Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
    Missy was under the OWHA limit. You are only an import for your first year. For example Saulnier was not considered an import from an OWHA perspective last season, even though her home residence is NS, as she played on an OWHA based team the year before.
    Is the limit two or three? Broker, Pitts and Pfalzer were all from out of province and in their first year in the OWHA.

Comment

Marie Philip Guay D from Richelieu, Quebec and Joanie Plamondon G from Quebec City have both committed to Norwich as well. They both played the last 2 years for Dawson College in Montreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
        Is the limit two or three? Broker, Pitts and Pfalzer were all from out of province and in their first year in the OWHA.
        Two is the magic number for Provincials. It is not about rostering, but about who dresses/is eligible for the event. You can have players on your roster not eligible for provincials.

Comment

Originally posted by Blues78 View Post
          Marie Philip Guay D from Richelieu, Quebec and Joanie Plamondon G from Quebec City have both committed to Norwich as well. They both played the last 2 years for Dawson College in Montreal.

Has anyone seen these two play this year? Dawson is a great program from what I hear.

Comment

The U19 rankings are populated with only about a 1/2 season of data....most of these teams have played about 70 games by now, but only 30ish are listed. So the rankings, to whatever extent the statistical methods of comparison may be accurate, are VERY out of date.

In the case of the Toronto Aeros, ranked #1 according to this site, they blanked NAHA 5-0 in their only meeting. The Aeros have never played OHA.

The Mississauga Chiefs, ranked #2 on this site, played OHA only once, and blanked them 3-0. They later tied NAHA 4-4 in their lone meeting.

I am unsure if OHA ever played the other PWHL teams as you suggest. As OnMAA pointed out, NAHA beat OHA 7 times out of 8, and other Canadian prep schools including Pursuit of Excellence and Warner both beat NAHA in key events too. So OHA's one win in 8 tries vs NAHA doesn't look too compelling.

Frankly, given not only the lack of data input for all ranked teams for the second half of the season, but when combined with very little overlap of schedules between OHA and the teams they are being ranked against to strengthen the statistical validity, I would say the value of this OHA ranking of #8 would have to be quite dubious.
            Might want to look at the rooster when NAHA beat OHA except for tournament play like Winterlude when they beat them--- i believe OHA coached pulled up girls from his younger team to play NAHAs white girls

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
              Two is the magic number for Provincials. It is not about rostering, but about who dresses/is eligible for the event. You can have players on your roster not eligible for provincials.
              Well if it only about being able to compete at Provincials, then the rule is of little consequence for PWHL teams. No one really cares about them much anyway.

If they could, most top teams would far rather add another Can-Am type tourney to their schedule instead of entering Provincials.

Comment

Originally posted by squirt View Post
                Might want to look at the rooster when NAHA beat OHA except for tournament play like Winterlude when they beat them--- i believe OHA coached pulled up girls from his younger team to play NAHAs white girls
                So your saying then, that he loses 7 games in a row because he opted to play the wrong players, and he still doesn't make any adjustments to change his game strategy at all in that time? Maybe they need a different coach then. Got any more excuses?

Comment

So your saying then, that he loses 7 games in a row because he opted to play the wrong players, and he still doesn't make any adjustments to change his game strategy at all in that time? Maybe they need a different coach then. Got any more excuses?
                  Is this thread about Norwich?? or how NAHA beats OHA?

Comment

Originally posted by Hock77 View Post
                    Is this thread about Norwich?? or how NAHA beats OHA?
                    Sorry! ....fortunately we are out of season at least, so at least Norwich gets some added profile associated with being a top thread

Now back to regularly scheduled Norwich programming.

Comment

Sorry! ....fortunately we are out of season at least, so at least Norwich gets some added profile associated with being a top thread

Now back to regularly scheduled Norwich programming.
                      Sorry for the intermission...............got the popcorn.....................let the games continue...............until the fall

Comment

To get back on the topic of Norwich Women's Hockey again......I see the Bowdoin job is open........Just for conversation sake what are the odds of Coach Bolding throwing his hat in on this one?? I mean it is a brand new rink, I am sure the pay would be better, still east coast (even though he is from western Canada), at Norwich he has no paid assistants, he is reigning D3 Women's Coach of the Year so right now he would be a hot property, and it looks like a better situation from the outside looking in......Just asking what the feeling is that this could be something that could happen?? Also what are the feelings on Norwich letting him go? I mean I know that this is not D1 and they will not play the money game but they must be able to do something to make it worth more to him???

Comment

In my humble opinion, I don't see Coach Bolding moving anywhere unless it was the opportunity of a lifetime. I also don't see Norwich just letting him go without a fight. There are at least 30 tuition paying women attending Norwich because of Coach Bolding's reputation and where he brought the program. If he leaves under a cloud, not only will they have a tough time finding future tuition paying women, they may lose some of the 30 or so that are there.

Comment

Originally posted by squirt View Post
                            Might want to look at the rooster when NAHA beat OHA
                            Does that "Rooster" Crow as well ?

Comment

Most coaches would die for Marks job. With a strong and promising recruiting class coming in this fall, an experienced returning squad, a new locker room, and lets not forget a new office, complete with whirlpool jetted tub... nah, just kidding on the tub, but that's just the beginning. Now the school has funded an assistant coach position so going forward, he'll have help there.

But wait, even more... for those of you who were not at the end of season women's hockey banquet last Sunday, Mark announced that Norwich will put in a bid to host the NCAA D3 Frozen four next season, indicating he wants to be there for that, and who wouldn't.

And then, there's this rumor of Leclerc's return, humm, stay tuned.

From there, add in "quality of life" that the area offers, along with a school that is serious about their hockey, so basically, he's living the dream. Ok, the grass might seem a little greener "over yonder" sometimes, but frankly, what he's got going for him at Norwich is well… priceless.

There is this one thing though, I wish he would consider wearing a hat, maybe like the one the Amherst Coach wears, The glare is somewhat blinding for us in the stands. Happy birthday Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by futurestar View Post
                                In my humble opinion, I don't see Coach Bolding moving anywhere unless it was the opportunity of a lifetime. I also don't see Norwich just letting him go without a fight. There are at least 30 tuition paying women attending Norwich because of Coach Bolding's reputation and where he brought the program. If he leaves under a cloud, not only will they have a tough time finding future tuition paying women, they may lose some of the 30 or so that are there.
                                Agreed......Coach Bolding is a reputable guy. He brings these women into this program with the idea that he is the Head Coach at Norwich and unless there are unforeseen circumstances, he will see them through their 4 years there, whether they stay on the team all 4 years or not. I think it would have to be an incredible situation for him to leave what he has managed to build at Norwich. Also speculating is not always a good idea, I mean occasionally a potential recruit or current player may wander out here and read more into this then what I think it is.............it was started just to get people talking about "what if" ....my advise is do not read anything more then that into it.
                                Last edited by EQMGR; 04-22-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X