Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
    Most coaches would die for Marks job. With a strong and promising recruiting class coming in this fall, an experienced returning squad, a new locker room, and lets not forget a new office, complete with whirlpool jetted tub... nah, just kidding on the tub, but that's just the beginning. Now the school has funded an assistant coach position so going forward, he'll have help there
    Don't think Mark will give up anything...when my D was down for the school visit he was like a proud papa showing off his pride and joy.This is his empire and I don't think he will give it up for anything.
    For his assistant.............Keith...........we met him as often as Mark..........so things will only get better if he is on the payroll.....both compliment each other well! Things will only get better at Norwich.
    Hey hockeydaddy.........count my 2 cents in for the tub...would be a good addition to new office!
    Last edited by Hock77; 04-22-2010, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I am absolutely amazed that the parents of Norwich players might doubt Bolding's committment to Norwich.

C'mon! How much do you know about Norwich?

This is a school with a very loyal alumni base - a place where being an alum is important within the Norwich community.

The man was a star player and came back to be an assistant coach to the men. Yes, it is a great men's program, but you know that he really wanted to come back to Northfield.

The women's job is a great gig. While he may not have the paid assistant situation that others may have, he has plenty of help on the ice where he uses it well. Somebody mentioned Bowdoin's new rink. I think what they have in Northfield stacks up just fine.

With his success so far, he is loved by the school community, something that a loyal alum truly appreciates.

The only job I see him leaving for would be the men's job at Norwich (which shouldn't happen any time soon). If he keeps the success running with the women, I wouldn't put it past the administration to put him next in line for the men's job when it comes available.

Comment

[QUOTE=notfromaroundhere;4757364]I am absolutely amazed that the parents of Norwich players might doubt Bolding's committment to Norwich.

C'mon! How much do you know about Norwich?

This is a school with a very loyal alumni base - a place where being an alum is important within the Norwich community. (end quote)

Don't read too much into Mainiac's post, I think he was politely trying to get this thread back on track. And don't worry folks, Bolding is not going anywhere.

Comment

[QUOTE=hockeydaddy;4756816]
          And then, there's this rumor of Leclerc's return, humm, stay tuned.

Any truth to the rumour yet......??
          What do the Hockey Gods hear?

Comment

[QUOTE=Hock77;4770992]
            Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
            And then, there's this rumor of Leclerc's return, humm, stay tuned.

Any truth to the rumour yet......??
            What do the Hockey Gods hear?
            Thought I would move this thread back towards the top in hopes that hockeydaddy would be able to shed some light on this topic...he usually seems pretty in tune with what is going on at NU. Any update?

Comment

[QUOTE=HockeyDman;4773867]
              Originally posted by Hock77 View Post

Thought I would move this thread back towards the top in hopes that hockeydaddy would be able to shed some light on this topic...he usually seems pretty in tune with what is going on at NU. Any update?

The story will break by the end of this month.

Comment

[QUOTE=hockeydaddy;4773939]
                Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post

We will wait with bated breath...

Comment

[QUOTE=HockeyDman;4773867]

From what I have heard from rumblings down that way.....I am told that it is pretty much a done deal, she will be back. This is great news for Norwich and maybe not so good for others that were hoping she would be gone.

Along the line of a new assistant for coach Bolding.......I understand that nothing has been done on that end yet. I guess that they know they will be getting one.......but no one that I have talked with down there knows who it will be or when it will happen (although the rumour is that it will be the current Assistant Keith Maurice).........I would think that with the summer tournaments fast approaching they would want to get someone in there and comfortable with the way they do things, but maybe they are thinking that Keith already knows the system pretty much???

Comment

[QUOTE=hockeydaddy;4773939]
                    Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post

C'mon daddy...you know whats cooking, let us spectators in the loop!
                    What outcome are you expecting from the team if this Icon returns for another year ,sure the opposing coaches will not be happy!
                    If Mark wants the finals in Vermont he must be confident that the Cadets will return to revenge this years final

Comment

I'm going to ask the obvious question about Leclerc...is she eligible for the victory lap?

Comment

What's her background? Did she transfer from somewhere? Did she play on the Norwich club team during her freshmen year?
                        RIT TIGERS
                        2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Fan View Post
                          What's her background? Did she transfer from somewhere? Did she play on the Norwich club team during her freshmen year?
                          Transfered over from D1 in her second year............thats what i heard in the rumour mill

Comment

Transfered over from D1 in her second year............thats what i heard in the rumour mill
                            From what I was told from a source at Norwich was that she was at UVM but never played or was rostered due to injury problems............I have seen UVM play and they should have done more to keep this kid because she is better then most of what they have now.......

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
                              From what I was told from a source at Norwich was that she was at UVM but never played or was rostered due to injury problems............I have seen UVM play and they should have done more to keep this kid because she is better then most of what they have now.......
                              Looked back in the records. She was an 05-06 recruit. Same class as Marvin, Lawler and Resor, who all graduatuated a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                                Looked back in the records. She was an 05-06 recruit. Same class as Marvin, Lawler and Resor, who all graduatuated a year ago.
                                So the question is not "For whom did she play?" but is now "When did her clock start?"

My understanding is that you get five years to play four seasons...

Comment

Working...
                                X