaltending as well which is hard to overcome at times. Norwich got BEAT, they did not lose they got BEAT all over the ice from what I heard from some alums. I heard that they let M'ville control the way the game was played and that Norwich seemed to go in with the attitude to survive rather then dictate the way the game was played. They said that Norwich did not play confident like you would think from an undefeated team. Looking at their schedule so far I would say that they have had a pretty easy go of it and that if they plan on anything big this year they better learn to play an entire 60 minutes against every team they play, easy or not, because when you look at the stats it looks like they never play 3 periods of hockey and until they do that the problems will be exposed (especially against the big boys like Plattsburg, Middlebury and Amherst).

Comment

Originally posted by futurestar View Post
                              This year's St. Michaels team is much improved over last years team. They are tougher and extremely tenacious. That said, I'm sure that Norwich will come away with another win.
                              Also I would be willing to bet that unless Norwich puts together 3 good periods of hockey (a first for this year, at least for the 3 games that I have seen this year and from what the stats show) , looking at the results for St. Mikes games so far, this will be a very close game, maybe a 1 goal or 2 goal victory at the most. And if they do not control the way the game is played and use their team speed to really dismantle St. Mikes early and they let them hang in there........I would not rule out an upset.........just saying

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
                                It seemed like M'ville's whole starting line up was Canadian the other day, and taking a quick peek at their roster, I count at least 10... so I wonder if that has anything to do with their success???
                                Or maybe this? (from Lang Announces 16-Person Class of 2013 http://www.govaliants.com/womens/hoc...rticle_id=2995)

"As a whole, this year’s recruiting class is a very accomplished one, featuring nine team captains, eight players who led their team in scoring, and four players who stand 5-11 or taller. Geographically, the class features eight Canadians (from four provinces), seven Americans (from four states) and one Swede.

“We wanted players from programs that are used to winning hockey games,” Lang said. “We accomplished that by getting players from the top programs all across North America.”

Comment

Working...
                                X