• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

My cowbell is packed.

Comment

In reviewing this past weekends D3 results, one that stood out was the Amherst vs RIT match up ( RIT won both) and it came as no real surprise but more of a confirmation that they may just be the team to beat this year.

With Fridays matchup of Norwich vs. Platty fast approaching, I can only imagine coach Bolding and Houle are a tidbit anxious to figure out the winning combo. IMHO, the team who possesses the greatest of confidence will be the victor, all else being equal.

Any predictions??
      Last edited by hockeydaddy; 11-29-2010, 06:18 AM. Reason: hit the wrong key

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
        In reviewing this past weekends D3 results, one that stood out was the Amherst vs RIT match up ( RIT won both) and it came as no real surprise but more of a confirmation that they may just be the team to beat this year.

With Fridays matchup of Norwich vs. Platty fast approaching, I can only imagine coach Bolding and Houle are a tidbit anxious to figure out the winning combo. IMHO, the team who possesses the greatest of confidence will be the victor, all else being equal.

Any predictions??
        Norwich's goaltending will have to improve in order to beat the Cards.

Plattsburgh hasn't really faced any competition so far so the Cadets have that going for them that they have played Elmira and RIT earlier in the season.

The Cadets will need to be at their best in order to win though. Plattsburgh will have plenty to play for after the way Sophie Leclerc ended the Cards' season last year on home ice in the NCAA Quarters.

I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting Trots and his bells
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Any predictions??
          Well I am a Norwich fan, but also a realist and I truly believe that Platty will be out for revenge over last years defeat. I think this will be a game that Norwich may not be ready for and may get caught flat footed. I think that their young D have not seen enough teams of this caliber yet and they may not adapt to the speed that Platty brings and they may get turned throughout the evening. I believe Norwich will have trouble goaltending wise as well. I have only seen 1 game (USM) but have followed other games and Ms. Fortin, who has played very well in the past for Norwich, is not having a stellar year between the pipes so far and I believe this will be another downfall for the cadets....don't be surprised if she gets pulled and Bolding tries one of the youngsters in the hopes of sparking the team.......I hate to say it but I will have to say Platty wins this one by 3 or more. Norwich faithful , don't hate.....I just think that from the 1 game I have seen and the from the reports I have had on the others.....that this team still has some issues to work on......

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
            Well I am a Norwich fan, but also a realist and I truly believe that Platty will be out for revenge over last years defeat. I think this will be a game that Norwich may not be ready for and may get caught flat footed. I think that their young D have not seen enough teams of this caliber yet and they may not adapt to the speed that Platty brings and they may get turned throughout the evening. I believe Norwich will have trouble goaltending wise as well. I have only seen 1 game (USM) but have followed other games and Ms. Fortin, who has played very well in the past for Norwich, is not having a stellar year between the pipes so far and I believe this will be another downfall for the cadets....don't be surprised if she gets pulled and Bolding tries one of the youngsters in the hopes of sparking the team.......I hate to say it but I will have to say Platty wins this one by 3 or more. Norwich faithful , don't hate.....I just think that from the 1 game I have seen and the from the reports I have had on the others.....that this team still has some issues to work on......
            I think the Saint Anselm game was a wake-up call for the team.

St. A's is no slouch and provided the Cadets the best opponent they had faced in almost a full month after playing five straight games against relatively weak competition.

The St. A's game couldn't have come at a better time IMHO. It was a good transition game that let the team know it's time to pick up their game again or they'll lose their next three games.

They had a week off to refocus their efforts and I have to imagine they'll be healthy and ready for the Cardinals. I don't see either team winning the game by more than two goals baring a melt down.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

OK...I'll be the first to say it, Norwich fans. As an idle team, you drop a spot and the former No. 1 team got more losses in one weekend than you've gotten all season, yet the Cadets drop from 4 to 5 nationally and Amherst remains in the top 3? Two idle teams got surpassed in the rankings this week. Makes no sense to me in any way at all.

Comment

Maybe you can help me understand this.... Sophie LeClerc...

2004 UVM NCAA
                2005 Norwich ACHA
                2006 Norwich ACHA
                2007 Norwich NCAA
                2008 Norwich NCAA
                2009 Norwich NCAA
                2010 Norwich NCAA

How much eligibility does one get?

Comment

Don't have all the facts in front of me, but I'm quite certain by her bio on Norwich's site that she was still in HS in 2005. And I believe she never actually played for UVM - never reported on the roster (too injured IIRC).

Not sure where you are getting this info...

Originally posted by RI401 View Post

2004 UVM NCAA
                  2005 Norwich ACHA
                  2006 Norwich ACHA
                  2007 Norwich NCAA
                  2008 Norwich NCAA
                  2009 Norwich NCAA
                  2010 Norwich NCAA

Comment

Any predictions??
                    I predict a 5-1 win for *Norwich with Sophie getting all 5 goals and 3 assists...
                    Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 11-30-2010, 10:48 AM. Reason: forgot asterik

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
                      OK...I'll be the first to say it, Norwich fans. As an idle team, you drop a spot and the former No. 1 team got more losses in one weekend than you've gotten all season, yet the Cadets drop from 4 to 5 nationally and Amherst remains in the top 3? Two idle teams got surpassed in the rankings this week. Makes no sense to me in any way at all.
                      Gustavus passed Norwich by a point. That could have been the result of a different ballot being used or someone dropped Amherst in between Norwich and Gustavus. Although Norwich has one loss to Amherst's two, Amherst beat Norwich pretty handily in the finals last year and I'm sure that is part of the reason why they are still ranked ahead.

Regardless, the rankings mean little to nothing at this point. Norwich can prove on the ice on Friday night if they are worthy of being higher with a tough test against Plattsburgh. They'll get two more chances the following weekend with Trinity and Amherst.

If Norwich makes it through that little gauntlet with a 2-1 record, I'll be happy.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by RI401 View Post

2004 UVM NCAA
                        2005 Norwich ACHA
                        2006 Norwich ACHA
                        2007 Norwich NCAA
                        2008 Norwich NCAA
                        2009 Norwich NCAA
                        2010 Norwich NCAA

She was on the 05-06 UVM recruit list:

Vermont
                        Sophie Leclerc-D (Spaulding)
                        Jessica Murphy-F (Hill-Murray) [MN]
                        Dani Ramirez-D (CA Selects)
                        Sarah Smiddy F (Honeybaked)

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                          I predict a 5-1 win for *Norwich with Sophie getting all 5 goals and 3 assists...
                          I think you need to take your pointy little head back to the timeout corner for another month...

Comment

Thanks for digging up the details.

So, she got the 6th year. As I recall, she never suited up for UVM due to medical issues (well documented I understand) and the NCAA generally gives the extra year for genuine medical reasons.
                            Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                            She was on the 05-06 UVM recruit list:

Vermont
                            Sophie Leclerc-D (Spaulding)
                            Jessica Murphy-F (Hill-Murray) [MN]
                            Dani Ramirez-D (CA Selects)
                            Sarah Smiddy F (Honeybaked)

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                              I think you need to take your pointy little head back to the timeout corner for another month...
                              Geez Seyless...would you make up your mind. One thread your wishing I was back and now this?

You need some help oldtimer..

http://www.alzheimer.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                                Geez Seyless...would you make up your mind. One thread your wishing I was back and now this?

You need some help oldtimer..

http://www.alzheimer.ca/
                                FYI...my grandmother, father, and aunt all died from Alzheimers...know you're just kidding though...just sayin...

Comment

Working...
                                X