Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by nbound View Post
    Speaking of disgruntled M'ville supporters,....Did Valianatfan08 jump off a bridge after the loss to NEC or what, has not been posting anywhere. I've really been concerned
    He's probably too busy fighting a visitor for saluting their fans at a rink that isn't theirs.

I have to admit, I thought of him and laughed this weekend when Babson and Skidmore both saluted their fans after their semifinal game in the men's final four at Kreitzberg. Then Babson had the gall to do it again after they lost in the finals, with Norwich still on the ice. I kept waiting for a fight to break out, because that's what he said happens. Imagine my surprise when nothing happened...
    Go Sioux!!!
    Go Cadets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
      Hey, remember last year when some tool was lamenting that the coaching staff wasn't out recruiting and the team would continue to languish. Wonder how that crow is tasting.
      Actually -- not bad if prepared correctly...

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1626...240199,00.html

This one also works with Crow:

http://recipe.aol.com/recipe/elizabe...ea-duck/114742

Congrats Norwich. Nice win. Great season!
      Last edited by futurestar; 03-08-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Congrats Norwich. I'm alive... Barely tho.

Was really looking forward to Mville vs Norwich part 4.

Tough weekend to support mville athletics,girls get upset and men got screwed out of tourney. I will be rooting for the cadets in the tournament. Hope you beat the snot out of platty.

I am shutting my computer off until next October!!

Comment

Originally posted by valiantfan08 View Post
          Congrats Norwich. I'm alive... Barely tho.

Was really looking forward to Mville vs Norwich part 4.

Tough weekend to support mville athletics,girls get upset and men got screwed out of tourney. I will be rooting for the cadets in the tournament. Hope you beat the snot out of platty.

I am shutting my computer off until next October!!
          Thanks for your support. Honestly, I was looking forward to a finals match up between Norwich and M'ville last Sunday but it wasn't meant to be it seems.

Comment

WOW...Way to go norwich make the ecac east proud!
            Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by valiantfan08 View Post
              WOW...Way to go norwich make the ecac east proud!
              Congrats.
              I was at the game and I have to say that was one of the best women's hockey games I have ever seen. Plattsburgh looked really good in the first period and was all over Norwich. The second period was a draw as both teams had great chances. The third period was all Norwich. Sophie Leclerc was absoultely the best player on the ice. When Plattsburgh scored the go ahead goal I thought Norwich was done....but I give the cadets credit they didn't fold their tents and I think it just made them more determined and I swear Leclerc was on the ice for the last 4 minutes of the game.

Congrats to Norwich for making it to the big dance. Good luck out west and make the ECAC east proud.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
                I was at the game and I have to say that was one of the best women's hockey games I have ever seen. Plattsburgh looked really good in the first period and was all over Norwich. The second period was a draw as both teams had great chances. The third period was all Norwich. Sophie Leclerc was absoultely the best player on the ice. When Plattsburgh scored the go ahead goal I thought Norwich was done....but I give the cadets credit they didn't fold their tents and I think it just made them more determined and I swear Leclerc was on the ice for the last 4 minutes of the game.

Congrats to Norwich for making it to the big dance. Good luck out west and make the ECAC east proud.
                Plattsburgh State student newspaper recap of the game...http://www.cardinalpointsonline.com/...gain-1.2190586

Comment

Congrats Ladies
                  Steve Day(NU71)
                  Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
                    This is a good young team but when you get to the NCAA's and playing this caliber it is tough to play from behind, and Norwich has had a tough time playing from behind all year. Norwich will need to get the early lead and keep pounding at the net with good quality shots from good areas and rely on Fortin and the defence to do their part......
                    There should be no further doubt about this Norwich womens team going all the way after yesterdays win vs. Platty. Ok, Sophie Leclerc was the hero yesterday, but it could easily be someone else next weekend.

Many thanks to all of you for your support and yes, we will make the ECAC East proud.

Anyone got a jet we can borrow?

Comment

I have said it on other threads and I will say it on this one......Sophie Leclerc is probably the least known great player in D3 women's hockey. This kid can contol a game even when she does not show up on the score sheet. To have the 3 year career that this kid has had and to never be mentioned for All American shows just how ludicrious this process is. Great player , but even a better kid.

Comment

Originally posted by EQMGR View Post
                        I have said it on other threads and I will say it on this one......Sophie Leclerc is probably the least known great player in D3 women's hockey. This kid can contol a game even when she does not show up on the score sheet. To have the 3 year career that this kid has had and to never be mentioned for All American shows just how ludicrious this process is. Great player , but even a better kid.
                        She has 107 points in 81 games over three years? So does that mean she have another year? The roster has her as a Senior. Well all things considered she is one of the best DIII Women's players I have seen. Wish I was able to take time off to head out west. Wishing all the participants good luck, this is shaping up to be a great final four. Safe travels to all the East teams.

Comment

Having watched Leclerc 3x vs Mville this season the kid does everything. She was clearly the best player I saw all season long. She plays probably 30 minutes a night and does it all!!!! Great defensively,offensively, faceoffs, PP,PK,she plays tough. That kid is an all-american.

Comment

She has 107 points in 81 games over three years? So does that mean she have another year? The roster has her as a Senior. Well all things considered she is one of the best DIII Women's players I have seen. Wish I was able to take time off to head out west. Wishing all the participants good luck, this is shaping up to be a great final four. Safe travels to all the East teams.
                            Her eligibility is up this year, as she spent one year in another program.
                            Go 'Wick!

Comment

I thought Norwich executed one of the best game plans I have ever seen. It was clear that they found some Plattsburgh tendancies and exploited them. Plattsburgh had trouble getting out of their end all game long. One complaint I had was that I thought Norwich was doing a lot of stick holding in the first period (especially in the defensive zone). I did not, however, notice it in the second or third and I was looking for it. Plattsburgh never deviated from its original game plan even when it seemed obvious Norwich was well-prepared for it. Good luck to the Lady Cadets next weekend. You were the better team this past weekend.
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95
                              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by EQMGR View Post
                                I've observed several players on different teams over these years, that although don't put up big numbers, are a big influence on the ice, and chances are, off the ice too as great leaders. They probably don't want to be a "flash in the pan" and are not looking to be on the radar. These same players most likely embody their schools ideals and are out there to have fun, "living the dream" as they would tell you.

The system the ECAC uses to give out player of the week awards is obviously narrow in scope, seemingly using only points as a basis for it's choice, but thats been covered in other threads so no need to go there again I suppose. But these same players mentioned above couldn't give a hoot anyway.

Speaking of going unnoticed...

I do want to right a wrong though and give credit where credit is due. On Leclerc's first goal during the Plattsburg game last Saturday, it was listed as "unassisted". In fact, it was Fortier (#7) that, in the process of forechecking deep in the zone, lifted the Platty D's stick, stole the puck and from the backhand, passed it to Leclerc who then strode in for that goal to tie the game. That little .5 second move by Fortier changed the course of life for everyone in that rink, yet, went unnoticed to almost everyone, including the refs!

Sometimes it's the little things in life that add up to the most, would you not agree?

Comment

Working...
                                X