Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
    STOP THE PRESSES...........If that is true and Ms. LeClerc does go on to play for another year just think how irked some opposing coaches will be hearing that!! Not sure that it is true but it sure would be a nice present for Coach Bolding and one I am sure he would love to get She has to feel that she was so close and that maybe this young team is only a players or 3 away from going back again??? Regardless, maybe this kid will get the credit she deserves as one of the top 2 or 3 players in D3 hockey.....either way , if she decides to come back for year 4 or not........she has had a great career. Here is hoping.
    I'm pretty sure this is incorrect.

I talked to Coach Bolding earlier this year and I'm 98% sure Sophie's athletic clock has expired because of her time at Vermont.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by westcoast View Post
      NAHA White beat OHA 5-2 and 2-0 that weekend. Also NAHA's younger team beat OHA's older team 4-1 that weekend.
      think maybe referring to actual tournament at new years and not the friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoast View Post
        NAHA White beat OHA 5-2 and 2-0 that weekend. Also NAHA's younger team beat OHA's older team 4-1 that weekend.
        OHA and NAHA White faced each other many times (I'd say 6 to 8 times) this year in various tournaments and exhibition play.

NAHA won the majority of those games, but OHA is in it's second year of operation, majority of their players are returning, so expect them to be even stronger next year, specially up front with most of their offensive weapons returning.

Post Script Edit:
        Just checked on the NAHA site
        ....NAHA White and OHA met 8 times, NAHA won 7, OHA 1.
        ....One game went in to OT, 3 of the NAHA wins were by a score of 3-2.
        http://www.winter-hawks.org/teams/whiteschedule.html
        Last edited by OnMAA; 04-13-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelnick View Post
          Rumor has it that they aren't. She's only played collegiately for three years and will be back next year for her fourth year of eligibility as a graduate student. Again, just a rumor that I've heard, but one that I really like if it's true.
          Interesting...I bet coach Bolding hopes the rumor is true.

Any predictions on where Norwich will be ranked at the beginning of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by Yelnick View Post
            Rumor has it that they aren't. She's only played collegiately for three years and will be back next year for her fourth year of eligibility as a graduate student. Again, just a rumor that I've heard, but one that I really like if it's true.
            Not sure who you are hearing the rumors from. saw OHA play---- the lascelle girl is a solid D top 3 on the team--lortie girl is good to get you that winning goal you need to win a game---2nd yr in operation and OHA's intermediate team has been voted 2nd in all of CAnada for prep schools and ranked #8 amongst all the PWHL teams and the rest of them directly under the ottawa senator team --- i believe they also went in and beat the national champions Assebet Valley(U19) in their own tournament this yr. From what i understand with NAHA OHA coach brings up some WHITE team girls to play in the fun games---Naha white takes the older girls and brings them down to play against younger girls---rationale--possible to win??? Watch out for this OHA club Bolding may have tapped into something good here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by squirt View Post
              Not sure who you are hearing the rumors from. saw OHA play---- the lascelle girl is a solid D top 3 on the team--lortie girl is good to get you that winning goal you need to win a game---2nd yr in operation and OHA's intermediate team has been voted 2nd in all of CAnada for prep schools and ranked #8 amongst all the PWHL teams and the rest of them directly under the ottawa senator team --- i believe they also went in and beat the national champions Assebet Valley(U19) in their own tournament this yr. From what i understand with NAHA OHA coach brings up some WHITE team girls to play in the fun games---Naha white takes the older girls and brings them down to play against younger girls---rationale--possible to win??? Watch out for this OHA club Bolding may have tapped into something good here!!!
              Really! Goodness me....................Fiction is stranger than truth.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
                Interesting...I bet coach Bolding hopes the rumor is true.

Any predictions on where Norwich will be ranked at the beginning of the year?
                Coach Bolding will be smiling ear to ear if rumour is true (Sophie) and with his acquisition of a goal scoring F(Lortie)and a solid D(Lascelle) from OHA will surely help the Cadets to reach their status as a DIII champion
                Last edited by Hock77; 04-21-2010, 10:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

saw OHA play---- the lascelle girl is a solid D top 3 on the team--lortie girl is good to get you that winning goal you need to win a game---2nd yr in operation and OHA's intermediate team has been voted 2nd in all of CAnada for prep schools and ranked #8 amongst all the PWHL teams and the rest of them directly under the ottawa senator team

Where are you getting these statistics from? Since most of Canada's prep teams across the country don't generally play against one another (and there are very few hockey-specific preps to begin with), your professed #2 ranking for OHA is pretty hypothetical.

Similarly, OHA does not typically play against the PWHL teams much. Furthermore, having seen all the PWHL teams alot this year, and seeing OHA play against them, a #8 ranking among PWHL teams is a big stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post

Where are you getting these statistics from? Since most of Canada's prep teams across the country don't generally play against one another (and there are very few hockey-specific preps to begin with), your professed #2 ranking for OHA is pretty hypothetical.

Similarly, OHA does not typically play against the PWHL teams much. Furthermore, having seen all the PWHL teams alot this year, and seeing OHA play against them, a #8 ranking among PWHL teams is a big stretch.
                    Well they wont let OHA in the leaque wonder why???the club is getting stronger and they have many returning this yr---- and they do PWHL teams Missy Toronto Ottawa aurora Whitby etc--check out myhockeyrankings.com check out the U19 AA out and let me know how hypothetical it is!!

Comment

Blah....blah....blah..........today i win.........tommorrow you win.....just shows that on any given day the good teams win some then lose some.
                      Sure NAHA has won more games over OHA but most of the games were 1 goal games I dont think many teams gave NAHA a run for their money like OHA did.....................always good competion between both,very exciting to watch

Comment

Well they wont let OHA in the league wonder why???!!
                        From an OWHA perspective, the OHA team carries too many imports to be eligible for things like PWHL and Provincials. Technically there is a league for OHA to play in. The same one Ridley, Appleby and Trinity are part of as they are some of the other Ontario based prep schools with hockey programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hock77 View Post
                          Blah....blah....blah..........today i win.........tommorrow you win.....just shows that on any given day the good teams win some then lose some.
                          Sure NAHA has won more games over OHA but most of the games were 1 goal games I dont think many teams gave NAHA a run for their money like OHA did.....................always good competion between both,very exciting to watch
                          Many schools, OHA included, run good programs. But before you spout off on how good OHA is compared to the rest, you may want to check some stats and facts.

NAHA vs OHA was 7-1 in games won-lost during the last season. Some teams did give NAHA more than just a run for their money, including a couple of other Canadian Prep teams. BC Pursuit won 5-1 over NAHA in a tournament final. Warner beat NAHA in the JWHL playoffs to win that event.
                          Last edited by OnMAA; 04-17-2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Well they wont let OHA in the leaque wonder why???the club is getting stronger and they have many returning this yr---- and they do PWHL teams Missy Toronto Ottawa aurora Whitby etc--check out myhockeyrankings.com check out the U19 AA out and let me know how hypothetical it is!!
                            The U19 rankings are populated with only about a 1/2 season of data....most of these teams have played about 70 games by now, but only 30ish are listed. So the rankings, to whatever extent the statistical methods of comparison may be accurate, are VERY out of date.

In the case of the Toronto Aeros, ranked #1 according to this site, they blanked NAHA 5-0 in their only meeting. The Aeros have never played OHA.

The Mississauga Chiefs, ranked #2 on this site, played OHA only once, and blanked them 3-0. They later tied NAHA 4-4 in their lone meeting.

I am unsure if OHA ever played the other PWHL teams as you suggest. As OnMAA pointed out, NAHA beat OHA 7 times out of 8, and other Canadian prep schools including Pursuit of Excellence and Warner both beat NAHA in key events too. So OHA's one win in 8 tries vs NAHA doesn't look too compelling.

Frankly, given not only the lack of data input for all ranked teams for the second half of the season, but when combined with very little overlap of schedules between OHA and the teams they are being ranked against to strengthen the statistical validity, I would say the value of this OHA ranking of #8 would have to be quite dubious.
                            Last edited by Trillium; 04-17-2010, 10:54 PM. Reason: clean up

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                              From an OWHA perspective, the OHA team carries too many imports to be eligible for things like PWHL and Provincials.
                              it didn't stop Mississauga

Comment

it didn't stop Mississauga
                                Missy was under the OWHA limit. You are only an import for your first year. For example Saulnier was not considered an import from an OWHA perspective last season, even though her home residence is NS, as she played on an OWHA based team the year before.

Comment

Working...
                                X