Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post

M'ville game could end up being the biggest game of the year, considering it may decide home ice advantage for the ECAC playoffs, not to mention the momentum factor. ( truth be told, I hate that drive to Playland )

Looks like the Valiants solved that driving problem all by themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
      Looks like the Valiants solved that driving problem all by themselves!
      Tell me about it. What's going on down there. Injuries? Sickness? Coaching?

Comment

Tell me about it. What's going on down there. Injuries? Sickness? Coaching?
        The answer to your question must come from someone closer to their program than I. They skate a talented bunch and certainly played Elmira and Trinity close early in the season, although, had Conn not chosen to sit their leading scorer last Tuesday, might not have had a win up in New London over a mid-pack NESCAC team. I am sure no one will want to end up in their bracket in the ECAC-East playoffs, but they do not seem to get the results that their talent level should equal on a consistent basis (regretably similar to my beloved Polar Bears). I am sure that is a bitter pill for a program that made the NCAAs for seven straight seasons (and has now missed out the past two seasons).

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy
          ( truth be told, I hate that drive to Playland )
          But you do have to admit that having to make that drive has worked out pretty well the last couple of years...
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Well it seems that according to the PSU website... http://athletics.plymouth.edu/news/2010-11/20110201_PPD ... they will not make the 2 hr trip to Kreitzberg today ( because of a little snow ) although the final decision is still up in the air ... stay tuned.

Comment

Well it seems that according to the PSU website... http://athletics.plymouth.edu/news/2010-11/20110201_PPD ... they will not make the 2 hr trip to Kreitzberg today ( because of a little snow ) although the final decision is still up in the air ... stay tuned.
              Canceled.

Stay tuned for make-up date. Monday February 7th is being explored.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                The answer to your question must come from someone closer to their program than I. They skate a talented bunch and certainly played Elmira and Trinity close early in the season, although, had Conn not chosen to sit their leading scorer last Tuesday, might not have had a win up in New London over a mid-pack NESCAC team. I am sure no one will want to end up in their bracket in the ECAC-East playoffs, but they do not seem to get the results that their talent level should equal on a consistent basis (regretably similar to my beloved Polar Bears). I am sure that is a bitter pill for a program that made the NCAAs for seven straight seasons (and has now missed out the past two seasons).
                People forget that Mville has one of the youngest rosters in the country (although talented) they play very inconsistent. They have only 2 seniors and 1 junior that play regularly. No excuses, but that is certainly a reason they can be so good some games and not so good on other days. In there 2 bad losses (ECAC EAST) they outshot NEC 43-15 and UMASS BOSTON 48- 24. I have seen this team dominate Plattsburgh,Norwich,Trinity, and Elmira at times. I would still bet Norwich would rather play NEC or Salve Regina in the ECAC Championship again!

Comment

Feature story on Julie Fortier and her recent accomplishment of 50 career goals and 100 career points.

Fortier Helps Spark Winning Tradition for NU Women's Hockey Program
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Feature story on Julie Fortier and her recent accomplishment of 50 career goals and 100 career points.

Fortier Helps Spark Winning Tradition for NU Women's Hockey Program
                    Julie is a good kid. She took elementary statistics from me her Freshman year (which was my "senior" year). A little quiet, but very focused
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Wow, RIT finally gets a loss!? Could they lose again to Elmira? Can this affect their ranking? And on the flip side, Plymouth gets their first win? Can it be possible the world is turning upside down? ( at least the magnetic field) What do you think Prez...

Comment

Wow, RIT finally gets a loss!? Could they lose again to Elmira? Can this affect their ranking? And on the flip side, Plymouth gets their first win? Can it be possible the world is turning upside down? ( at least the magnetic field) What do you think Prez...
                        All I'm worried about is Tuesday's game at the Kenyon. We need it. Big time.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

I do agree, and couple that with an Elmira win over RIT next weekend and it becomes interesting.

Comment

I do agree, and couple that with an Elmira win over RIT next weekend and it becomes interesting.
                            Yes it does. or a RIT loss in the ECAC W Tournament.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

This is a big week for the cadets. Middlebury on Tuesday then MVille on Saturday. Congrats to the girls for locking up their first regular season title!! Now can the men lock up theirs...makes for a great hockey weekend at the Norwich. I'm curious to see how Norwich and MVille matchup...I think Norwich has only beaten them once since Norwich came on the seen and I do not believe they have beaten them at home...Going to be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
                                This is a big week for the cadets. Middlebury on Tuesday then MVille on Saturday. Congrats to the girls for locking up their first regular season title!! Now can the men lock up theirs...makes for a great hockey weekend at the Norwich. I'm curious to see how Norwich and MVille matchup...I think Norwich has only beaten them once since Norwich came on the seen and I do not believe they have beaten them at home...Going to be a good one.
                                That is correct.

Manhattanville is 6-1 against Norwich all-time and a lot of the scores haven't even been close.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X