X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

[/INDENT]
    Originally posted by Hock77 View Post
    still a month of waiting for the first big show....any rumblings in the hills yet..........
    The roster is set........
    The BIG weekend is near..........
    CADETS will show their "SECRETS"
    "Lets get ready to RUMBLE".......................

Comment

Originally posted by Hock77 View Post
      [/INDENT]

The roster is set........
      The BIG weekend is near..........
      CADETS will show their "SECRETS"
      "Lets get ready to RUMBLE".......................
      These Cadets are good...Scaaarrrry good.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        These Cadets are good...Scaaarrrry good.
        I'm gonna have to keep my knees from trembling until I see a crooked number in the "W" column when the weekend is over.

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
          I'm gonna have to keep my knees from trembling until I see a crooked number in the "W" column when the weekend is over.
          Fair assumption.

But don't say I didn't tell you so if it happens.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

So how do you see this weekend play out?
            I feel Norwich has the team to beat if they have answered their goaltending issues.
            Elmira has the goaltending but must rely on first years to step right in and produce.
            RIT has a great goal scorer and is probably the hungriest as they feel they got really hosed the past 2 seasons.
            NEC has the best 11-13-3 goalie (with a .932% while facing 761 shots last season) but can they avoid 2 losses?

Comment

Norwich: 2-0
              RIT: 1-1
              Elmira 1-1
              NEC 0-2

Depth is a wonderful wonderful thing....I'm very intrigued to see what the other three teams bring to the table. Don't forget....Norwich poached what would be EC's second best returning goal scorer.

If you're coming this weekend obserbear...I highly suggest keeping an eye out on 27, 22, 15, and 14. You already know all there is to know about 9 and 7.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Who gets the nod in net for Norwich?

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                  My guess would be #30... throwing a freshman in the ring of fire might be asking a little too much no?

Comment

That I don't know. But i'd be shocked if Fortin didn't at least start the R.I.T. game and then make an adjustment the next night if needed.

The other two goalies I think will challenge for a bit more time this year though unless Fortin really gets on a roll like she has shown she can do in the past.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

So how do you see this weekend play out?
                      I feel Norwich has the team to beat if they have answered their goaltending issues.
                      Elmira has the goaltending but must rely on first years to step right in and produce.
                      RIT has a great goal scorer and is probably the hungriest as they feel they got really hosed the past 2 seasons.
                      NEC has the best 11-13-3 goalie (with a .932% while facing 761 shots last season) but can they avoid 2 losses?
                      I guess I need to ask what kind of "Goaltending" issues you can have when you go to the NCAA finals with the same goalie that you have had for your only 3 years in existance??? She took them to the playoffs their 1st season, to the NCAA Quarters in her 2nd season and to the Finals in her 3rd season. I believe she has over a .900 career save percentage....so what is Norwich's Goaltending Issue? Fortin is a very good goalie....and now with Fisk and the young lady from Dawson...it is a very deep position.

This team is deep and this team will be good......This team is well coached in all aspects of the game and if they lose this weekend it will be due to the fact that it is early in the season and the systems are not in place or the players simply do not play up to their capabilities.....it will not be due to a lack of talent........

Comment

Originally posted by EQMGR View Post
                        This team is deep and this team will be good......This team is well coached in all aspects of the game and if they lose this weekend it will be due to the fact that it is early in the season and the systems are not in place or the players simply do not play up to their capabilities.....it will not be due to a lack of talent........
                        So ... if they lose, there is no possibility that it could be because the other teams is actually (gasp) better than Norwich? Aren't ALL of the teams playing "early in the season" and without their systems fully in place?

On another note - are they selling tickets for this weekend? Can they be bought ahead of time? Prices? Thanks in advance for any info...

Comment

Originally posted by FranchisePlayer View Post
                          So ... if they lose, there is no possibility that it could be because the other teams is actually (gasp) better than Norwich? Aren't ALL of the teams playing "early in the season" and without their systems fully in place?

On another note - are they selling tickets for this weekend? Can they be bought ahead of time? Prices? Thanks in advance for any info...
                          Found the ticket info online. If anyone else is interested, you can buy ahead of time online at: http://cadetstickets.universityticke...t_listings.asp

Looks like tix are $5/day for adults and $2/day for kids.

Comment

I apologize for any perceived slight.
                            Historically the lowest saves % of any team and starting goalie winning the NCAA women's DIII title has been Middlebury's Kogut with .917 in '05-'06 (and she did not play in 6 "soft" contests...the team saves % was .927 for the season). Typically championship teams feature saves % in the .940 range.
                            I know Norwich is a very talented team and expect they will be in the hunt for the title this season.

Comment

2010 East/West Hockey Classic Game Program

Drop the puck.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Norwich: 2-0
                                RIT: 1-1
                                Elmira 1-1
                                NEC 0-2

Depth is a wonderful wonderful thing....I'm very intrigued to see what the other three teams bring to the table. Don't forget....Norwich poached what would be EC's second best returning goal scorer.

If you're coming this weekend obserbear...I highly suggest keeping an eye out on 27, 22, 15, and 14. You already know all there is to know about 9 and 7.
                                Don't forget the All American on defense 16.

Comment

Working...
                                X