Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by Yelnick View Post
    Ok, I have to ask. Who is in charge of the music between periods at the women's games? Someone might want to have a second look at the playlist. I'm usually not one for throwing out complaints about stuff like that, but remember there are children that go to these games, too. Some of that music might not be very appropriate for the venue. "You Gotta Lick It" and "Short D***ed Man" aren't songs that I expect to hear at a college hockey game with my family.
    Should we have "like a G-6....like a G-6" instead repeated about 200 times over the course of a song?
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Finally, something controversial on the boards to talk about. Just didn't think it would be the between period song selection. I think a poll is in order. What music is acceptable and what should be played? I'll vote for Rick James " Shes such a kinky girl" Great tune and you can dance to it. On Dick Clark they would have given it a 92. Or perhaps a little Edith Piaf for all the WWII veterans. No, more appropriate would be John Wayne The march of the Green Berets. Please, don't stop me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwanman View Post
        Finally, something controversial on the boards to talk about. Just didn't think it would be the between period song selection. I think a poll is in order. What music is acceptable and what should be played? I'll vote for Rick James " Shes such a kinky girl" Great tune and you can dance to it. On Dick Clark they would have given it a 92. Or perhaps a little Edith Piaf for all the WWII veterans. No, more appropriate would be John Wayne The march of the Green Berets. Please, don't stop me now.
        Oh, you can stop, now.

By the way, the Rick James song is "Super Freak" and "Ballad of the Green Berets" was part of a soundtrack for a John Wayne film, but he didn't have anything to do with the record. As for Piaf, the "Sparrow," good for you. Regret nothing!

Comment

You mean John Wayne never sang that song? Ah, no regrets. Super Freak? I thought that was "You can't touch this" by a ball boy from Calli.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwanman View Post
            You mean John Wayne never sang that song? Ah, no regrets. Super Freak? I thought that was "You can't touch this" by a ball boy from Calli.
            What about "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer?

Comment

I can't believe that there isn't a goal tending coach on every team at this level. If the NHL goalies still require coaches, how can anyone think that they are not necessary here? I know it was constantly a point of conversation with my daughter when she was at Elmira. Goaltending is a very technical position,and things like positioning, angles,stance, placement and angle of the stick,etc are crucial elements which require practice that most regular coaches ignore or don't know anything about.
              It is the least forgiving position, and most mistakes most often end up in a goal for the other team. Anyone else who makes a mistake,has the chance that the goalie will bail them out.
              My daughter once had a coach that told her that "Your job is to stop the puck. How hard can that be". Unfortunately, there is no shortage of that kind of brilliance in hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by goaliecoach View Post
                I can't believe that there isn't a goal tending coach on every team at this level. If the NHL goalies still require coaches, how can anyone think that they are not necessary here? I know it was constantly a point of conversation with my daughter when she was at Elmira. Goaltending is a very technical position,and things like positioning, angles,stance, placement and angle of the stick,etc are crucial elements which require practice that most regular coaches ignore or don't know anything about.
                It is the least forgiving position, and most mistakes most often end up in a goal for the other team. Anyone else who makes a mistake,has the chance that the goalie will bail them out.
                My daughter once had a coach that told her that "Your job is to stop the puck. How hard can that be". Unfortunately, there is no shortage of that kind of brilliance in hockey.
                Life is timing I guess...Elmira has a pretty good goalie coach now.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Should we have "like a G-6....like a G-6" instead repeated about 200 times over the course of a song?
                  On second thought, I want to hear Buck Owens sing... " There Gonna Put Me In The Movies ".

Happy Turkey Day..

Comment

[QUOTE=goaliecoach;4940800]I can't believe that there isn't a goal tending coach on every team at this level. (snip) QUOTE]

It's actually not that hard to figure out - some of the D3 coaches aren't full-time THEMSELVES. I would suspect that many schools have limited budgets that don't allow them to keep a goaltending coach on staff. That would mean that they'd have to let go one of the 47 coaches on the football teams in order to cover the cost...

Comment

[QUOTE=FranchisePlayer;4943757]
                      Originally posted by goaliecoach View Post
                      I can't believe that there isn't a goal tending coach on every team at this level. (snip) QUOTE]

It's actually not that hard to figure out - some of the D3 coaches aren't full-time THEMSELVES. I would suspect that many schools have limited budgets that don't allow them to keep a goaltending coach on staff. That would mean that they'd have to let go one of the 47 coaches on the football teams in order to cover the cost...
                      In Norwich's case...we have eight coaches for 120 players. That's probably not even enough for the amount of players on our team.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by goaliecoach View Post
                        I can't believe that there isn't a goal tending coach on every team at this level.
                        They don't have goalie coaches most of the time at the DI level either. A team is lucky if one of the coaches played goalie at some point before coaching.
                        GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

[QUOTE=PrezdeJohnson09;4943765]
                          Originally posted by FranchisePlayer View Post

In Norwich's case...we have eight coaches for 120 players. That's probably not even enough for the amount of players on our team.
                          That's just the women's team...right?

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
                            They don't have goalie coaches most of the time at the DI level either. A team is lucky if one of the coaches played goalie at some point before coaching.
                            That is a serious concern for some D1 Goalie parents.

Comment

Ironic how the Norwich men lose to Platty yesterday in the last couple of minutes of the 3rd. Reminds me of a game late last season where the Norwich Women had a similar game, but finished with a win.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
                                Ironic how the Norwich men lose to Platty yesterday in the last couple of minutes of the 3rd. Reminds me of a game late last season where the Norwich Women had a similar game, but finished with a win.
                                good one....DAD. geez get over it already. one win doesn't define a career or a program. enjoy watching the games and move on.
                                Last edited by nyi19; 11-28-2010, 05:46 PM. Reason: my better judgment

Comment

Working...
                                X