Norwich Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Congrats to the Cadets and Coach Bolding on their 3-2 win over Midd at Kenyon this evening!

Comment

Looking forward to the trip to Norwich this weekend (I wish the Valiants were playing for the division)

If your asking me... Norwich win last night puts them in the NCAA tournament regardless of what they do in the ECAC East tourney.

WINS vs Elmira,Midd,Amherst,Plattsburgh not sure any other team has those quality wins.

Comment

Originally posted by valiantfan08 View Post
        Looking forward to the trip to Norwich this weekend (I wish the Valiants were playing for the division)

If your asking me... Norwich win last night puts them in the NCAA tournament regardless of what they do in the ECAC East tourney.

WINS vs Elmira,Midd,Amherst,Plattsburgh not sure any other team has those quality wins.
        And their only losses were to nationally ranked teams: Plattsburgh, RIT & Trinity. I don't think it puts them in the tournament, but it will definitely make a case for them because you still have three very strong teams in the ECAC West and if RIT doesn't come out as champion who knows what could happen?

By far the ECAC West is the strongest Conference in DIII hockey IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
          And their only losses were to nationally ranked teams: Plattsburgh, RIT & Trinity. I don't think it puts them in the tournament, but it will definitely make a case for them because you still have three very strong teams in the ECAC West and if RIT doesn't come out as champion who knows what could happen?

Norwich's win last night helps.

However, remember their winning percentage is hurt by the five games not counting. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Middlebury and Plattsburgh's winning percentages are still better than Norwich.

What Norwich did do last night was really help its common opponents with the Middlebury win and obviously the head to head win over the Panthers.

Norwich probably moved up to third in the regional rankings with the win.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

While the ECAC-West may be stronger at the top right now (KRACH RIT 1, Plattsburgh 2, Elmira 8) they also feature more softies than the NESCAC (KRACH Chatham 47, Buffalo State 37, Cortland 36, Potsdam 32). Granted the NESCAC has its weak sisters (KRACH Wesleyan 41, Williams 34 and Colby 33), but in a 9 team conference, as both are, I think playing tough games more frequently makes the NESCAC a better conference than ECAC-West (and I know Buffalo State beat Elmira).

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
              While the ECAC-West may be stronger at the top right now (KRACH RIT 1, Plattsburgh 2, Elmira 8) they also feature more softies than the NESCAC (KRACH Chatham 47, Buffalo State 37, Cortland 36, Potsdam 32). Granted the NESCAC has its weak sisters (KRACH Wesleyan 41, Williams 34 and Colby 33), but in a 9 team conference, as both are, I think playing tough games more frequently makes the NESCAC a better conference than ECAC-West (and I know Buffalo State beat Elmira).
              I completely agree. That being said, the ECAC West is coming along with Neuman and Oswego improving this year, and hopefully for the years to come. The difference has been the consistent strength of NESCAC year over year.

Comment

As of today's polls
                For # of teams in top ten.....yes
                BUT
                using Krach's top 25 teams
                NESCAC .666 of it's teams are in the top 25
                NCHA ..636 "
                ECACE .555 " (not counting HC, ST Mike or HC)
                ECACW .500
                MIAC .200 "

using Rutter top 25 teams
                NCHA .727 of teams in top 25
                NESAC .555 "
                ECECW .500 "
                ECACE .333 " (including ST mike, HC and At Ans) .222 not including those 3 teams
                MIAC .300 "

Averaging the two polls
                NCHA .681
                NESAC .6105
                ECACW .500
                ECACE including Rutters with the 3 teams .444, Rutters w/o .388
                MIAC .250

Comment

Originally posted by nbound View Post
                  As of today's polls
                  BUT
                  NCHA ..636 "
                  ECACW .500
                  MIAC .200 "

NESAC .555 "
                  ECECW .500 "
                  ECACE .333 " (including ST mike, HC and At Ans) .222 not including those 3 teams
                  MIAC .300 "

Averaging the two polls
                  NCHA .681
                  NESAC .6105
                  ECACW .500
                  MIAC .250
                  Tough to argue with those numbers and the fact the ECAC West and NESAC are the only ones with National Titles. Is this the year for the NCHA or ECAC E?

Comment

Tough to argue with those numbers and the fact the ECAC West and NESAC are the only ones with National Titles. Is this the year for the NCHA or ECAC E?

The NCHA may never win a National title, but, it will not diminish the fact that the NCHA conference as a whole is among the top conferences in Dlll as is the NESAC.

Comment

Originally posted by nbound View Post
                      As of today's polls
                      BUT
                      NCHA ..636 "
                      ECACW .500
                      MIAC .200 "

NESAC .555 "
                      ECECW .500 "
                      MIAC .300 "

Averaging the two polls
                      NCHA .681
                      NESAC .6105
                      ECACW .500
                      MIAC .250
                      Am I missing something here? These #'s only speak to the parity in each division and not the strength of said division as they compare to others...right?

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                        Am I missing something here? These #'s only speak to the parity in each division and not the strength of said division as they compare to others...right?
                        I know it's hard for you to stomach a conference being considered weaker than another. The point is that there is a decent chance the #8 team in the NCHA Could beat the #1 seed in the playoffs. That would never happen in the ecac west
                        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                          I know it's hard for you to stomach a conference being considered weaker than another. The point is that there is a decent chance the #8 team in the NCHA Could beat the #1 seed in the playoffs. That would never happen in the ecac west
                          Whilst your speaking for nbound perhaps you can elaborate then on his previous posting that..."...the NCHA as a whole is among the top conferences in DIII....."

Is among them in what? Parity, competition, travel distance to opponents ... er what?
                          Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 02-16-2011, 06:13 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                            , travel distance to opponents ... er what?
                            they're definitely number 1 there
                            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                              they're definitely number 1 there
                              Boy, yeah!!

I did that math, and to say "our college dollars go further in the MidWest" was an understatement!!!

Long, LONG bus rides!

Comment

So...

About those Cadets....

It's been nice to see how much this team has grown from Mid-October to now. Even with the loss of Kayla Lascelle on defense, the young d-core has bucked up and played well in the face of adversity.

Caitie Banfield has transitioned nicely onto the blue line and opened up a forward spot that has been a highly contested battle for that spot in the lineup.

Cindy Fortin has taken her game to another level in between the pipes as she so often does in the second half of the season over the course of her four-year career.

The Cadets have set themselves up nicely to host the ECAC East tournament for the first time and avoid a potential NEC/Manhattanville game until the finals. They'll also have the opportunity to get revenge on Salve Regina in the semifinals if they do end up meeting as well.

Hopefully they don't fall to the same fate Manhattanville has the past two seasons that they won the regular season title.

The line of Julie Fortier/Melissa Rundlett/Renee Lortie being put together has been a HUGE part of the winning streak. These three have just clicked and they seem to be getting better with every game. Norwich for the first time has a true set of top-six forwards where any one of them can hurt you.

Big game this weekend against Manhattanville. Gotta get the Valiant monkey off their back and get a W. Manhattanville leads the all-time series 6-1.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X