Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
    Sophie Leclerc will be playing for Norwich this upcoming season as a grad studend in her 4th year of NCAA ... no if's, and's or buts...

Well....whoof-de-doo!

How old is this women?
    Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 06-05-2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
      How old is this women?
      Probably less than half your age ! (And that would be flattering to you )

Comment

Well....whoof-de-doo!

How old is this women?
        She may be 1 year older then any other grad student would be. I am guessing that you are not a Norwich fan and are maybe, for some reason, sour that someone who is one of the top 2 or 3 players at the D3 level is coming back to play for another season for Norwich.......a season that she has coming to her as an NCAA athlete. Granted I am a Norwich fan, but more than that, a fan of women's hockey......and anytime a player the caliber of this kid is playing, at the D3 women's level, it is great for the sport.

No one questions it when on the men's side a kid comes in as a 22 or 23 year old freshman and plays until he is 26 or 27!!!!! Four years is four years.................

I hope Sophie finally gets the recognition that she deserves and that fans and the coaches finally realize what everyone who has ever seen her play realizes.......that even if she does not lead the nation in points, that she is one of those players that make things happen out there and that she controls the tempo and style of the game being played and that is what should have made her an All American for the last two years......kid averages something like 35+ points a year over her 3 years and has never been mentioned as an All American....thats a good one........maybe this year coaches will be forced to see that......I think Kevin Houle knows who she is and what type of player she is so if any of them are confused maybe they could give him a call.
        Last edited by EQMGR; 06-07-2010, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EQMGR View Post
          She may be 1 year older then any other grad student would be. I am guessing that you are not a Norwich fan and are maybe, for some reason, sour that someone who is one of the top 2 or 3 players at the D3 level is coming back to play for another season for Norwich.......a season that she has coming to her as an NCAA athlete. Granted I am a Norwich fan, but more than that, a fan of women's hockey......and anytime a player the caliber of this kid is playing, at the D3 women's level, it is great for the sport.

No one questions it when on the men's side a kid comes in as a 22 or 23 year old freshman and plays until he is 26 or 27!!!!! Four years is four years.................

I hope Sophie finally gets the recognition that she deserves and that fans and the coaches finally realize what everyone who has ever seen her play realizes.......that even if she does not lead the nation in points, that she is one of those players that make things happen out there and that she controls the tempo and style of the game being played and that is what should have made her an All American for the last two years......kid averages something like 35+ points a year over her 3 years and has never been mentioned as an All American....thats a good one........maybe this year coaches will be forced to see that......I think Kevin Houle knows who she is and what type of player she is so if any of them are confused maybe they could give him a call.
          No, no problem with the Norwich team, well coached and they are competitors....The parents/fans are another story.

I think I'm starting to get the picture however. The victory lap, another year of tuition and a stream of lobbyists.... all in the name of securing All American status.

All American caliber is achieved through exemplary play...not longevity.

Comment

No, no problem with the Norwich team, well coached and they are competitors....The parents/fans are another story.

I think I'm starting to get the picture however. The victory lap, another year of tuition and a stream of lobbyists.... all in the name of securing All American status.

All American caliber is achieved through exemplary play...not longevity.
            I would be curious to see how many Division III players (men and women) broke the 100 point mark in only three years....and you bring up exemplary play....ya good call.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
              I would be curious to see how many Division III players (men and women) broke the 100 point mark in only three years....and you bring up exemplary play....ya good call.
              EC 09-10 leading scorer Jenna McCall 107 points in first 3 years
              EC 08-09 leading scorer Kayla Coady 111 points in first 3 years

just to name two...

Comment

Breaching the 100 point mark in the ECAC East is entirely different than doing the same in the ECAC West. Another good call....

Comment

Current Players for RIT:
                  Sarah Dagg - 112 in three years
                  Katie Stack - 98 in three years (close enough). She might break the 100 point mark in Norwich early next year.

Former Tigers (only 1 All-American)
                  Isabelle Richard 102/3years, 130 career
                  Alysia Park 123/3years, 153 career
                  Kasie Strong 111/3years, 136 career
                  Kendra Bredlau 92/3years, 112 career
                  Jen Gorcsyynski (defense) 97/3years, 127 career, All American.

A lot of good players don't make your little All-American list. Doesn't mean they aren't good.
                  RIT TIGERS
                  2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 2 for chirping View Post

just to name two...
                    I think you forgot to mention Laura Hurd. But she only broke 100 after 2 years.
                    And then broke 200 in her fourth year.

Danielle Blanchard and a few other Plattsburgh girls would probably make the list.
                    RIT TIGERS
                    2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

just to name two...

Did both get All-American?? Just courious.....I do not know. I agree that 100 plus points in a 3 year period should not be what qualifies someone to be considered for All-American, but having followed women's hockey the past couple years and seeing this kid play and see her when she plays against others who are All-American.........this kid, as many have said in threads other than this one, she was the best player on the ice.....period. As has been said, it is not all about the points with LeClerc....she is just one of those few players that can dictate different aspects of the game by the way she decides to play. She can slow it down, she can up the tempo, I am telling you if you have not seen her play....get out to see her. Is she the Ovechkin of women's hockey?? No, there are others out there like her, but those few are or have been All-Americans......Do I think that is the only reason she would come back is so that she can have a chance to be an All-American.............NO way, this kid is the least conceited player you could ever meet.....but you will not find anyone with a deeper love for the game ....male or female and I have been around both in my time at Norwich.

Comment

How old is this women?
                        It is all relative. She is a spring chicken compared to two ex TC players on next years McGill Marlett squad, both of them turning 30 within the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                          It is all relative. She is a spring chicken compared to two ex TC players on next years McGill Marlett squad, both of them turning 30 within the next year.
                          IMHO this kinda crap should not be allowed by the CIS. It makes a mockery of the concept of "student athletes", and I suspect also allows the school to bypass normal more stringent academic requirements given their "mature student" status.

The NCAA has it right with a cutoff of 25. Even for those starting university late, it should not be difficult to be finished both undergrad and a 2 yr grad program at age 25.

Comment

just to name two...
                            how about SARAH TRACEY AT NEC 108pts in three years.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                              IMHO this kinda crap should not be allowed by the CIS. It makes a mockery of the concept of "student athletes", and I suspect also allows the school to bypass normal more stringent academic requirements given their "mature student" status.

The NCAA has it right with a cutoff of 25. Even for those starting university late, it should not be difficult to be finished both undergrad and a 2 yr grad program at age 25.

...and people question why some girls choose not to play in the CIS?

Comment

Not sure if the Norwich folks have seen this..if not enjoy!

Love the bit where Sophie say's she's old....

Part # 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjxaHFzy7DM

Part # 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq3UD...eature=related

Part # 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTbOy...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X