Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by nbound View Post
    I must have missed what you are referring to. As I went through the lobby after the game I saw nothing out of the ordinary. Thought their fans in the stands were great supporters. Good luck to Norwich in the game today and congrats on a great win yesterday.
    oh? nothing out of the ordinary? I mean I wasn't there, but I saw it in plattsburgh. If it wasn't out of the ordinary to you, does that mean all western teams don't know how to win gracefully?

Comment

Good luck to NORWICH tonight as they represent the ECAC East!!! Two of my best friends are on Norwich and I couldn't be more proud of them I wish the best of luck to the entire Norwich Women's team.

HawkHockey15
      Saint Anselm Hockey Alumni
      ~Don't go through life without goals~

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
        oh? nothing out of the ordinary? I mean I wasn't there, but I saw it in plattsburgh. If it wasn't out of the ordinary to you, does that mean all western teams don't know how to win gracefully?
        It means you weren't there, I was. At the time I walked through the lobby after the game I saw no boorish behavior by Norwich fans. We weren't in Plattsburgh we were in St Peter. If there was boorish behavior I did not witness it. Sour grapes by you and 5-4 nothing wrong with enjoying the moment, it may only come around once in a lifetime if you're not Platty, Elmira, Amherst or any of the other greats .

Comment

Originally posted by oldguard View Post
          As a Norwich Alumnus, I apoligize for any real or perceived poor sportsmanship by Norwich fans yesterday. That is not typical of Norwich fans and definitely not in keeping with Norwich tradition nor the wishes of coach Bolding or the administration.

As was said, maybe it was the "never been here before syndrome". Whatever, hopefully it will not become a habit.
          Although this NCAA frozen four weekend is a first for the Norwich parents and fans, I am not buying into your "syndrome" comment or appreciate you apoligizing for the whole group based on comments from a few sore losers, some who thought they had won before the game started. Granted, not everyone possesses the same level of "savoir vivre", but that can apply to any group. If there are any habits forming, they are the ones where the team is winning, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

We have every intention of continuing to support our team as we have been, (minus the cow bell ) and also continue to promote mutual respect, all within the guidelines of the NCAA and I'm sure, the "administration".

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
            Although this NCAA frozen four weekend is a first for the Norwich parents and fans, I am not buying into your "syndrome" comment or appreciate you apoligizing for the whole group based on comments from a few sore losers, some who thought they had won before the game started. Granted, not everyone possesses the same level of "savoir vivre", but that can apply to any group. If there are any habits forming, they are the ones where the team is winning, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

We have every intention of continuing to support our team as we have been, (minus the cow bell ) and also continue to promote mutual respect, all within the guidelines of the NCAA and I'm sure, the "administration".
            First of all, congratulations to the Norwich Women's Hockey team. Wonderful effort and wonderful season!

Secondly, to hockeydaddy, you are correct, I did over react to the earlier posters. Although the "syndrome" comment came from an earlier poster, the rest of my message was too quick especially since I was not there nor did I have the benefit of any opposing views. So to all of you who have supported the women all year and particularly those who made the effort to be in Minnesota this weekend, sorry for assuming and thanks for your loyalty to the Norwich program.

Comment

Originally posted by nbound View Post
              It means you weren't there, I was. At the time I walked through the lobby after the game I saw no boorish behavior by Norwich fans. We weren't in Plattsburgh we were in St Peter. If there was boorish behavior I did not witness it. Sour grapes by you and 5-4 nothing wrong with enjoying the moment, it may only come around once in a lifetime if you're not Platty, Elmira, Amherst or any of the other greats .
              No sour grapes nbound...Norwich outplayed us on this day and deserved to win. I congratulated the coach and the team. True there is nothing wrong with enjoying the moment...but fans acting like this was a Pee Wee tournament win was hard to fathom.

Take it to the parking lot, have a parade at home if you want but what was witnessed in the lobby by many and then at the host hotel that evening by a few was less than what would be expected at a tournament of this magnitude.

Comment

You want class? How about leaving ice and leaving the runner up trophy on the ice after it was awarded? I seem to remember a team doing that last year after losing in the championship game in Middlebury. Now THAT is class. In my opinion, any fan from that school can't berate the Norwich fans for being excited about a win and talk about any kind of lack of class.
                Go Sioux!!!
                Go Cadets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yelnick View Post
                  You want class? How about leaving ice and leaving the runner up trophy on the ice after it was awarded? I seem to remember a team doing that last year after losing in the championship game in Middlebury. Now THAT is class. In my opinion, any fan from that school can't berate the Norwich fans for being excited about a win and talk about any kind of lack of class.
                  Yup...yer right...that's a classic...but not surprising.

Comment

Congratulations to Coach Bolding on being named the Division III Women's Coach of the Year!!!!

Well Deserved!!!
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                      Congratulations to Coach Bolding on being named the Division III Women's Coach of the Year!!!!

Well Deserved!!!
                      THIS! And congrats on a great season to his staff as well.

Comment

Couple of names out there on Beyond The Dasher of incoming Freshmen for next season at Norwich. Goalie Kelly Fisk, who I understand is pretty good but the other 2 from the OHA program I am not familiar with, D-man Kayla Lascelle, and forward Renee Lortie. Has anyone had the oportunity to see these kids play and if so are they top notch recruits? Just trying to gauge what impact they may have on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
                          Couple of names out there on Beyond The Dasher of incoming Freshmen for next season at Norwich. Goalie Kelly Fisk, who I understand is pretty good but the other 2 from the OHA program I am not familiar with, D-man Kayla Lascelle, and forward Renee Lortie. Has anyone had the oportunity to see these kids play and if so are they top notch recruits? Just trying to gauge what impact they may have on the team.
                          I saw OHA play NAHA White in Morrisville this year and I recall OHA beating NAHA 3-2. I don't know if you are familiar with NAHA but 90% of the kids go on to play DI Hockey. I see OHA has 2 players going DI this year to Brown and UVM and then at the DIII level, 1 at Adrian, 1 at Conn College and the two to Norwich. OHA is a great team with several crafty forwards and great defense, they rolled 3 lines just like NAHA....I remember seeing several college coaches at that tournament those being UVM, Dartmouth, Plattsburgh & Norwich. I guess time will tell but I would venture to say they are solid players. Need to be since Norwich will be loosing their top player.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
                            Need to be since Norwich will be losing their top player.
                            Rumor has it that they aren't. She's only played collegiately for three years and will be back next year for her fourth year of eligibility as a graduate student. Again, just a rumor that I've heard, but one that I really like if it's true.
                            Go Sioux!!!
                            Go Cadets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
                              I saw OHA play NAHA White in Morrisville this year and I recall OHA beating NAHA 3-2. I don't know if you are familiar with NAHA but 90% of the kids go on to play DI Hockey. I see OHA has 2 players going DI this year to Brown and UVM and then at the DIII level, 1 at Adrian, 1 at Conn College and the two to Norwich. OHA is a great team with several crafty forwards and great defense, they rolled 3 lines just like NAHA....I remember seeing several college coaches at that tournament those being UVM, Dartmouth, Plattsburgh & Norwich. I guess time will tell but I would venture to say they are solid players. Need to be since Norwich will be loosing their top player.
                              NAHA White beat OHA 5-2 and 2-0 that weekend. Also NAHA's younger team beat OHA's older team 4-1 that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelnick View Post
                                Rumor has it that they aren't. She's only played collegiately for three years and will be back next year for her fourth year of eligibility as a graduate student. Again, just a rumor that I've heard, but one that I really like if it's true.
                                STOP THE PRESSES...........If that is true and Ms. LeClerc does go on to play for another year just think how irked some opposing coaches will be hearing that!! Not sure that it is true but it sure would be a nice present for Coach Bolding and one I am sure he would love to get She has to feel that she was so close and that maybe this young team is only a players or 3 away from going back again??? Regardless, maybe this kid will get the credit she deserves as one of the top 2 or 3 players in D3 hockey.....either way , if she decides to come back for year 4 or not........she has had a great career. Here is hoping.

Comment

Working...
                                X