Norwich Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Howie Draper brought in Judy Diduck onto the U of A team in 2001 at the age of 35 and after she retired from Team Canada. Very few spots are open every year at the few universities in the west so you can imagine how all the eager grade 12 students felt. My memory fails me but somethings nagging me she wasnt the only plus 30 he brought in from the national team at that time. I agree there should be an age limit in the CIS.

Comment

Originally posted by chinook View Post
      Howie Draper brought in Judy Diduck onto the U of A team in 2001 at the age of 35 and after she retired from Team Canada. Very few spots are open every year at the few universities in the west so you can imagine how all the eager grade 12 students felt. My memory fails me but somethings nagging me she wasnt the only plus 30 he brought in from the national team at that time. I agree there should be an age limit in the CIS.
      I've heard rumors that Wick may show up some day in one of these places. One of the two 30 years olds at McGill is a rookie there.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        Not sure if the Norwich folks have seen this..if not enjoy!

Love the bit where Sophie say's she's old....

Part # 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjxaHFzy7DM

Part # 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq3UD...eature=related

Part # 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTbOy...eature=related

Outstanding video! Nice find 5 4.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

No, no problem with the Norwich team, well coached and they are competitors....The parents/fans are another story.

I think I'm starting to get the picture however. The victory lap, another year of tuition and a stream of lobbyists.... all in the name of securing All American status.

All American caliber is achieved through exemplary play...not longevity.
          Lest you think Sophie's graduate student status is anything but legit, you might want to read this.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

On the hockey subject.....I have heard rumors that there may be a transfer from Elmira named Jill Debus that may be making her way to Norwich next season........anyone confirm or deny that rumor??

If true I would think that would be a very good addition to add to the list of current OHA recruits and the returning core....with of course Ms. LeClerc.

If what they say about the goaltending situation is true, it could be a mess with that many goalies in camp and even though it is good to have competition I would think that the 2 returners might be a bit angry that 3 more or whatever are coming in before their time at Norwich is over. I mean both goalies played pretty well last season and I could see bringing in one this year so they could get their feet wet but 3????? I predict there may be some desention between the pipes at the "wich" next season.

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
              On the hockey subject.....I have heard rumors that there may be a transfer from Elmira named Jill Debus that may be making her way to Norwich next season........anyone confirm or deny that rumor??

If true I would think that would be a very good addition to add to the list of current OHA recruits and the returning core....with of course Ms. LeClerc.

If what they say about the goaltending situation is true, it could be a mess with that many goalies in camp and even though it is good to have competition I would think that the 2 returners might be a bit angry that 3 more or whatever are coming in before their time at Norwich is over. I mean both goalies played pretty well last season and I could see bringing in one this year so they could get their feet wet but 3????? I predict there may be some desention between the pipes at the "wich" next season.
              Debus is on De Bus to somewhere. Can't confirm or deny it's Norwich but she won't be in the Purple and Gold this year.

There are going to be a lot of angry parents and players at Norwich this year....

Comment

There are going to be a lot of angry parents and players at Norwich this year....
                And that's different how?

Comment

As I don't visit this forum much during the off season, it took a few minutes to catch up on some of the bull out there. Boy oh boy....

Anyway, as far as we know, Jill is coming to Norwich this fall. I hope it will be a good fit for her.

Comment

Originally posted by futurestar View Post
                    And that's different how?
                    What's the necessity of that dig?

Comment

Debus is on De Bus to somewhere. Can't confirm or deny it's Norwich but she won't be in the Purple and Gold this year.

If you are implying that this player causes problems with teammates and such I will tell you now that that will not be a problem on a team coached by Coach Bolding. Players love to play for him and he is what players would call "a players coach" ........................to a point. When someone starts to be a problem it is addressed and taken care of.....Coach Bolding will not have it and he is a creative enough coach to remove a player from his systems and still win games......done it in the past and he will continue to do it. This is a team that has very few internal problems in it's history and my guess is that when & if this players does show up at Norwich she will love the school the program the supportive community and playing for a Coach like Mark Bolding.

Comment

Originally posted by EQMGR View Post
                        If you are implying that this player causes problems with teammates and such I will tell you now that that will not be a problem on a team coached by Coach Bolding. Players love to play for him and he is what players would call "a players coach" ........................to a point. When someone starts to be a problem it is addressed and taken care of.....Coach Bolding will not have it and he is a creative enough coach to remove a player from his systems and still win games......done it in the past and he will continue to do it. This is a team that has very few internal problems in it's history and my guess is that when & if this players does show up at Norwich she will love the school the program the supportive community and playing for a Coach like Mark Bolding.
                        That isn't what I was implying at all,

Your thinking too much...take the rest of the summer off.

Comment

Originally posted by EQMGR View Post
                          Easy there Equipment Guy... no one is slagging the Emporer coach Bolding here.... listen I'm no Einstein like you but even i can see where a returning roster of approx. 22 , numerous recruits and a 5 goalie rotation might cause a little internal strife but I'm sure the Messiah will sooth everyones bruised egos and all will be good in Kool Aid land when its said in done.
                          Looks like you'll be a busy guy though, keeping 30 sets of equipment all sorted out, trying to figure out who's playing that night and what 10 are sitting.... man I wouldnt want your job!
                          I'll have a little private tete de tete with my pal the fiver and ask him to quit posting on the Norwich site cause he's hurting peoples feelings.... you'll have enough of that to deal with once the season starts

Comment

Originally posted by 2 for chirping View Post
                            Easy there Equipment Guy... no one is slagging the Emporer coach Bolding here.... listen I'm no Einstein like you but even i can see where a returning roster of approx. 22 , numerous recruits and a 5 goalie rotation might cause a little internal strife but I'm sure the Messiah will sooth everyones bruised egos and all will be good in Kool Aid land when its said in done.
                            Looks like you'll be a busy guy though, keeping 30 sets of equipment all sorted out, trying to figure out who's playing that night and what 10 are sitting.... man I wouldnt want your job!
                            I'll have a little private tete de tete with my pal the fiver and ask him to quit posting on the Norwich site cause he's hurting peoples feelings.... you'll have enough of that to deal with once the season starts:rolleyes:
                            Fascinating that NU draws all these snipes - jealousy maybe? A three year old program getting slammed like a long term power. The whole program is still taking shape. We don't know at this point exactly how many and who among those eligible to return actually will return, and how many of the projected recruits will actually turn up. There is a phenomenon that admissions departments call "summer melt" and it may well apply here. Mark is a smart guy, and I'm quite sure that he has a good idea what he is doing here.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Fascinating that NU draws all these snipes - jealousy maybe? A three year old program getting slammed like a long term power. The whole program is still taking shape. We don't know at this point exactly how many and who among those eligible to return actually will return, and how many of the projected recruits will actually turn up. There is a phenomenon that admissions departments call "summer melt" and it may well apply here. Mark is a smart guy, and I'm quite sure that he has a good idea what he is doing here.
                              Quite seriously I'm sure he does. He also appears to run a very classy program packed with some excellent athletes. We need more like that.

If you want to know what irks people about Norwich just look back at that classless display by the parents at both Plattsburgh and St.Peter Mn.
                              If your a parent and were part of that then shame on you.
                              I know there are those that try to justify it but its not possible.
                              Kool Aid drinkers like Equipment Guy dont help either but he appears beyond hope.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 for chirping View Post
                                Quite seriously I'm sure he does. He also appears to run a very classy program packed with some excellent athletes. We need more like that.

If you want to know what irks people about Norwich just look back at that classless display by the parents at both Plattsburgh and St.Peter Mn.
                                If your a parent and were part of that then shame on you.
                                I know there are those that try to justify it but its not possible.
                                Kool Aid drinkers like Equipment Guy dont help either but he appears beyond hope.
                                Don't know anything about that. I was in Lake Placid and Northfield. I've heard rumors, but the last time I checked, players aren't responsible for their parents' behavior, nor is the program. Out of total ignorance, I'm willing to believe it was in the nature of never having been there before and not handling the victories with as much class as the players and staff did.

Comment

Working...
                                X